Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Legend of the Kilin (cont)

Just want to say that all parts of this "Legend" has been added to The Story Vault.

I've did some minor editing in order to make the story more consistent, but if any writers have problems with the changes please feel free to contact me.

As Suet Seung and Fridaythe13th have said repeatedly, we are always looking for fresh blood and writers to contribute.

Please keep these Round Robins alive!

Attemping chapters summaries/commentaries at the moment to make it easier for the new reader to follow (and old readers keep up to date with what is happening) and maybe add their own section....
    my right arm slams shut

Cool

what is login and password to the story in the vault again???
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Account ID is "Kilin".

Password is "lok".

Have fun writing...

Ok, I spent the last few hours catching up to this story. Everyone is doing a superb job...sadly there hasn't been an update for a while. So here's a bump for this great story.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I want to add something, but i haven't been here in a while and it seems like the way to add something has changed. What's this with the story vault account? What do i have to do?

Wink

Wow... Kara... good to see you here! I was just browsing in the headings of the forum and saw that this thread got activated.

Ignore the Story Vault... just add your continuation here. I only put "Kilin" there to share with other readers in a more presentable novel format... w/o all the side message and just a bit of editing.

So write on...

Talking Kara and C Monster

So good to see you two back in Fan-Fiction.

It's been so long since this round robin has been updated...I hope it will get updated soon enough huh?

Kara, have you been traveling the world all these months? Truly miss your presence in here...I hope you come and stay with us for a long while.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

One thing that I thought was missing is some action. I want to write something but don't really have the time. Hopefully this X-mas, I won't be too busy and can re-join this round robin.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

It was a silent night. Overhead dark storm clouds rumbled across the sky, extinguishing the twinkling stars and spreading a soundless darkness over the forest. Under this cover two figures moved silently, slipping through the forest like evasive shadows. Both were swift and it was obvious that their lightness kung fu was not ordinary. Suddenly, one of the figures stopped. Her companion turned back to look at her.

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” He asked, his voiced filled with concern.

“I think it’s time we separated. We are quite far away from the White Snake Clan and I think it is safe.” Xiao Long Er stated softly, glad that the darkness hid the expression on her face. Yuen Jin was momentarily stunned.

“I…er…well…” The thought of traveling without her had not entered his mind at all. Many emotions whirled in his head, confusing his thoughts and rendering him speechless. Unfortunately, his silence made Xiao Long Er convinced that he did not really want to travel with her but was too polite to say so. She blinked back the tears that welled up in her eyes and without a word somersaulted in the opposite direction. Yuen Jin gave an exclamation of surprise and started to chase after her, but Xiao Long Er’s lightness kungfu was far superior to his. After a few minutes, he could no longer make out where she was. Though Yuen Jin now possessed the lifetime energy of the Whistling Wanderer, he had not worked out how to utilize it yet otherwise chasing after Xiao Long Er would not be a problem at all. Now, left alone in the darkness Yuen Jin began to think about where he was to go. Suddenly, he remembered Lau Hong, his junior apprentice brother. The last time he had seen him was when they were escaping from the Weird Doctor Ma’s place. If Lau Hong was still somewhere around there, then he had to find him. Filled with determined, Yuen Jin made in the direction of the doctor’s place set on finding his young apprentice brother.

Unknown to Yuen Jin, Lau Hong had just completed his training from the 9 Yang Manual and was in the midst of learning the Earth Shifting Manual of the Ming Cult. With his strong energy base from the 9 Yang Manual, he was able to complete the first four levels with relative ease. However, the last three levels grew increasingly complicated and Lau Hong found it difficult to understand the instructions in the manual. Unlike Cheung Mo Kei, the manual’s previous practitioner, Lau Hong did not have a profound understanding of the workings inside human body. Cheung Mo Kei had studied medicine and every time he had come across anything that he didn’t understand, he would apply his medical knowledge. Lau Hong’s lack of knowledge in this particular department meant that he soon had to stop or risk fire deviation. Sighing, Lau Hong turned away from the inscriptions on the cave, laid down and closed his eyes. Ah Yee, whom had been watching over him since he began practicing the manual moved closer, her eyes filled with concern. However, when she noticed his even breathing and the rosy complexion on his face she gave him a hard kick on the side of his legs. Lau Hong gave a yell of pain and bolted upright, rubbing his leg and glaring at Ah Yee.

