Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheung Mo Gei vs. the Three Shaolin Elders

Question Cheung Mo Gei vs. the Three Shaolin Elders

During his first, one-against-three battle against the Shaolin Elders Do Geep, Do Ngak, and Do Ngan, Cheung Mo Gei was able to singlehandedly battle the three of them to a standstill. He couldn't defeat them, but they couldn't defeat him either. It seemed to be a stalemate.

A few days later, Cheung Mo Gei returned with reinforcements: the Ming Cult's Yeung Siu and Yan Teen Sing. Yeung Siu and Yan Teen Sing were not only two of the most powerful fighters in the Ming Cult, but they were among the best fighters in HSDS *period*. Nevertheless, the addition of these two Ming Cult stalwarts got Cheung Mo Gei the same result: a stalemate (and technically, the Ming Cult lost because Yan Teen Sing later died of overexertion). How could the addition of two such powerful fighters after Cheung Mo Gei had already singlehandedly stalemated the Elders once have not made any difference at all? Unless the Elders went easy on him during the first battle, the math doesn't work.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 09-04-03 at 02:47 AM.

Default Re: Cheung Mo Gei vs. the Three Shaolin Elders

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    During his first, one-against-three battle against the Shaolin Elders Do Geep, Do Ngak, and Do Ngan, Cheung Mo Gei was able to singlehandedly battle the three of them to a standstill. He couldn't defeat them, but they couldn't defeat him either. It seemed to be a stalemate.

A few days later, Cheung Mo Gei returned with reinforcements: the Ming Cult's Yeung Siu and Yan Teen Sing. Yeung Siu and Yan Teen Sing were not only two of the most powerful fighters in the Ming Cult, but they were among the best fighters in HSDS *period*. Nevertheless, the addition of these two Ming Cult stalwarts got Cheung Mo Gei the same result: a stalemate (and technically, the Ming Cult lost because Yan Teen Sing later died of overexertion). How could the addition of two such powerful fighters after Cheung Mo Gei had already singlehandedly stalemated the Elders once have not made any difference at all? Unless the Elders went easy on him during the first battle, the math doesn't work.
    I believe that with the addition of the other two fighters, they are in the way of ZWJ. I mean KGDNY works best in the open plain. With the other two fighters, there are now restrictions to where ZWJ can transfer the blow that he takes. Plus knowing the personality of ZWJ, i think he will be worry about their safety thus not concentrating on the battle as he should be. And a big point is that the 3 does not have the same connectivity as the 3 Shaolin Elders. If they know what each other is thinking then it will flow smoothly otherwise there will be more chaos. That is the reason why one ZWJ can withstand the three because he know himself. LIke how the 3 Shaolin elders knew each other.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Zhang Wu Ji did not fight the three elders to a stalemate in their first encounter. ZWJ was pretty much getting his *** kicked. He almost didn't survive the beginning few exchanges. Then he had to use 70% energy to defend while only 30% to attack. After a few hundreds of exchanges, he could only defend. ZWJ was quite simply going to lose and die had they kept on going. So ZWJ told the three elders the story of Cheng Kun to get them to stop.

In the second battle, they found that it's very difficult to attack the formation. So the harder the 3 Ming sect fighters pressed, the more difficult they had in the battle. Eventually they found that they just couldn't break through the formation, and stopped trying.

Yeah, the first round ZWJ was losing and let off by the 3 monks. They did mention that if he took them on one by one, he would definitely win, but taking them on together, there's no way he could win.

Also, 3 Ming Cult experts may not necessarily be a direct match for the 3 monks. Firstly, the 3 monks combined their skills into a single movement or formation whereas the 3 Ming Cult Experts no matter how good they were would probably be fighting without much co-ordination. Secondly, Man-fo-man, I think only ZWJ is a match for one of the monks. YX and the Eagle King would probably be a bit lower in skill level than the Shaolin guys.

No I think ZWJ probably can face two of the three monks.
    The second fight, he fought 2 of the monks . while yang xiao and his grandfathre fought the other one

No I think ZWJ probably can face two of the three monks.
    Actually, ZWJ should be able to defeat all three if they weren't using the Evil-Catching formation(or whatever its called). This is the same reason the Wu Dang heroes were so confident agains Shaolin in a many-on-many fight. Why the two Mt. Hua elders and the He TaiChong couple almost defeated ZWJ at Brightness peak. Formations can boost one's fighting ability by a lot.

Default Actucally...

