Thread: Do you think Wong Seung personally handed the 9 Yum Jen Ging to Wong Chung Yeung?

Default How did Wong Chung Yeung first come into contact with the 9 Yum Jen Ging?

From the time that Wong Seung invented the 9 Yum Jen Ging during the waning years of the Northern Sung Dynasty to the time that the manual re-emerged in Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung's hands before the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, many decades had passed. How exactly did the 9 Yum Jen Ging first come into Wong Chung Yeung's possession?

seriously doubt it...definitly not WCY's style

Maybe, he went into the time machine and got back to Northern Sung era.

He probably just needed to ask the person. With his reputation, who would dare to not cooperate?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

he probably pick it off the ground after a massacre.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    he probably pick it off the ground after a massacre.
    And you see him walk away with a blood soaked sword.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    And you see him walk away with a blood soaked sword.
    is it his sword?

Originally posted by TaiHan
    is it his sword?
    Possibly.

I believe that one day he stumbled into Huang Shang's tomb. He suddenly needed to relieve himself. So he went to a secret room to go. But he realized he ran out of toilet paper. Fortunately there's like a old phone-book thick scroll lying on the ground. He start ripping it piece by piece. By the time he finished, he realized it was a precious martial arts manual becoz he was quite bored while he was in there. So he read what he didn't already ripped while doing his business. Unfortunately, the parts that he used were lost forever. So the 9 Yin that we all know and love in LOCH is not complete at all, but a watered down, incomplete version. The parts that was lost included immortality, eternal youth, the 72 transformations, Wind God Kicks, Cloud Palms, ghost shadow grappling hands, and mighty steel leg.

If u think that was good u should read his story on the final duel of flying fox of snowy mountain i believed it was a real translation until the last four sentences which made my jaw drop.

Default Maybe Wong Seung personally gave the 9 Yum Jen Ging to Wong Chung Yeung?

One of the lingering mysteries of the Jin Yong universe is how Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung first came into possession of the 9 Yum Jen Ging.

Do you think it's possible that an aged Wong Seung, on his deathbed, personally handed the 9 Yum Jen Ging to a young Wong Chung Yeung, appointing the then-young future Taoist sage as his successor and custodian of the 9 Yum Jen Ging?

Nope because in LOCH ZBT specifically says it changed hands many times but no pugilist could practice long before someone finds him.

It was only when it came to WCY's hand (and we don't know how. Perhaps he hunted down and killed an evildoer who had it) that it finally stabilized. Then after the Huashan Sword Meet, nobody dared to take it from his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Nope because in LOCH ZBT specifically says it changed hands many times but no pugilist could practice long before someone finds him.

It was only when it came to WCY's hand (and we don't know how. Perhaps he hunted down and killed an evildoer who had it) that it finally stabilized. Then after the Huashan Sword Meet, nobody dared to take it from his hands.
    As a timeline matter, however, do you believe it's possible that Dook Goo Kau Bai, Wong Seung, and Wong Chung Yeung could all have lived in Jin Yong's world at the same time? If so, Wong Chung Yeung would have been a child or adolescent during DGKB and WS's twilight years.

Default Do you think Wong Seung personally handed the 9 Yum Jen Ging to Wong Chung Yeung?

Wong Seung was an official of the late Northern Sung Dynasty. After his notorious assault against the Ming Cult, he spent the next forty years of his life creating the 9 Yum Jen Ging.

Forty years after the twilight of the Northern Sung Dynasty would take us into the approximate timeframe of when Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung was a young (or at least very early middle-aged) man. Jin Yong never revealed just how the 9 Yum Jen Ging went from its creator Wong Seung to Wong Chung Yeung's possession by the time of the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Do you think its possible that a very old Wong Seung, possibly on his deathbed, handed the 9 Yum Jen Ging over to a young Wong Chung Yeung to be the manual's new custodian? WS would have recognized in WCY a gifted and ethical martial artist who would have been a responsible and dutiful custodian for the manual, and perhaps chose WCY to be his heir.