“What was that for?” He asked. Ah Yee struggled and looked away.

“I felt like it.” She answered nonchalantly. Lau Hong stared at her.

“What kind of person are you? I’ve been sitting here, practicing this manual to try to find a way out while you’ve been lazing around doing nothing and this is the thanks I get?” He asked. Ah Yee looked at him in indignant surprise.

“Excuse me, who was it that gave you your meals each day? I believe it was me. Who was it that has been watching over you in case you experienced fire deviation? Ah yes, it was also me. Who was it that saved your life last time when you almost did experience fire deviation? What? It was me again? And what do you do? As soon as you finish practicing, you suddenly lie down. How was I suppose to know if anything was wrong with you? You worried me for no reason! You ungrateful big headed pig!” She screamed, turning away with her back towards him. A wave of guilt rushed over Lau Hong and he was speechless.

“Um…I’m…I’m…sorry…” He said. Ah Yee was silent. Lau Hong tried again.

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t think.” A heavier silence greeted him in reply. Lau Hong tried a different tack.

“I’m really really sorry that I made you worry about me.” He said with a grin on his face. Immediately Ah Yee turned around.

“Who would worry about you? I just need you to move the big rocks over there. After that, you’re completely useless to me.” She said fiercely. Lau Hong grinned.

“What if I don’t move those rocks over there?” He asked. Ah Yee stared at him in surprise.

“What?”

“I said what if I don’t move those rocks over there?” Ah Yee was stunned into silence.

She looked at him and saw a smug smile on his face. Anger flared up inside of her when she realized her dependency on him. Furious with herself she grabbed her sword and moved to attack him. Lau Hong had anticipated this and grinning, he moved away from her. At first, Ah Yee was using her most basic techniques, relying more on speed than on strength to triumph over him. Seeing that he could dodge her so easily, she began to use the most lethal of attacks to subdue him, intending on forcing him to move the rocks. However, this was not the Lau Hong of a week back. His knowledge of the Earth Shifting Manual of the Ming Cult meant that he could easily see through the flaws of her swordplay and thus effortlessly stole Ah Yee’s sword from her hand. She stared at him in surprise. Lau Hong smiled.

“No need to be so vicious, what wrong with spending more time in here with me?” He asked cheekily. Ah Yee looked at him and turned away, though not before he caught the tears that fell from her eyes. Immediately, Lau Hong moved forward and grabbed her hand.

“Ah Yee, I’m so sorry. I was only teasing you. Don’t cry. Here, take your sword. Poke me with it. Do whatever. Just don’t cry.” He said, pushing the sword into her right hand. Ah Yee stopped crying and looked at him tearfully. Suddenly, her right hand moved and the sword was at his neck. Lau Hong stared at her in shock. Ah Yee grinned.

“Now that you’re under my control. I demand that you move that rock.” She commanded. Lau Hong ignored her. Ah Yee stamped her feet.

“Don’t think that I won’t kill you.” She threatened. Lau Hong looked at her and smiled.

“That’s exactly what I am thinking.” He said.

“How can you be so sure?” Ah Yee asked icily. Lau Hong laughed.

“Because you’re still letting me hold your hand.” He answered. Ah Yee immediately pulled her hand away from his and looked away, a red blush creeping slowly up her face as she experienced a mixture of anger and embarrassment. To Lau Hong, her feminine action made her suddenly very adorable in his eyes, the rare blush making her even more beautiful. He looked at her, completely mesmerized as tender feelings swirled in his heart.

It's been a long time since i wrote anything creative so i feel a bit rusty. But I think that Lau Hong and Ah Yee are my new favourite couple!

