Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWX vs XX

Default RWX vs XX

both men came from so-called "devil cult" or "evil cult" (Ming Sect, Sun moon Sect); held high positions (one of the great protection lords, leader); able to project their Qi in the form of roars or shouts (if u will); were one of the best fighters in their respective stories; became imprisoned/ exiled (fire and ice island, under a lake? (if i remember correctly); came back and kick as$$s...

so many similarities between both men... so in a fight, who would win?

Assuming XX had no Dragon Slaying Sabre and before he was blind...

Could we try not to let this thread degrade into a "DFBB is way below the Greats level" ;"YG would have Kicked LCH as$$$s with his heavy iron sword" or "Dugu 9 swords is a level above the Heavy Iron Sword" ?

Xie Xun was good, but he was never described as an awe-inspiring genius and prodigy of martial arts like RWX was.

Plus, if nothing else, XXDF FTW.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

XX was a genius. ZCS and his wife were suprised someone so talented went crazy, even ZSF showd some admiration for him.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Nah. Xie Xun was talented and cultured in all the arts, but not a genius on the calibre of RWX.

Then again, I admit to possible bias, but I don't think it's that big :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Nah. Xie Xun was talented and cultured in all the arts, but not a genius on the calibre of RWX.

Then again, I admit to possible bias, but I don't think it's that big :P
    very bias lol

Seriously, though.

Xie Xun was way below even Kong Jian, whereas RWX was on the same level as the YJJ-practicing Fang Zhen in XAJH.

DFBB = TSTL, LQS, WYZ level
    Ren WoXing = Great level
    Xie Xun = Great's apprentice level

Kong Jian was the best monk (apart from the reclusive Du monks), arguably the 'equivalent' to Fang zhang.

But yeah I dont see XX being close to RWX in many facets, although they both resemble each other in the context of their respective novels.

In terms of comparing XX and RWX in martial arts, level wise. Its difficult and subjective - comes down to RWX vs greats - something Druid do not want to see.

were one of the best fighters in their respective stories
    Some time ago, I posted a theory that there are at least 20 martial artists in HSDS that are better or equal to Xie Xun. This novel has incredibly diverse profound fighter base, and I am not sure if Xie Xun can be considered one of the best in HSDS.

It has been postulated that Sun Moon sect may be a spin off of Ming sect, based on the Chinese writing of Sun + Moon = Ming. With that being a possibility, perhaps Ren Woxing can be better compared to former Ming Sect leader Yang Dingtian.

Also, where did Ren Woxing learn XXDF?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Some time ago, I posted a theory that there are at least 20 martial artists in HSDS that are better or equal to Xie Xun. This novel has incredibly diverse profound fighter base, and I am not sure if Xie Xun can be considered one of the best in HSDS.

It has been postulated that Sun Moon sect may be a spin off of Ming sect, based on the Chinese writing of Sun + Moon = Ming. With that being a possibility, perhaps Ren Woxing can be better compared to former Ming Sect leader Yang Dingtian.

Just intrigued. >20 fighters: is that based on XX just before he was blinded, being compared to fighters ZWJ met 20+ years later, i.e. the likes of Wudang 5 xia, white brows being higher ranked that XX?

Originally Posted by PJ

more than 20? i find that very hard to believe...

In HSDS, the only people that i see that are surely better than XX would be the following (IMO):
    1)ZWJ
    2)ZSF
    3)the three "Du" monks (group wise)
    4)Lady Yang
    5)Kong Jian

And the following that MIGHT be on par, equal to are (IMO):
    1)The monk using the Dragon Claws (sorry forgot his name)
    2)Mie Jue SHi Tai
    3)Yang Xiao
    4)Xuan Ming elders (indiviual)
    5)Ah da, Ah er, Ah san (indiviual)
    6)Whit brow eagle king

your second theory is very interesting.. highly possible

If we are talking a straight up contest in martial arts RWX would definitely win, his martial art level is at least as good as XXs if not just plain better, and RWXs internal strength should be higher as well...

However, there are possible scenarios where XX could beat RWX, after all what is usually forgotten when people talk about RWX is that his best skill XXDF was also his greatest weakness.
    At the end of SPW RWX died on his own because his XXDF was not perfect and he couldn't fully combine the different energy streams in his body, and when he was fighting Zuo Lengchan he would have died after trying to absorb Zuo Lengchans icy palm skill if it wasn't for his daughter and LHC helping him with their internal energy... it's simply unknown whether RWXs XXDF could handle the seven different forces of XXs seven damages fist, after all combining different kinds of energys was the greatest problem with XXDF, and if XX did the same thing as Zuo Lengchan, deliberately pumping RWX full with the energy of his seven damages fist there's a real chance that RWX, in trying to absorb the attack would end up getting severe internal injuries or possibly even dying when he cannot handle absorbing seven different types of energy at once...

