Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Jin Yong heroes do you think could master Lee Chum Foon's flying dagger?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Well, that depends on how we argue the technicality. SGJH theoretically beat him but did not in actuality.
    Although Shangguan did die, he would have won easily if he hadn't given in to his overconfidence and challenged Li Xunhuan to throw. I don't recall the exact words, but I believe that Li Xunhuan actually conceded the fight once he realised he would never be able to throw the dagger, meaning that Shangguan Jinhong technically already won the duel. What happened next, whether Shangguan Jinhong kills Li Xunhuan or vice versa, would just be an afternote.

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    What happen with the fight? I only saw the china series? and SGJH lost lol
    SGJH kept attacking LXH so relentlessly that LXH didn't have the space nor time to set up a throw, and after several rounds LXH gave up (I can't remember if he formally conceded). SGJH, having proven his point, then challenged LXH to throw, saying that he didn't believe that "Little Lee's Flying Dagger, Never released in vain" would apply to him, and he would be able to win easily even if LXN could throw. LXH warned him that he would die, but SGJH insisted. LXH threw, and Shangguan died.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Although Shangguan did die, he would have won easily if he hadn't given in to his overconfidence and challenged Li Xunhuan to throw. I don't recall the exact words, but I believe that Li Xunhuan actually conceded the fight once he realised he would never be able to throw the dagger, meaning that Shangguan Jinhong technically already won the duel. What happened next, whether Shangguan Jinhong kills Li Xunhuan or vice versa, would just be an afternote.
    OT: I am trying to recollect the tvb series i watched long ago. Based on this series, they are in a well. Xiao li's opponent (can't remember the name) somewhat noted that the dagger cannot be thrown due to congestion? Xiao li threw and the dagger bounced off a few times from the wall of the well and the opponent is hit. Is this similar similar to the china series?

SGJH kept attacking LXH so relentlessly that LXH didn't have the space nor time to set up a throw, and after several rounds LXH gave up (I can't remember if he formally conceded). SGJH, having proven his point, then challenged LXH to throw, saying that he didn't believe that "Little Lee's Flying Dagger, Never released in vain" would apply to him, and he would be able to win easily even if LXN could throw. LXH warned him that he would die, but SGJH insisted. LXH threw, and Shangguan died.
    Wait, they didn't even come to blows yet. I read LXH's recounting of the incident post-fight to mean they had the usual GL stare down and pre-positioning and LXH conceded he couldn't win and therefore lay on the ground.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: I am trying to recollect the tvb series i watched long ago. Based on this series, they are in a well. Xiao li's opponent (can't remember the name) somewhat noted that the dagger cannot be thrown due to congestion? Xiao li threw and the dagger bounced off a few times from the wall of the well and the opponent is hit. Is this similar similar to the china series?
    It wasn't a well. It was a stone chamber in Seung Gwoon Gum Hung's lair...possibly a dungeon or torture chamber (it did have that kind of look to it). Lee Chum Foon insisted before the duel that he wanted to die somewhere quiet, clean, and private, and Seung Gwoon Gum Hung agreed to Lee's request by having them duel in that chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It wasn't a well. It was a stone chamber in Seung Gwoon Gum Hung's lair...possibly a dungeon or torture chamber (it did have that kind of look to it). Lee Chum Foon insisted before the duel that he wanted to die somewhere quiet, clean, and private, and Seung Gwoon Gum Hung agreed to Lee's request by having them duel in that chamber.
    Thanks, Ken. Why did Xiao Li's opponent said that the dagger cannot be thrown or something like that?

Thanks, Ken. Why did Xiao Li's opponent said that the dagger cannot be thrown or something like that?
    Every time Lee Chum Foon tried to throw the dagger and strike, Seung Gwoon Gum Hung prevented him from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Wait, they didn't even come to blows yet. I read LXH's recounting of the incident post-fight to mean they had the usual GL stare down and pre-positioning and LXH conceded he couldn't win and therefore lay on the ground.
    Probably due to close quarters and there was no way he could get into a throwing position without opening himself to a killing blow or something. In the Paul Chu TVB adaptation, he tried to throw, but every time he lifted his hand to throw SGJH would leap and strike his dagger, preventing him from even aiming.

Probably due to close quarters and there was no way he could get into a throwing position without opening himself to a killing blow or something. In the Paul Chu TVB adaptation, he tried to throw, but every time he lifted his hand to throw SGJH would leap and strike his dagger, preventing him from even aiming.
    I was sticking to the book only for this discussion.

But as far as adaptations go, I think NONE of them did justice to the unique feature of nobody ever being able to notice how and when LXH releases his dagger. The worst are the ones where he brings his dagger out and twirls them around while the opponent watches.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I watched this version and he threw 2 daggers in sequence. SGJH caught the first and the 2nd got him.

https://mydramalist.com/6843-legend-of-dagger-lee

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Among the Jin Yong heroes, whom do you think has the combination of talent and character necessary to master Lee Chum Foon's famous flying dagger technique?
    Tuk Ko Hong would be the one. He is extremely talented in martial art with a righteous heart. However, there is no need for him to learn as his Tuk Ko 9 Kim is way more superior than Lee Chum Foon´s famous flying dagger.