Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Yeung Gor and other heroes

Default About Yeung Gor and other heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    now i know why i never liked HSDS. i cant stand ZWJ, sigh. Hate him more than Duan Yu.
    YG is first for me. Then zwj = why can't he has a final fight to save xz. (yes, i know. it is not his fault. it's the writer).

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    YG is first for me. Then zwj = why can't he has a final fight to save xz. (yes, i know. it is not his fault. it's the writer).
    lol why u hate YG
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

lol why u hate YG
    OT: stay back in XY to assist GJ and Song dynasty; marry GF/GX to end the Guo/Yang legacy nicely - their grand-parents were great friends. Since their fathers cannot be together, why not let the third generation to be together?

I think you ever mention HSDS is a "depressing" story. Am I right? Why do you hate zwj?

OT: stay back in XY to assist GJ and Song dynasty; marry GF/GX to end the Guo/Yang legacy nicely - their grand-parents were great friends. Since their fathers cannot be together, why not let the third generation to be together?

I think you ever mention HSDS is a "depressing" story. Am I right? Why do you hate zwj?
    havent finish the series yet, ive forgotten the plot but now its coming vack. ZWJ is just too nice and gullible to women, cant stand it. He also doesnt know what he wants which is pissing me off when hes like the luckiest guy ever. He comes across all these random events that give him the 9yang and the QKDLY, but his indecision and just gullible nature sigh, waste of talent.

havent finish the series yet, ive forgotten the plot but now its coming vack. ZWJ is just too nice and gullible to women, cant stand it. He also doesnt know what he wants which is pissing me off when hes like the luckiest guy ever. He comes across all these random events that give him the 9yang and the QKDLY, but his indecision and just gullible nature sigh, waste of talent.
    Actually, it is a nicer plot:
    1. they did attempt to make zwj stronger
    2. make zzr less evil.
    3. make xz to be less lovey-lovey to zwj

My only grip is that they make zm cry so much. And she does not look good in male outfit.
    On the other hand, I think you will like the smile (walking with zwj under moon-light) and jealousy (giving xz a look and making the latter to look away) of zm.

(Sorry for the spoilers).

Actually, it is a nicer plot:
    1. they did attempt to make zwj stronger
    2. make zzr less evil.
    3. make xz to be less lovey-lovey to zwj

My only grip is that they make zm cry so much. And she does not look good in male outfit.
    On the other hand, I think you will like the smile (walking with zwj under moon-light) and jealousy (giving xz a look and making the latter to look away) of zm.

(Sorry for the spoilers).
    lol nice. i wonder if ZZR will do things differently if miejue didnt make her swear to kill ZWJ

lol nice. i wonder if ZZR will do things differently if miejue didnt make her swear to kill ZWJ
    Actually, ok here's another spoiler. In this series, I think ZZR's initial plan was to ask zwj to help in obtaining the two weapons peacefully. The former however can't find him. The rest is the same.

To think about it, I wonder what ZZR intend to do if Yin-li did not wake up. I think she does not have a plan B. Her plan is basically to kill all of them.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

But GF was a brat and someone like YG could never love that kind of person.
    YG admired GJ but the fate of the Song was really not his problem. None of the other Greats ever stayed to help.
    To bring the two families together you would have to make YG abandon XLN, a bit heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    But GF was a brat and someone like YG could never love that kind of person.
    YG admired GJ but the fate of the Song was really not his problem. None of the other Greats ever stayed to help.
    To bring the two families together you would have to make YG abandon XLN, a bit heartless.
    OT:
    1. Isn't ZM/MWQ/HR some sort of "brat" too?
    2. Isn't YG is a descendant of Yang General family who defended early Song?
    3. ok.

OT:
    1. Isn't ZM/MWQ/HR some sort of "brat" too?
    2. Isn't YG is a descendant of Yang General family who defended early Song?
    3. ok.
    1. And do you see YG falling in love with any of them? Besides as "bratty" as they could be none of them hacked off the arm of the person they were crushing on.
    2. Yet YG was treated very badly by the Song society and unlike GJ he never really had people constantly reinforcing the virtue of patriotism. So it is not surprising that he did not have the same sense of national duty that GJ had.
    3. Glad we are in agreement.

