Thread: Stupid/ Heartless Parents

Default Stupid/ Heartless Parents

Watching the HSDS china series now, I can't believe how stupid Zhang Cui Shan and Yan Su Su are for commiting suicide and leaving a young ZWJ.

As a parent, there is no way I would ever do that.

Give me some other examples from other novels?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hi Han Solo, nice to hear from you.

How's about JHPP sending her daughter Xiao Zhao into the Ming Cult to steal the manual. So that maybe she has a chance to redeem herself and return back to Persia. Maybe not stupid/heartless. Selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hi Han Solo, nice to hear from you.

How's about JHPP sending her daughter Xiao Zhao into the Ming Cult to steal the manual. So that maybe she has a chance to redeem herself and return back to Persia. Maybe not stupid/heartless. Selfish?
    Selfish. How many years was xiao zhao in persia?
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    How could we not include Siu Yeun San and Mo Yung Bok?
    I always thought the actions of QYS is pretty bad. Not only does he not come out to defend QF, he makes things worse for him.

MRB is just the standard villain.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I always thought the actions of QYS is pretty bad. Not only does he not come out to defend QF, he makes things worse for him.

MRB is just the standard villain.
    Siu Yeun San is the worse father between the two, but Mo Yung Bok wasn't...great. He left his son with this huge, impossible goal to achieve, but no feasible plan for actually achieving that goal. Moreover, MYB left MYF holding the bag for all the wulin murders MYB was committing using their family's notorious reversal technique.

Siu Yeun San is the worse father between the two, but Mo Yung Bok wasn't...great. He left his son with this huge, impossible goal to achieve, but no feasible plan for actually achieving that goal. Moreover, MYB left MYF holding the bag for all the wulin murders MYB was committing using their family's notorious reversal technique.
    Not sure if that is just in the TVB 80s series. Don't think it was in the book.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Cruelest parents: Ling Tuisi from a deadly secret, bury his own daughter alive and put poison in the coffin to trap Ding Dian

Heartless: Qi Zhangfa
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 12-16-19 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    Cruelest parents: Ling Tuisi from a deadly secret, bury his own daughter alive and put poison in the coffin to trap Ding Dian

other candidate:
    Yue Buqun

Heartless: Qi Zhangfa
    Why Yue Buqun? He is definitely hyprocite. Did he do anything to his daughter to qualify as 'cruel/stupid/heartless"?

Not sure if that is just in the TVB 80s series. Don't think it was in the book.

Han Solo
    How are these exotic TVB ideas? Mo Yung F'uk didn't wake up one morning during his childhood and adolescence and decide to restore the long-gone Great Yin Empire for the LOLs. The idea was planted in his head by his father, who didn't leave him with any advice on how to actually accomplish that goal. Moreover, MYB could not have been so idiotic as to not logically conclude that if he used his family's Thy Way Upon Thyself reversal technique on the people he murdered in wulin, the trail wouldn't lead back to his son.

Why Yue Buqun? He is definitely hyprocite. Did he do anything to his daughter to qualify as 'cruel/stupid/heartless"?
    my mistake of replying too fast.
    i revise my answer.

Selfish. How many years was xiao zhao in persia?
    Doubt she ever come back to find zwj.

Watching the HSDS china series now, I can't believe how stupid Zhang Cui Shan and Yan Su Su are for commiting suicide and leaving a young ZWJ.

As a parent, there is no way I would ever do that.

Give me some other examples from other novels?
    They had no choice.

Also, they were at Wudang so I think it is fair to believe that they knew Wuji would be taken care of by Zhang 3 Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    They had no choice.
    Will like to listen to your arguments on this. Thanks.

Kong Kum: He murdered and ate his only son flesh just to learn the great martial art.

Will like to listen to your arguments on this. Thanks.
    Everyone in the wulin knew YSS and ZCS knew the whereabouts of XX. They were unwilling to reveal the whereabouts of XX. If they refused, they would need to be protected by Z3F. But if Z3F were to protect them, that would put the entire Wudang in danger/a very awkward position, which was something ZCS didn't want.

I never knew what was ZCS and YSS' plan on returning to mainland when they knew the whereabouts of XX.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    Everyone in the wulin knew YSS and ZCS knew the whereabouts of XX. They were unwilling to reveal the whereabouts of XX. If they refused, they would need to be protected by Z3F. But if Z3F were to protect them, that would put the entire Wudang in danger/a very awkward position, which was something ZCS didn't want.

I never knew what was ZCS and YSS' plan on returning to mainland when they knew the whereabouts of XX.
    I always thought that their death has something to do with ZCS's fellow Wudang brother's injury.

I always thought that their death has something to do with ZCS's fellow Wudang brother's injury.
    I thought the brothers believed that YSS was behind the Wudang brother's injury, but it was proven otherwise?

YSS and ZCS committed suicide because on Z3F's 100th birthday, everyone was going to Wudang to wish him happy birthday but in true fact, they were trying to pressure ZCS and YSS into revealing XX's location.

I've always thought the suicides of Cheung Chui San and Yan So So were rash, emotionally-driven actions that, if you gave them a chance to reconsider and choose again ten minutes later, they would have chosen to do things differently.

I've always thought the suicides of Cheung Chui San and Yan So So were rash, emotionally-driven actions that, if you gave them a chance to reconsider and choose again ten minutes later, they would have chosen to do things differently.
    While I agree with most of this, we are looking at this whole incident from today's sensibilities. I think back then, or at least in the universe that Jin Yong (and others like Gu Long) imagined/created, brotherhood trumps all. These guys are ready to sacrifice not just themselves but their whole family just to protect their sworn brothers. Liu Zhengfeng did this to save Qu Yang. Li Xunhuan left the love of his life to Long XiaoYun. So I think ultimately, ZCS and YSS's marriage is doomed from the start, or at least from the moment they decided to go back to the mainland, which is why YSS was so scared of this idea and would not have agreed if not for the future of ZWJ. ZCS killed himself because he could not live with the fact that his wife was directly responsible for his brother's tragedy. Second, he killed himself also as a way to take the blame for YSS, not to mention to solve the whole XX dilemma. Overall, I don't think it was a rash decision for ZCS. As for YSS, at this point, she already got ZWJ back and she knew ZSF and the whole Wu Dang would take very good care of him (not knowing about ZWJ's condition of course). If she had chosen to live on, the guilt would have eaten her alive, exactly like it would have with ZCS. Plus, she probably just loved ZCS too much to live without him.