At that time, firearms were invented.
    As the rebel group against the gov, Ming sect sure have some.
    ZWJ could have just use some heavy fire works and blast the 3 idiots into ashes.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Default Re: Actucally...

Originally posted by Son of Light
    ZWJ could have just use some heavy fire works and blast the 3 idiots into ashes.
    or he should have asked Zhou Chi Yeuk and Chiu Mun to help him out much earlier. A few more XX-chromosomes should do the trick right?

Default Re: Actucally...

Originally posted by Son of Light
    but it would b wrong for ZWJ to use that. It goes against the wuxia rule of fair fighting. That why in DGSD, the Duan family didn't use their army to crush the people who capture DY and held him captive.
    Anyway, i remember before the fight of ZWJ and ZCY, some Bi*ch of Emei was using some evil skill to kill of against her opponent in a fight, and she though it was really badass that Emei is a badass sect. Then one of the 5 Flags of Ming Sect using really sick weapon and scare the crap off of the wuxia people. I mean if ZWJ wants to use force against Shaolin to get his godfather back, Shaolin would b destroy in no second. No other wuxia clan could fight back against Ming Sect because it is not a regular wuxia sect, it is a rebel force w/ millions of followers and advance weapons that could defeat the government. (which it did btw)
    fanatic

Default Well...

All is fair is war.
    Just call the WuXing Qi to speay acid water and throw fire at the 3 monks, the 3 sure die.
    It's not wrong, if they want to lock up other plp, they should be ready for such thing.
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

The problem is if they decided to just bomb everybody, then we will have nothing to see.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Talking NO

Not everyone, just ShaoLin.

Ming sect is probably the biggest sect. How is it compare to the beggar sect?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

The Ming Sect is rich right? I'd say there are more beggars than there are well-off people XD

(note, that wasn't supposed to be a serious comment)

There wouldn't be much story left if everyone picked the 'obvious' option and just threw bombs everywhere, would there?

ZWJ is not so despicable as to use bombs to kill the 3 monks, that's why he's considered a good guy.

I'm resurrecting this topic because I've had some new thoughts...

Let's change Cheung Mo Gei's assistants in this scenario. Let's say Chiu Mun calls in the Yeun Ming Elders to help Cheung Mo Gei against the Shaolin Elders. The Yeun Ming Elders were considerably more powerful than the Ming Cult's Heralds of Light and Guardian Lords (i.e. Yeung Siu and Yan Teen Sing). Would they have made a difference?

Say they're not enough; let's up the ante some more. A desperate Cheung Mo Gei finally goes to his last resort: teaming up with his grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung against the Shaolin Elders. This *should* do the trick, shouldn't it?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I'm resurrecting this topic because I've had some new thoughts...

Let's change Cheung Mo Gei's assistants in this scenario. Let's say Chiu Mun calls in the Yeun Ming Elders to help Cheung Mo Gei against the Shaolin Elders. The Yeun Ming Elders were considerably more powerful than the Ming Cult's Heralds of Light and Guardian Lords (i.e. Yeung Siu and Yan Teen Sing). Would they have made a difference?

Say they're not enough; let's up the ante some more. A desperate Cheung Mo Gei finally goes to his last resort: teaming up with his grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung against the Shaolin Elders. This *should* do the trick, shouldn't it?
    Nah, just do the trick Zhao Min did in the Jet Li version of HSDS.
    Bring a Ming cult chick along, then get her to bare her chest during the fight. Those 3 elders might get a fire deviation on the spot.

Originally posted by CC
    Nah, just do the trick Zhao Min did in the Jet Li version of HSDS.
    Bring a Ming cult chick along, then get her to bare her chest during the fight. Those 3 elders might get a fire deviation on the spot.
    The 3 old farts were still that horny ?
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    The 3 old farts were still that horny ?
    Its not about horniness. Its about the shock effect. If they grew up in Shaolin, they would never have seen a naked woman. So unless they had Sweeper Monk's Zen, they would be shocked for at least a couple seconds. Enough for ZWJ to knock one off.

It is horniness. What's so shocking (to men) about a naked woman unless it's related to horniness ? These monks are taught to regard everything as equal, to see the human body as some sort of dirty bag for the soul. They shouldn't be shocked by a naked woman

If they grew up in Shaolin and hence were shocked by a naked woman, they should also be shocked by the dog meat Zhu Tian (one of the Ming cult 5 Lazy guys, not sure if I got the pinyin correct) tried to shove into their mouths, and by Zhu Tian's killing himself like that. But they weren't, so I think I'm correct
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.