Thread: Su Xinghe's quote. making sense of it.

Default Su Xinghe's quote. making sense of it.

Alright, we had many discussions on why WYZ said XZ cant beat DCQ even with his newfound internal or why even giving Su Xinghe the internal would not enable him to beat DCQ.

Then I found this quote in 1st ed:

苏星河说:“丁春秋不杀我是有原因的。那时我跟他说:‘丁春秋,你此刻的武功虽然胜过了师父和师兄,但逍遥派最深奥的功夫,你却摸不到一个边儿。《逍遥御风》这部书,你要不要看?”

Not sure if that meant 'Crippled WYZ' or was JY's original intention to make DCQ that strong but along the way he bent things to fit his plot and never fixed the internal wuxia math even by 3rd edition.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

It's not that complicated, CC. When Mo Ngai Tze said that to Hui Juk, HJ really couldn't fight half a damn. Sure, he had hellacious inner power, but without fighting skills, it wouldn't get him very far against a seasoned and dirty fighter like Ding Chun Chou. Now AFTER Hui Juk also took the inner power of Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui and learned some fighting skills, it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's not that complicated, CC. When Mo Ngai Tze said that to Hui Juk, HJ really couldn't fight half a damn. Sure, he had hellacious inner power, but without fighting skills, it wouldn't get him very far against a seasoned and dirty fighter like Ding Chun Chou. Now AFTER Hui Juk also took the inner power of Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui and learned some fighting skills, it's a different story.
    That's not what the quote was about. The quote was specifically Su admitting to DCQ that DCQ had surpassed WYZ.

a plot hole that later been revised by jin yong?

but without legs, dont know how strong is wuyazi, he is not Duan Yanqing after all , maybe can only doing LDA until depleted

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    a plot hole that later been revised by jin yong?

but without legs, dont know how strong is wuyazi, he is not Duan Yanqing after all , maybe can only doing LDA until depleted
    I believe he removed it but he didn't quite fill the gap in the plot totally because the question of why WYZ did not just pass his energy to Su to kill DCQ was not satisfactorily answered. Or even to teach BMSG to Su or plan for Su to teach his new disciple or leave manuals for his disciple as part of the grand plan.... I mean, depending on his disciple being able to find LQS was a risk extension, he had to find her, hope she was still alive, and still be willing to teach him.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I believe he removed it but he didn't quite fill the gap in the plot totally because the question of why WYZ did not just pass his energy to Su to kill DCQ was not satisfactorily answered. Or even to teach BMSG to Su or plan for Su to teach his new disciple or leave manuals for his disciple as part of the grand plan.... I mean, depending on his disciple being able to find LQS was a risk extension, he had to find her, hope she was still alive, and still be willing to teach him.
    that request to find LQS is actually awkward too, i mean LQS + DCQ combine force to sneak attack WYZ and make him fallen down from cliff and , why you want your precious successor to find someone who handicapped you?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    that request to find LQS is actually awkward too, i mean LQS + DCQ combine force to sneak attack WYZ and make him fallen down from cliff and , why you want your precious successor to find someone who handicapped you?
    Yes, many parts of the whole subplot makes no sense.

I suspect JY originally planned for DCQ to be superstrong, maybe really needing XZ to inherit true TSTL's skills to beat him but along the way, that interfered with his plot so he just ran with the half-baked rationales.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Yes, many parts of the whole subplot makes no sense.

I suspect JY originally planned for DCQ to be superstrong, maybe really needing XZ to inherit true TSTL's skills to beat him but along the way, that interfered with his plot so he just ran with the half-baked rationales.
    Ding Chun Chou's bark did seem worse than his bite. He did seem to have an aura of invincibility early on, but his reputation never recovered from getting entrapped by that huge snake and getting thrashed by Kiu Fung at Shaolin.