Thread: Wasn't it irresponsible for WY to lead AYF to Returning Clouds Manor?

Default Wasn't it irresponsible for WY to lead AYF to Returning Clouds Manor?

In a gambit to ditch West Poison Au Yeung Fung and escape captivity, Wong Yung led Au Yeung Fung to the Luk Family's Returning Clouds Manor at Lake Tai and got him trapped in the manor's Peach Blossom Formation. Her gambit succeeded, but the cost was that Au Yeung Fung burned down Returning Clouds Manor. Fortunately, the Luks were not home at the time and thus, escaped death, but if they had been present, Au Yeung Fung likely would have slaughtered them.

This seems highly irresponsible of Wong Yung. She implicated the Luks with her gambit, and it was just sheer luck that they survived by not being home at the time. Luk Sing Fung was her father's student and thus, Wong Yung's martial brother. The Luks had treated her and Gwok Jing with hospitality and friendship, and it just doesn't seem right for her to endanger them so recklessly.

Well TBH Lu Chengfeng not "weak" at all and with HR help they could give OYF some of "headache"..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well TBH Lu Chengfeng not "weak" at all and with HR help they could give OYF some of "headache"..
    Luk Sing Fung and his family were a force to reckon with, but even collectively, they would not be a match for Au Yeung Fung.

1. She probably didn't care all that much about them. Huang Rong learned about responsibility from Guo Jing. She rather lacked it outside his orbit.
    2. She probably rationalised it by thinking that he owed her father the favour. She'd earlier not hesitated to threaten Mei Chaofeng with her father to keep Guo Jing safe, and promised to put in a good word if MCF did what she (HR) wanted.

im still confused how wulin fighters can get trapped in a maze, either stone or flower. Then can just jump on top of one and walk their way out, especially of OYF's calibur. The guy can walk up mountains at ease but get stuck in a maze lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Luk Sing Fung and his family were a force to reckon with, but even collectively, they would not be a match for Au Yeung Fung.
    At least they could "confuse" OYF with HYS divine formation same like when HR GF and Wu brother "traping" JLFW 20 years later which I think HR + LCF ~ ROCH (sick) HR + GF + Wu brother..

It wasn't quite sheer luck, nor was she really cold-hearted. Per the novel, she seemed to know they were out, AND she also warned everyone in the village to get the hell out as well:

Huang Rong sighed. “I feel sorry for Lu Shige’s [Martial (older) Brother] nice Cloud Village. The Old Poison wanted me to explain the Nine Yin Manual for him. I said the explanation is not difficult, but I needed a good and quiet place. The Old Poison said if that was the case, we would find some secluded temple. I said Buddhist monks are disgusting, I don’t like eating vegetarian food. The Old Poison then asked what I wanted. I said nearby Lake Tai there was a place called the Cloud Village; the scenery is beautiful, the food and wine are superb. The only thing is that the village master is my friend; it made him rather suspicious.”

“That’s right,” Guo Jing said, “Did he decide not to go?”

“No, he is arrogant,” Huang Rong said, “He is never afraid of other people. The more I told him, the more he wanted to go. He said no matter how many friends I have, the Old Poison would face them all. When we arrived at the Cloud Village, actually Lu Shige father and son were not home; they went north of the river to the city of Baoying, to visit their in-laws, Cheng Da Xiaojie’s [Eldest Miss Cheng] family. You know that the Zhuangzhu [Village Master] had learned building technique from my father according to the ‘wu xing ba gua’ [five ways eight diagram]. As soon as the Old Poison stepped into the village, he felt something was not right. He wanted to pull me out of there, but I entered to the east and turned to the west, very soon he lost my track. Hard as he tried, he could not find me, and in his anger he burned the Cloud Village down.”

“Ah!” Guo Jing gasped, “I did stop by the Cloud Village looking for you, but I found it in rubble. Turned out it was the Old Poison’s doing.”

I knew he was going to destroy the village,” Huang Rong said, “So I warned everybody to get out...
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    It wasn't quite sheer luck, nor was she really cold-hearted. Per the novel, she seemed to know they were out, AND she also warned everyone in the village to get the hell out as well:

Huang Rong sighed. “I feel sorry for Lu Shige’s [Martial (older) Brother] nice Cloud Village. The Old Poison wanted me to explain the Nine Yin Manual for him. I said the explanation is not difficult, but I needed a good and quiet place. The Old Poison said if that was the case, we would find some secluded temple. I said Buddhist monks are disgusting, I don’t like eating vegetarian food. The Old Poison then asked what I wanted. I said nearby Lake Tai there was a place called the Cloud Village; the scenery is beautiful, the food and wine are superb. The only thing is that the village master is my friend; it made him rather suspicious.”

“That’s right,” Guo Jing said, “Did he decide not to go?”

“No, he is arrogant,” Huang Rong said, “He is never afraid of other people. The more I told him, the more he wanted to go. He said no matter how many friends I have, the Old Poison would face them all. When we arrived at the Cloud Village, actually Lu Shige father and son were not home; they went north of the river to the city of Baoying, to visit their in-laws, Cheng Da Xiaojie’s [Eldest Miss Cheng] family. You know that the Zhuangzhu [Village Master] had learned building technique from my father according to the ‘wu xing ba gua’ [five ways eight diagram]. As soon as the Old Poison stepped into the village, he felt something was not right. He wanted to pull me out of there, but I entered to the east and turned to the west, very soon he lost my track. Hard as he tried, he could not find me, and in his anger he burned the Cloud Village down.”

“Ah!” Guo Jing gasped, “I did stop by the Cloud Village looking for you, but I found it in rubble. Turned out it was the Old Poison’s doing.”

I knew he was going to destroy the village,” Huang Rong said, “So I warned everybody to get out...
    OT: it's good to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    OT: it's good to hear from you.
    I still ghost around every so often!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I still ghost around every so often!
    I read that you suffered quite the ordeal in China at the height of Covid-19 over there, but that's another discussion for another forum. Good to see that you're OK, though.