Thread: Did Deun Yu do better by his women than his "dad" Deun Jing Tsun did?

Default Did Deun Yu do better by his women than his "dad" Deun Jing Tsun did?

In a stroke of irony, Deun Yu ended up marrying most of the daughters of his adopted "father," Prince Deun Jing Tsun, one of the worst philanderers in not only wuxia, but perhaps all of fiction. In your opinion, did Deun Yu do better in treating his women compared to Deun Jing Tsun? The fact that Deun Yu actually married them is definitely a huge point in his favor.

In my opinion, i don't think the bunch of girls he married would feel any better. They now shared a piece of the husband and can never say his 100% theirs.

Better to marry just one, then at least 1 is happy, giving her the feeling that his 100% theirs, even though behind the scene he may have afew on the side, but at least she can officially say his mine.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

He was luckier in that his head wife did not insist on monogamy.

At least he married all who loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In a stroke of irony, Deun Yu ended up marrying most of the daughters of his adopted "father," Prince Deun Jing Tsun, one of the worst philanderers in not only wuxia, but perhaps all of fiction. In your opinion, did Deun Yu do better in treating his women compared to Deun Jing Tsun? The fact that Deun Yu actually married them is definitely a huge point in his favor.
    Big difference. He didn't promise them love, bang em up and disappear. Unlike his dad, DY never slept with any of the girls before he married them.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Big difference. He didn't promise them love, bang em up and disappear. Unlike his dad, DY never slept with any of the girls before he married them.
    Well with exception of WYY, he thought the rest were his sisters. I don't think he was into incest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    He was luckier in that his head wife did not insist on monogamy.
    I presume the head wife is MWQ. She is quite close to HL. So I think she does not mind DY taking HL as one of the wives.
    As for Xixia Princess's maid, MWQ at that time thought that she is DY's half-sister. And she possibly can't intervene as DY has agreed to take the maid as one of his wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Well with exception of WYY, he thought the rest were his sisters. I don't think he was into incest.
    If it was DZC, Zhongling and Wanqing would have been de-flowered before XF appeared in the story.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    If it was DZC, Zhongling and Wanqing would have been de-flowered before XF appeared in the story.
    In contrast, Deun Yu was able to resist Muk Yeun Ching even while under the influence of Deun Yin Hing's aphrodisiac, against which even Deun Yu's poison immunity was no defense. Perhaps we underestimate Deun Yu's strong sense of decency and willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In contrast, Deun Yu was able to resist Muk Yeun Ching even while under the influence of Deun Yin Hing's aphrodisiac, against which even Deun Yu's poison immunity was no defense. Perhaps we underestimate Deun Yu's strong sense of decency and willpower.
    Should be HL?

To think about it, DCY has one wife and 4 mistresses = 5 lovers on paper.
    It will be interesting if DY married all the 5 cousins.