Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Physician/ Doctor in Jin Yong Universe

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Unfortunately, the invincible skill never met the hands of its most suitable practitioner, 1k thoughts/sec BRAIN GOD Hu Fei.
    Just when we were breathless in awe at BRAIN GOD's feat of 100k+ thoughts per blink, someone found out that XIAO FENG was quoted at the speed of infinite thoughts per moment.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Unfortunately, the invincible skill never met the hands of its most suitable practitioner, 1k thoughts/sec BRAIN GOD Hu Fei.
    or INFINITE THOUGHTS Xiao Feng (who can process an infinite amount of thoughts per second).

EDIT CC, you show stealer.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

CC started typing later but posted first, showing great mastery of martial arts
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Yes, I believe CC has reached the SOE[*] in PT[**].

click to show/hide spoilers
    * Summit Of Excellence
    ** Post Timing

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

EDIT CC, you show stealer.

Were you taken by the Surprising_Position of my post?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Were you taken by the Surprising_Position of my post?
    I was almost paralyzed by the Surprising Timing of your post.

Default Best Physician/ Doctor in Jin Yong Universe

Who is the best doctor in the jin yong universe?

I'm currently watching HSDS, it occurs to me that ZWJ had a chance to be a better doctor than even HYS in LOCH. But I never know who is the best doctor in the entire jin yong work.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Ping Yizhi and Yan Wangdi (forgot his real name, su xing he's disciple??)

While zwj is a good doctor, at times probably because of emotions, his diagnosis is wrong - e.g. Yin-li's "death" and "wrong medicine" to cure his "uncles".

Always thought that Yideng is a great doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Ping Yizhi and Yan Wangdi (forgot his real name, su xing he's disciple??)
    Xue Muhua?
    i think his teacher, Su Xinghe, is better than him, as Xue was not able to cure you tanzhi's yin poison , while Su Xinghe know how to do it by teaching Xuzhu

other candidate: that indian monk , martial brother of Yi Deng, know how to cure the passion flower poison

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    While zwj is a good doctor, at times probably because of emotions, his diagnosis is wrong - e.g. Yin-li's "death" and "wrong medicine" to cure his "uncles".
    Yeah Yin-li's "death" was inexcusable but I think it was a plot point/oversight from Jin Yong anyway. ZWJ has an advantage over other doctors, which is that he has the inner power to cure wounds that require it. For example, he would be able to cure HR whereas guys like Ping YiZhi or Xue Muhua would fail. Plus, guys like Ping YiZhi, Xue Muhua are still too self-centered to be doctors. Guys like ZWJ and YiDeng's Indian friend are much more benevolent, which makes them much more suitable to be a doctor.

Default best "god" healer in jin yong universe?

who is the best "god" healer in jin yong universe?

yi deng's friend that cured YD/YG in LOCH/ROCH
    the doctor that only cure Ming cult in HSDS
    the doctor that only cure sun moon sect or only if you kill another guy in SPW
    the guy that healed ah zhu in DGSD
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post

Xu Zhu. friggin eyeball transplant in 12th century.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Xu Zhu. friggin eyeball transplant in 12th century.
    Who is able to save Ah Zhu then?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post

I think ZWJ was even a better doctor than Hu Qingniu (the Ming Cult doctor). Not only did he inherit pretty much everything HQN knew, he also had the poison manuals from HQN's wife so he could better treat poison wounds. However, the biggest advantage ZWJ had over all other doctors in this list is his inner power, which means he could cure wounds from elite pugilists that require more inner power than medical techniques. For example, he could easily cure Yin-based wounds like those from the XuanMing elders while HQN failed. I think he could have cured Huang Rong's or Linghu Chong's wounds as those required inner power.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    I think ZWJ was even a better doctor than Hu Qingniu (the Ming Cult doctor). Not only did he inherit pretty much everything HQN knew, he also had the poison manuals from HQN's wife so he could better treat poison wounds. However, the biggest advantage ZWJ had over all other doctors in this list is his inner power, which means he could cure wounds from elite pugilists that require more inner power than medical techniques. For example, he could easily cure Yin-based wounds like those from the XuanMing elders while HQN failed. I think he could have cured Huang Rong's or Linghu Chong's wounds as those required inner power.
    I think Cheung Mo Gei had the potential to surpass his teacher Wu Ching Ngau as a physician, but during the timeframe of HSDS, CMG never did not because he lacked the ability, but because he lacked the experience. Medicine, like many other disciplines, is one wherein the practitioner improves with time as he/she accumulates more knowledge-based experience. When CMG first met WCN, the doctor already had decades of experience as a healer. At the time HSDS ended, CMG's body of experience as a physician was scarcely ten years. This is the reason, I believe, that CMG made a number of "rookie" errors when treating patients that the more experienced WCN would likely not have made.

Sweeper monk able to 'revive' Ah Zhu?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think Cheung Mo Gei had the potential to surpass his teacher Wu Ching Ngau as a physician, but during the timeframe of HSDS, CMG never did not because he lacked the ability, but because he lacked the experience. Medicine, like many other disciplines, is one wherein the practitioner improves with time as he/she accumulates more knowledge-based experience. When CMG first met WCN, the doctor already had decades of experience as a healer. At the time HSDS ended, CMG's body of experience as a physician was scarcely ten years. This is the reason, I believe, that CMG made a number of "rookie" errors when treating patients that the more experienced WCN would likely not have made.
    I agree with this. Even nowadays, when medical practices and techniques have been systemized a thousand times more that they were in the past, you still need a lot of experience to be a good doctor. ZWJ at 21 years old still had a loooong way to go to reach the level of expertise of his master. However, other than the first time when he treated Chang Yuchun, I don't recall him making too many rookie errors. He did successfully treat the band of fighters who got poisoned by Jinhua popo, albeit with help from Hu Qingniu. He cured Hu Taichong's mistress on his own. He did make a huge mistake when treating his uncles but that is more because he got tricked by Zhao Min, not because he made a medical blunder. He kept alive Song Qingshu when the guy bascially got his head smashed in. I think with ZWJ's disposition and booksmart-ness, his medical career would be more successful than his fighting career.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    I agree with this. Even nowadays, when medical practices and techniques have been systemized a thousand times more that they were in the past, you still need a lot of experience to be a good doctor. ZWJ at 21 years old still had a loooong way to go to reach the level of expertise of his master. However, other than the first time when he treated Chang Yuchun, I don't recall him making too many rookie errors. He did successfully treat the band of fighters who got poisoned by Jinhua popo, albeit with help from Hu Qingniu. He cured Hu Taichong's mistress on his own. He did make a huge mistake when treating his uncles but that is more because he got tricked by Zhao Min, not because he made a medical blunder. He kept alive Song Qingshu when the guy bascially got his head smashed in. I think with ZWJ's disposition and booksmart-ness, his medical career would be more successful than his fighting career.
    Well, you could say the same for Xu Zhu. He never did a single surgical procedure before and his 1st one was a friggin eyeballs transplant! And his inner energy (if needed) was >3x ZWJ. And he had the medical library to refer to.