Concerning XXs level of talent, I always thought that he was more talented than most people as good as him, he simply had bad luck with his skills and injuries, his top skill ended up injuring him quite badly internal, and he was blind, yet at the end of HSDS he managed to beat Cheng Kun who had access to Shaolin's 9yang divine skill as well as several other top skills and as XXs master had yet another obvious advantage over him... if XX had not had so much bad luck throughout his life, injuring himself with the Seven Damages fist and becoming blind he may have become as good as the old Ming sect leader or Shaolins Kong Jian eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Just intrigued. >20 fighters: is that based on XX just before he was blinded, being compared to fighters ZWJ met 20+ years later, i.e. the likes of Wudang 5 xia, white brows being higher ranked that XX?
    This is assuming Xie Xun is around the same level as the other Ming cult guardians.

The 20 people that I have in mind for >= Xie Xun are:

1. Zhang Wuji
    2. Zhang Sanfeng
    3. Yang Dingtian
    4. Lady Yang
    5. Xuanming Elder Lu Zhangke
    6. Xuanming elder He Biweng
    7. Du Wei
    8. Du Nan
    9. Du Jie
    10. Kongjian
    11. Cheng Kun
    12. Hao Mi
    13. Bu Tai
    14. Kongwen
    15. Kongzhi
    16. Kongxing
    17. He Zhudao
    18. Eight Armed Swordsman Fang Dongbai
    19. Ah Er
    20. Ah San

And if we are to continue the list, we can include Yang Xiao, Fan Yao, some of the 7 Heroes of Wudang, Zhuang Zheng, Miejue, and the other 3 Guardians.

So actually, I think there are about 30 people in HSDS that better than or equal to Xie Xun.

Last edited by PJ; 11-23-05 at 04:09 AM.

Agreed, but can you remind me who Hao mi and Bu tai are?

However I dont think He Zu Dao should be included as they were not alive at the same time.

Would blind XX with dragon slayer be better than XX before he was blinded?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Agreed, but can you remind me who Hao mi and Bu tai are?
    According to Athena:

Two extra characters who play really a minor role in HSDS are often forgotten. But their martial arts are very high, perhaps even better than Yang Xiao and Fan Yao. At least the two of them should be equal to them. These two mysterious experts are Po Tai and Hao Mi, also known as The Two Demons of Hejian Prefecture. Both were elderly men with long black beards. One uses a acu-sealing rod and the other uses a pair of judge's brushes, they attacked the three Shaolin elders when Zhang Wuji had just explained Cheng Kun's intentions.
    The Two Demons and five other experts attacked, because the three old monks were distracted by Zhang Wuji their formation could not be used to stop these eight experts.
    So, three attacked Duwei, another three attacked Dunan and Hao Mi, Po Tai attacked Dujie. They were even gaining the upper hand. Note Dujie was the second martial arts brother of the three Dus. Dunan was the third brother, Yin Tianzheng and Yang Xiao were only able to roughly tie with Dunan. While these two were able to gain the upper hand. I think that is most impressive.

However I dont think He Zu Dao should be included as they were not alive at the same time.
    But, He Zudao is in the novel, so I think it's not inappropriate to rate him. Wang Chongyang isn't alive in LOCH either, but many people compare him to the Greats nontheless

What about the Persian fighters, aren't they better than Xie Xun too ?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    This is assuming Xie Xun is around the same level as the other Ming cult guardians.

The 20 people that I have in mind for >= Xie Xun are:

1. Zhang Wuji
    2. Zhang Sanfeng
    3. Yang Dingtian
    4. Lady Yang
    5. Xuanming Elder Lu Zhangke
    6. Xuanming elder He Biweng
    7. Du Wei
    8. Du Nan
    9. Du Jie
    10. Kongjian
    11. Cheng Kun
    12. Hao Mi
    13. Bu Tai
    14. Kongwen
    15. Kongzhi
    16. Kongxing
    17. He Zhudao
    18. Eight Armed Swordsman Fang Dongbai
    19. Ah Er
    20. Ah San

And if we are to continue the list, we can include Yang Xiao, Fan Yao, some of the 7 Heroes of Wudang, Zhuang Zheng, Miejue, and the other 3 Guardians.

So actually, I think there are about 30 people in HSDS that better than or equal to Xie Xun.

Yeah, for me, it would actually be in the 20s. The majority of the Wudang heros can't handle XX.

Depends. Its hard to know if XX improved and how much others improved.

White brows was around XX level before ice/fire incident.

Several years later, Wudang 5xia roughly = White brows (only the first two, in my opinion).

Assume White brows improved more than blind XX, so Wudang can be regarded as better.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I think Yang Xiao and Fan Yao are definitely above XX. I don't think Miejue is above XX, especially if she doesnt have Heaven Sword. I believe the Wudang heroes are no match for XX as well, even the eldest. As for the other 3 Guardians, I doubt they can match XX. Wei Yixiao and Dai Qi Si are definitely no match for XX. YTZ is probably very close but will still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I think Yang Xiao and Fan Yao are definitely above XX. I don't think Miejue is above XX, especially if she doesnt have Heaven Sword. I believe the Wudang heroes are no match for XX as well, even the eldest. As for the other 3 Guardians, I doubt they can match XX. Wei Yixiao and Dai Qi Si are definitely no match for XX. YTZ is probably very close but will still lose.
    Well Wuji once said that YTZ and XX was "equal" so they can't beat each other..