Thread: Interesting details of the third edition

Default Interesting details of the third edition

Jinyong made a lot of changes with his third edition. Many of the major changes have been covered in the 'Third Edition Changes' thread, but there are still a host of interesting minor details that have not been covered. I have started this thread to gather interesting snippets together into one place. Feel free to add to it!

I'll start with this one from HSDS:

乾坤大挪移神功較淺近的一二層,類似於“四兩撥千斤”之法,但到了較高層次,反過來變成了“千斤撥四兩”, 以近乎千斤的浩浩內力,去撥動對手小小的勁力,似乎是“殺雞用牛刀”,但正因用的是“牛刀”,殺此雞便輕而 易舉了。

The more basic one or two levels of QQDNY, were of the '4 taels (~200g) moves 1000 catties (~600kg)' variety, but progressing to the higher levels, it reversed into '1000 catties moves 4 taels', using nearly a 1000 catties of torrential inner power, to move the opponent's tiny force, it was like 'killing a chicken with a cow knife', but because it was using a 'cow knife', killing this chicken becomes trivially easy.

So... the higher levels of QQDNY were all about overkill.

I am interested to read more about this change in HSDS third edition from wuxia society. https://wuxiasociety.com/heaven-swor...ird-edition/2/

"Xiaozhao dispatched emissaries to return the Persian’s six Holy Flame Tablets to the Ming Cult. Since Zhang Wuji learnt the techniques from the six tablets that belonged to the Persian Ming Cult, he returned the favour by giving them a copy of the Great Shift in Heaven and Earth.

However, the real reason was Xiaozhao pining for Zhang Wuji, and wanted to get in touch with him. She sent the Holy Flame Tablets along with the clothings she made for him as a gesture of her affection. These clothings were made while she was staying in an inn when Zhang Wuji rescued the people trapped in the pagoda."

If someone can pinpoint where this change is located in the chapter part in wuxia society translation, I greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post

I'll start with this one from HSDS:

乾坤大挪移神功較淺近的一二層,類似於“四兩撥千斤”之法,但到了較高層次,反過來變成了“千斤撥四兩”, 以近乎千斤的浩浩內力,去撥動對手小小的勁力,似乎是“殺雞用牛刀”,但正因用的是“牛刀”,殺此雞便輕而 易舉了。

The more basic one or two levels of QQDNY, were of the '4 taels (~200g) moves 1000 catties (~600kg)' variety, but progressing to the higher levels, it reversed into '1000 catties moves 4 taels', using nearly a 1000 catties of torrential inner power, to move the opponent's tiny force, it was like 'killing a chicken with a cow knife', but because it was using a 'cow knife', killing this chicken becomes trivially easy.

So... the higher levels of QQDNY were all about overkill.
    still the third edition does not explain clearly QKDNY allow its user to easily copy/replicate other martial arts like Wuji did in brightness peak, so we can only assume it based on theory , not book explanation

Jin Yong upgrade the beauty of Gongshun Lu'e in ROCH

edition 2 translated by Fox:
    The girl laughed again. Her beauty could be classed as first class but compared to Xiao Longnu’s; there were still many li between them. Compared to the gentleness of Cheng Ying and the prettiness of Lu Wushuang, she appeared to be slightly inferior. But she was elegant, graceful and there was a wholesome air about her. No one had praised her beauty before, and this was because the martial arts her valley practiced revolved around abdication. When her fellow apprentices see each other they are always cold and remain unmoved. In the hearts of her fellow apprentices though, they did think that she was very beautiful but none of them dared to say it out loud.

edition 3
    那女郎又格格娇笑。她容貌固也算得甚美,比之小龙女自远远不及,但较之程英之柔、陆无双之俏, 似亦不见逊色 ,杨过心中比较,觉此女清雅,胜于完颜萍。

Jin Yong change the world "slightly inferior" to "does not seem inferior"
    and also add Wanyan Ping in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    still the third edition does not explain clearly QKDNY allow its user to easily copy/replicate other martial arts like Wuji did in brightness peak, so we can only assume it based on theory , not book explanation
    Well in fact it's not "pure" Qian Kun Shift but combine with his knowledge in medical skill and 9 Yang which give him better "understanding" about (external) martial arts/skill and allow him to learn it "quickly"😶😶😶😶😶

Jin Yong upgrade the beauty of Gongshun Lu'e in ROCH

edition 2 translated by Fox:
    The girl laughed again. Her beauty could be classed as first class but compared to Xiao Longnu’s; there were still many li between them. Compared to the gentleness of Cheng Ying and the prettiness of Lu Wushuang, she appeared to be slightly inferior. But she was elegant, graceful and there was a wholesome air about her. No one had praised her beauty before, and this was because the martial arts her valley practiced revolved around abdication. When her fellow apprentices see each other they are always cold and remain unmoved. In the hearts of her fellow apprentices though, they did think that she was very beautiful but none of them dared to say it out loud.

edition 3
    那女郎又格格娇笑。她容貌固也算得甚美,比之小龙女自远远不及,但较之程英之柔、陆无双之俏, 似亦不见逊色 ,杨过心中比较,觉此女清雅,胜于完颜萍。

Jin Yong change the world "slightly inferior" to "does not seem inferior"
    and also add Wanyan Ping in comparison.
    so what is the ranking of all the girls in ROCH in terms of pretty-ness now?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    so what is the ranking of all the girls in ROCH in terms of pretty-ness now?
    XLN
    Cheng Ying/GF
    Gongsun Lu'er/Wanyan Ping
    Lu Wushuang/Yelu Yan
    For GX I think she is too young😛😛😛😛

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    XLN
    Cheng Ying/GF
    Lu Wushuang/Yelu Yan
    Wow. GF so pretty? GX = about the same age as Hong Ling in DGSD.

Yang Guo said, “Why are you sighing?”

Guo Fu said, “My mind is really troubled, you wouldn’t understand.”

Yang Guo saw a delicate redness on her face, her eyebrows slightly wrinkled, she really was an extremely beautiful girl. Compared to Lu Wushuang, Wanyan Ping and Yelu Yan, she was more beautiful than they. His heart was moved slightly and said, “I know why you are so troubled.”

off-topic

why Yelu Yan never fell in love with Yang Guo like other young women? she met YG first before Wu Dunru, right?

off-topic

why Yelu Yan never fell in love with Yang Guo like other young women? she met YG first before Wu Dunru, right?
    Maybe because they never talk each other😶😶😶😶

Yang Guo said, “Why are you sighing?”

Guo Fu said, “My mind is really troubled, you wouldn’t understand.”

Yang Guo saw a delicate redness on her face, her eyebrows slightly wrinkled, she really was an extremely beautiful girl. Compared to Lu Wushuang, Wanyan Ping and Yelu Yan, she was more beautiful than they. His heart was moved slightly and said, “I know why you are so troubled.”
    OT: Then why they did not get married?

off-topic

I thought she had a mild crush on him, but it never went anywhere.

XLN
    Cheng Ying/GF
    Lu Wushuang/Yelu Yan
    nice hahaha where would LMC rank in this? and what about GX when she is older
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

OT: Need to ask Z3F whether his heart beats a bit when seeing GX.

If LMC 20 years younger perhaps she is comparable with Wanyan Ping or Gongsun Lu'Er..

Wow. So many interesting details in the third edition. (Doc Kwok will probably have a heart attack)

OT: How's about HR's ranking in ROCH? Better than LMC?

Yeeep when GSZ seem HR he suddenly "falling in love"😆😆😆😆