Thread: Deun Yu must have had some conventional martial arts training before the end of DGSD.

Default Deun Yu must have had some conventional martial arts training before the end of DGSD.

It's come to my attention that during the final major battle (against the Liao army) of DGSD, Deun Yu was seen unleashing a series of flying kicks against a host of Liao soldiers, and even intercepting Siu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms not with 6 Mak Divine Swords, but with a palm of this own.

This implies that some time between his most recent appearance before the final battle and the battle itself, Deun Yu *must* have received some training in conventional martial arts techniques...his attainment likely accelerated due to his superior Bak Ming Sun Gung inner power. How else could we possibly explain the sudden emergence of such abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's come to my attention that during the final major battle (against the Liao army) of DGSD, Deun Yu was seen as unleashing a series of flying kicks against a host of Liao soldiers, and even intercepting Siu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms not with 6 Mak Divine Swords, but with a palm of this own.

This implies that some time between his most recent appearance before the final battle and the battle itself, Deun Yu *must* have received some training in conventional martial arts techniques...his attainment likely accelerated due to his superior Bak Ming Sun Gung inner power. How else could we possibly explain the sudden emergence of such abilities?
    You must seen some old posts of mine! I kept harping on that some years ago.\

Me thinks it was another JY brain fart go with the plot thingy. It doesn't make sense that he learns fist/palm/leg kung fu.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    You must seen some old posts of mine! I kept harping on that some years ago.\

Me thinks it was another JY brain fart go with the plot thingy. It doesn't make sense that he learns fist/palm/leg kung fu.
    It's not so far-fetched, really. What Deun Yu did doesn't strike me as being particularly complex or sophisticated, just that its effectiveness is greatly enhanced by his Ling Bor Mei Bo skills and his Bak Ming Sun Gung inner power. A chain of flying kicks sounds like Ling Bor Mei Bo with a jump, something that Deun Yu should be able accomplish with his deep inner power. Similarly, while there is nothing particularly sophisticated about his palm technique, it carries perhaps twice the power of Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms.

Moreover, by the end of DGSD, Deun Yu is legit the sovereign of Dali Kingdom. As such, he is obliged by family tradition to learn martial arts (properly). I think towards the end of the story, he had likely gotten some basic training, which enhanced by his special abilities, became surprisingly effective.

Yeeep perhaps he learn some of "basic" Royal Duan martial art since in L/ROCH YD though famous with his YYZ but he also mastered other skill which he teach these skill to his 4 disciples along with YYZ..
    I mean Royal Duan Family not "limited" with YYZ/6MSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's not so far-fetched, really. What Deun Yu did doesn't strike me as being particularly complex or sophisticated, just that its effectiveness is greatly enhanced by his Ling Bor Mei Bo skills and his Bak Ming Sun Gung inner power. A chain of flying kicks sounds like Ling Bor Mei Bo with a jump, something that Deun Yu should be able accomplish with his deep inner power. Similarly, while there is nothing particularly sophisticated about his palm technique, it carries perhaps twice the power of Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms.

Moreover, by the end of DGSD, Deun Yu is legit the sovereign of Dali Kingdom. As such, he is obliged by family tradition to learn martial arts (properly). I think towards the end of the story, he had likely gotten some basic training, which enhanced by his special abilities, became surprisingly effective.
    Ultimate in endurance fighting: Lingbo weibu plus Beiming shengong plus Liumai shenjian plus Yiyang zhi plus Vacant fists plus Qiankun danuoyi. Lingbo weibu is extreme close in qinggong that increases internal as you use it. Beiming shengong sucks energy and turns it into Beiming zhenqi. Qiankun danuoyi enables ultra-efficient use of that energy. Liumai shenjian allows use of qi swords at a distance, but Vacant fists allows the qi use to be just enough for minimal triggering of Yiyang zhi's acupoint-sealing. Nothing like smoke coming out of Yideng's head during the fight with JLGS; the effort involved would be scarcely greater than a gentle walk.