Thread: What are your thoughts on stockpiling supplies?

Default What are your thoughts on stockpiling supplies?

In recent weeks, shops have been cleared of medical and household supplies as well as food as people panick due to coronavirus. Do you think it is OK because of fear? What do you think some companies are taking advantage of the crisis and rasing prices to raise a profit? Is it right to be a free market or should supplies be distrubuted according to need?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Few = 5 or less.

It is ok to stockp supplies but not overstock them. For Asians, it is good to stock a few bags of rice, few bottles of cooking oil, few packages of toilet paper, few packages of paper towel, etc. It is good to stock up supplies that can last a few months. However, do not overstock.

I'm glad the stores are now placing limits on high demand supplies. Also glad that some stores change their return policy to not refund those high demand items. Under normal circumstances I'm fine with a free market but when something like happens, it's good to ration supplies so that no one lacks essential supplies. Generally, I like to have two of everything. A positive outcome of this pandemic is, fewer cars on the road. Which means, getting home from work in less time.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I'm glad the stores are now placing limits on high demand supplies. Also glad that some stores change their return policy to not refund those high demand items. Under normal circumstances I'm fine with a free market but when something like happens, it's good to ration supplies so that no one lacks essential supplies. Generally, I like to have two of everything. A positive outcome of this pandemic is, fewer cars on the road. Which means, getting home from work in less time.
    I am too pleased that the stores have placed limits on the number of times and it has become a lot safer.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I remember hoarding tissues and bath soap when lockdown was first announced and within a month, a shortage of supplies occurred. Luckily after a month, they made all necessities put in small bottles or packs and limit the number of items you can purchase at a time.