Thumbs up

Kara,

Heh, it took a few months for me to finally start reading your latest installment.Nice to see Lau Hong and Ah Yee's friendship (sorta) is having a turn point. Kudos to you for remembering the story so well. I, myself is slowly forgetting the major parts of the story but I think if I try to remember, it'll come back slowly and hopefully soon, I'll remember how it goes. Please continue writing.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I wonder what ever happened to this story. I was re-reading this story and I love it. Maybe we should continue this story. Haha. I quite like the story of Tian Bo and Ah Lan.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Quote Originally Posted by fridaythe13th View Post
    I wonder what ever happened to this story. I was re-reading this story and I love it. Maybe we should continue this story. Haha. I quite like the story of Tian Bo and Ah Lan.
    Yeah, well, it is a round-robin and anyone is welcome to keep this story alive by continuing it.

This is my attempt to revive this old yet amazing story. I dug this up from the depth of the forum the other day.

Ah Lan and Tian Bo went back into the cave. As soon as they were safely inside, Ah Lan pushed Tian Bo off of her and brushed herself. Tian Bo looked around for an answer, but only darkness greeted him. Tian Bo immediately got annoyed. His plan of finding Li Yu Mei was now on hold because of this avalanche. What worried him more was the fact that he was stuck with a young woman whom he had met just days earlier.

Suddenly, Ah Lan’s voice could be heard. “This is all your fault!”

“My fault?” Although Tian Bo couldn’t see her, he could sense that she was just being stubborn. “How is it my fault?”

“You were the only who was kicking and slashing at everything in sight. Now we are stuck here.”

There was a sharp tone to her voice, Tian Bo could feel it. He sigh and ignored her. Ah Lan continued to complain, “You better not have anything perverted thoughts against me or I’ll hack you into a thousand pieces.”

Tian Bo almost fell over when he heard that. He decided that this shouldn’t go on any longer so he said, “We should find some light in here.”

With that, Tian Bo took a step forward. Suddenly, there was a crashing sound and Tian Bo landed on the floor. Tian Bo scolded himself, “Bloody hell!”

“What happened? Are you alright?” Ah Lan bent down and tried to see what had happened. She could feel herself getting softer and she couldn’t stand that. Besides, she told herself, Leung Tian Bo doesn’t have anything to do with her. Why should she care? But there was a thought that she couldn’t ignore him, however suicidal or idiotic he may be.

Finally, Tian Bo broke the silence, “What are you thinking?”

Ah Lan immediately broke out of her thought and stood up, pretending not to care. “Nothing.” After a brief pause, Tian Bo asked, “Aren’t you going to help me up, seeing that my legs aren’t fully healed yet?”

“You fell on your own, you can get up on your own,” Ah Lan’s voice was full of thorns, “Besides, it is too dark for me to see anything.”

“Fine,” Tian Bo mumbled. But he didn’t get up. He just sat there, decided that it was more comfortable sitting down, even if it was the floor. All he could think of was how Li Yu Mei was the one who indirectly led him into this sealed cave. If he did get out, he would go and ask her for an explanation. Settle the debts, as he said earlier. He thought about what Ah Lan said about him. Maybe he was just another fool who had fallen under Li Yu Mei. But every time he wanted to kill her, he had thought of the first time they met. With what had happened in the past few days, Tian Bo had now no idea about anything. He decided not to think about relationships at the moment and that it more important for him and Ah Lan to get out of this place right now.

Ah Lan, on the other hand, was sitting on the floor as well but had not heard a sound from Tian Bo in a while. She asked, “Long Juan Fung?” There was no answer. “Long Juan Fung?” Still no answer. “Stop it. This is not funny,” she voice became more angry, but with a hit of worry. No one answered. Ah Lan swallowed and asked in a firm voice, “Long Juan Fung?”

There wasn’t a sound heard. Ah Lan used her hands to crawl across the floor until she hit something. She kneeled down and felt her way up the object. It was a man’s chest. It must be Tian Bo’s, Ah Lan thought. But to her horror, the body wasn’t moving.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”