1. And do you see YG falling in love with any of them? Besides as "bratty" as they could be none of them hacked off the arm of the person they were crushing on.
    2. Yet YG was treated very badly by the Song society and unlike GJ he never really had people constantly reinforcing the virtue of patriotism. So it is not surprising that he did not have the same sense of national duty that GJ had.
    3. Glad we are in agreement.
    After the killing of Mongke and the departure of the Mongol army, Yang Guo was as much of a national hero as anyone. Before that, he was a people's hero.

The nearest comparison in the period before Yang Guo would be Hong Qigong, except Yang Guo was a greater champion of the weak than even that legendary folk hero. Remember the wulin conference had the absent (and deceased) Hong Qigong unanimously elected to be wulin chairman. Even before Guo Xiang's birthday where Yang Guo did great deeds, Yang Guo was already a greater hero than Hong Qigong.

Yang Guo towers above every other hero in the Jinyong canon, with the exception of Guo Jing and Wei Xiaobao.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Yang Guo towers above every other hero in the Jinyong canon, with the exception of Guo Jing and Wei Xiaobao.
    Wai Siu Bo?

[QUOTE
    Yang Guo towers above every other hero in the Jinyong canon, with the exception of Guo Jing and Wei Xiaobao.[/QUOTE]

I think Qiao Feng may have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Wai Siu Bo?
    His subordinates ended a rebellion, partly because WXB's efforts greatly reduced the scope of the war. And he personally expanded China's internationally recognised borders, for the last time in centuries. For decades afterwards his efforts were recognised as the last time China stood proud.

I think Qiao Feng may have something to say about that.
    I haven't read DGSD in its entirely (I need to collate the translations), but did Qiao Feng have the reputation that the Eagle Hero had as a protector of the weak? I include the reputation of the hero in the magnitude of the heroism (after all, this was what Hong Qigong was elected leader on).

I haven't read DGSD in its entirely (I need to collate the translations), but did Qiao Feng have the reputation that the Eagle Hero had as a protector of the weak? I include the reputation of the hero in the magnitude of the heroism (after all, this was what Hong Qigong was elected leader on).
    QF was doing heroic deed at age 16. Remember the beggar guild's meeting where they were recounting all the tests and achievements he had to do before he could become the leader, and these were just he deeds done prior to taking leadership and were known to the guild.

He stopped war between Lao & Song, saving thousands possibly millions of people and historically saved the ancestor of the Jin, shaping the future of northern China.

QF was doing heroic deed at age 16. Remember the beggar guild's meeting where they were recounting all the tests and achievements he had to do before he could become the leader, and these were just he deeds done prior to taking leadership and were known to the guild.

He stopped war between Lao & Song, saving thousands possibly millions of people and historically saved the ancestor of the Jin, shaping the future of northern China.
    Was he recognised as a hero for doing the above though? That's what I mean by folk hero. The first paragraph was entirely to do with wulin, and would have escaped the notice of non-wulin people. Hong Qigong did a lot of good within wulin, but his reputation was still within wulin. Yang Guo's reputation went beyond wulin, with the Eagle Hero an icon among the weak who would not normally expect help from wulin people. And within wulin, his personal reputation was sufficient to muster an army of experts not seen outside Guo Jing's own unmatched circles.

OT: seems that the discussion has digressed.

Was he recognised as a hero for doing the above though? That's what I mean by folk hero. The first paragraph was entirely to do with wulin, and would have escaped the notice of non-wulin people. Hong Qigong did a lot of good within wulin, but his reputation was still within wulin. Yang Guo's reputation went beyond wulin, with the Eagle Hero an icon among the weak who would not normally expect help from wulin people. And within wulin, his personal reputation was sufficient to muster an army of experts not seen outside Guo Jing's own unmatched circles.
    You are making a lot of assumptions with very little evidence. Just because there aren't any scenes showing the average Joe discussing QF does not mean he was unknown to them. The beggars guild at this time were actively defending Song against foreign powers, often working closely with the military so the rank and file would have been very aware of them, thus making it likely that QF was quite well known among them as well.

QF's fame extended even into the Lao's, as his rescue of the Lao Emperor and later ascending to the rank of King would have been very well known throughout the army and the general populous.

Even HQG may have been more widely known than you assume, as his other nickname Divine Nine-finger beggar seems quite ingrained into the populous.

OT: seems that the discussion has digressed.
    That's half the fun