Thread: The Gong Nam 7 Freaks and Mui Chiu Fung fought only...once?

Default The Gong Nam 7 Freaks and Mui Chiu Fung fought only...once?

The LOCH '82 TVB adaptation made the Gong Nam 7 Freaks and Mui Chiu Fung out to be mortal enemies, and the two sides skirmished at least a half dozen times during the series. If I understand correctly, however, in the novel, they fought only...once? That first (and only) fight that resulted in the deaths of Chan Yeun Fung and Cheung Ah Sang (Freak # 5), and the two sides never met/fought again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The LOCH '82 TVB adaptation made the Gong Nam 7 Freaks and Mui Chiu Fung out to be mortal enemies, and the two sides skirmished at least a half dozen times during the series. If I understand correctly, however, in the novel, they fought only...once? That first (and only) fight that resulted in the deaths of Chan Yeun Fung and Cheung Ah Sang (Freak # 5), and the two sides never met/fought again?
    They met again with Ma Yu in Mongolia but there wasn't a fight as Mei Chaofeng was fooled into thinking that the seven were the Quanzhen Seven. They met again in the Jin palace when Guo Jing was carrying her around in the fight against the Jin flunkies. Again, they weren't fighting against each other as they had a common enemy.

There was also one more encounter at the Luk Family's Returning Clouds Manor at Lake Tai, wasn't there? I don't think that one resulted in an actual direct fight between Mui Chiu Fung and the Freaks either. They were itching to, but for one reason or another, it ended up not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There was also one more encounter at the Luk Family's Returning Clouds Manor at Lake Tai, wasn't there? I don't think that one resulted in an actual direct fight between Mui Chiu Fung and the Freaks either. They were itching too, but for one reason or another, it ended up not happening.
    Good point. There was supposed to be a fight, but Guo Jing fought on his shifus' behalf, needling her by saying that he was the one who killed Chen Xuanfeng. The reason being, of course, because he knew Dragon Palms and his shifus didn't, and Hong Qigong was earlier dismissive of 9 yin claws against Dragon Palms.