Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Japan

  1. #1
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,565

    Default Japan

    I'm travelling to Japan next year for a few weeks.

    Need your suggestions for the following city:
    1) Tokyo
    2) Nagoya
    3) Kyoto
    4) Osaka

    Will be travelling with 2 young kids as well. Also will be driving.

    Thanks,
    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,086

    Default

    1) Tokyo - went a few times = Tokyo Bay, Asakusa Temple
    2) Nagoya - not there before
    3) Kyoto - went once - Kinkaku-ji Temple
    4) Osaka - went once - Osaka Aquarium, Osaka palace

    Unless you do not mind queuing, and your kids are too young, attractions like Disney in Tokyo and USS in Osaka can be missed.
    In Tokyo and Osaka, because the subway stations are huge, the ticketing stations can be located at different locations. So ask the locals. Japanese are quite helpful though they may not speak English well.

    Also, since your kids are young, it may be worthwhile to stay near subway stations (though more expensive) to reduce the walking time. Prepare to walk a lot. Give yourself more than ample time, especially if you have a bullet train to catch. Taxis are very expensive, especially in Tokyo.

    And there is no need to drive since the transportation system in these cities are quite developed. Unless you plan to travel to the rural areas.

    January/February weather are quite cold and chilly. So bring enough "thick" clothes. Avoid heat pad because you will feel very warm in the subway trains. All trains have thermal heating.

    Hope this helps a bit.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    1) Tokyo - went a few times = Tokyo Bay, Asakusa Temple
    2) Nagoya - not there before
    3) Kyoto - went once - Kinkaku-ji Temple
    4) Osaka - went once - Osaka Aquarium, Osaka palace

    Unless you do not mind queuing, and your kids are too young, attractions like Disney in Tokyo and USS in Osaka can be missed.
    In Tokyo and Osaka, because the subway stations are huge, the ticketing stations can be located at different locations. So ask the locals. Japanese are quite helpful though they may not speak English well.

    Also, since your kids are young, it may be worthwhile to stay near subway stations (though more expensive) to reduce the walking time. Prepare to walk a lot. Give yourself more than ample time, especially if you have a bullet train to catch. Taxis are very expensive, especially in Tokyo.

    And there is no need to drive since the transportation system in these cities are quite developed. Unless you plan to travel to the rural areas.

    January/February weather are quite cold and chilly. So bring enough "thick" clothes. Avoid heat pad because you will feel very warm in the subway trains. All trains have thermal heating.

    Hope this helps a bit.
    Will be going to Japan in early April.

    2 young kids. Will be skipping Disney. I figured that we can always go to USA for those in the future.

    Will be driving because of the route that we are travelling. Will be spending some time near Mt Fuji as well.

    Is Asakusa Temple, Tokyo Bay nice to go?

    Osaka Aquarium near Universal Studio?

    Thanks,
    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Will be going to Japan in early April.

    2 young kids. Will be skipping Disney. I figured that we can always go to USA for those in the future.

    Will be driving because of the route that we are travelling. Will be spending some time near Mt Fuji as well.

    Is Asakusa Temple, Tokyo Bay nice to go?

    Osaka Aquarium near Universal Studio?

    Thanks,
    Han Solo
    1. One Japanese friend drove to the top of Mt Fuji. On the top, it is nothing special, just a small pavilion if I remember.
    2. Asakusa Temple - yes, you see a lot of small shops (something like the Japanese culture).
    3. Tokyo Bay buildings are the opposite. It is like the futuristic Japan. E.g. I remember Toyota exhibiting a future "wooden" car.
    4. Osaka Aquarium should be quite near to Universal Studios Osaka.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-14, 12:09 AM
  2. Which is the better Hana Kimi (Taiwan or Japan)?
    By anggemb in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-19-08, 05:04 AM
  3. X-Japan?
    By yearning in forum Music
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-18-08, 01:33 AM
  4. Japan
    By dth4jc in forum Travel and Food
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-09-08, 11:00 AM
  5. Ultraman the next [Japan]
    By yuenwooping in forum Movies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-05, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •