Thread: Did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui always hate each other?

Default Did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui always hate each other?

Did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui always hate each other, even when they were children, or did their rivalry/animosity only begin after Mo Ngai Tze came into the picture? Lee Chou Sui said she had hated Teen San Tung Lo since Tung Lo scarred her face, and Tung Log said she hated Lee Chou Sui for causing her to fire deviate back when Tung Lo was 26 years old...but did they have any animosity before those two incidents? Did they *ever* get along with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui always hate each other, even when they were children, or did their rivalry/animosity only begin after Mo Ngai Tze came into the picture? Lee Chou Sui said she had hated Teen San Tung Lo since Tung Log scarred her face, and Tung Log said she hated Lee Chou Sui for causing her to fire deviate back when Tung Lo was 26 years old...but did they have any animosity before those two incidents? Did they *ever* get along with each other?
    I think given how easily they reconciled once they realised that Wu Yazi only loved Li Qiushuang, and that they had fought for nothing, suggests that the source of their hatred for each other came entirely due to Wu Yazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I think given how easily they reconciled once they realised that Wu Yazi only loved Li Qiushuang, and that they had fought for nothing, suggests that the source of their hatred for each other came entirely due to Wu Yazi.
    I'm guessing the face-scarring and fire-deviation-causing was all done years after the dispute over Mo Ngai Tze had already begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm guessing the face-scarring and fire-deviation-causing was all done years after the dispute over Mo Ngai Tze had already begun.
    The face-scarring for sure. If I remember correctly it was after Wu Yazi left Li Qiushui, she wandered to Xixia where she married the king, and while she was sleeping in the palace once night, when Mrs Wang was still a baby, Tonglao attacked her. I can't remember what triggered the fire deviation incident, though.

The face-scarring for sure. If I remember correctly it was after Wu Yazi left Li Qiushui, she wandered to Xixia where she married the king, and while she was sleeping in the palace once night, when Mrs Wang was still a baby, Tonglao attacked her. I can't remember what triggered the fire deviation incident, though.
    Fire deviation incident (was before LQS married into xixia) happened when she was in her twenties (26 iirc) and Li Qishui disrupted her training with a shout at a crucial point. She started her training at 6* and was stuck as a midget but at 26, she reached the point in her skills where she could reset her normal growth, but that got punked by LQS. Causing her that 30 year regression plot line. So you could say LQS started the feud escalation.

I think this skill was unique in that in all 3 editions, it got different names.

天上地下唯我独尊功 - original
    八荒六合唯我独尊功 - 2nd ed, and my favourite
    天长地久不老长春功 - 3rd final and most sucky name IMHO
    Last edited by CC; 02-25-20 at 12:01 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Fire deviation incident (was before LQS married into xixia) happened when she was in her twenties (26 iirc) and Li Qishui disrupted her training with a shout at a crucial point. She started her training at 6* and was stuck as a midget but at 26, she reached the point in her skills where she could reset her normal growth, but that got punked by LQS. Causing her that 30 year regression plot line. So you could say LQS started the feud escalation.

I think this skill was unique in that in all 3 editions, it got different names.

天上地下唯我独尊功 - original
    八荒六合唯我独尊功 - 2nd ed, and my favourite
    天长地久不老长春功 - 3rd final and most sucky name IMHO
    Ya, but I couldn't remember why LQS did it. Did she naturally hate TSTL, or was TSTL competing with her for WYZ's affections then?

Ya, but I couldn't remember why LQS did it. Did she naturally hate TSTL, or was TSTL competing with her for WYZ's affections then?
    I always thought it is the other way round - TSTL hating LQS first. Afterall, the former may have seen the two together intimately (proof: Mrs Wang)

I cant remember if this was in the books but from multiple series (you know how you watch multiple movies and series and read the books and internet articles, the facts get ALL fuzzy?) they were competing for WYZ's affections and LQS did it to ensure TSTL stayed a midget so that WYZ wouldn't choose TSTL.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I always thought it is the other way round - TSTL hating LQS first. Afterall, the former may have seen the two together intimately (proof: Mrs Wang)
    Mrs Wang was conceived after they had already retreated to Wuliang Cave. So that had to be after TSTL already left.