Thread: Other Than WuXia

Default Other Than WuXia

How come Wu-Xia is known as Wu-Xia?

While I was talking with a friend, my friend said that in some other languages, it's rather being called Jian-Xia as in Sword heroes rather than Wu-Xia which is Martial Artist Heroes?

Hi Wkej, I saw your post about Wei Xiaobao level in the page that you showed me about the level of characters in these novels. My friend has not returned from the Festival travel yet so I still have not discussed it with my friend yet.....

However in the page that you showed me.....
    Below the list of character level, the person wrote that what is being discussed in the topic is only for the first version of the novels.....

Perhaps what my friend told me about Wei Xiaobao being very strong at the end of the story is from a different version of the novel that you have not read yet?

The topic of Wu-Xia has been discussed in this forum before.
    Briefly, Wu = martial arts; Xia = Hero. We want heroes who are good in martial arts.
    Jian -Xia, though a big part of Wuxia, refers to the use of sword weapons. Not all heroes use swords, e.g. Zhang San Fang, Xiao Feng.

The Wei Xiaobao should be the same. No one has mentioned the change in Wei Xiaobao's martial arts skills.

Isnt Jianxia just a subset of wuxia? Where the focus is on fighters using swords.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!