Thread: Other than WY, did anyone else bear a grudge against YG specifically because of YH?

Default Other than WY, did anyone else bear a grudge against YG specifically because of YH?

Yeung Gor had no shortage of enemies in ROCH, but other than Wong Yung (and perhaps Ohr Jen Ngok) and a few Beggar's Union veterans who had been members of the Union when his father Yeung Hong tried to usurp the Union Chief position during LOCH, I don't think anybody else bore a grudge against Yeung Gor specifically because he was the son of Yeung Hong. Most people were either unaware whom his father was, or it was irrelevant to them because they had never met or been an enemy of Yeung Hong.

YK was hated because he served the Jin empire. By ROCH, the Jin empire wasn't the threat; it was the Mongols. I guess wulin sort of ignored it and didn't bother about it.

Ke Zhen E held a grudge against Yang Guo because of Ouyang Feng, not Yang Kang. Yang Kang contributed nothing to Yang Guo that could be held against him. Ouyang Feng taught him the Toad Stance, which Yang Guo used to severely injure one of the Wu brothers.

The Beggar Clan members who held a grudge against Yang Kang was a TVB invention. Barely anyone knew who Yang Kang was by the time of ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Ke Zhen E held a grudge against Yang Guo because of Ouyang Feng, not Yang Kang. Yang Kang contributed nothing to Yang Guo that could be held against him. Ouyang Feng taught him the Toad Stance, which Yang Guo used to severely injure one of the Wu brothers.

The Beggar Clan members who held a grudge against Yang Kang was a TVB invention. Barely anyone knew who Yang Kang was by the time of ROCH.
    I think its both. Remember that Yang Kang directly killed one of his sworn brothers with the 9Yin White Bone Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    I think its both. Remember that Yang Kang directly killed one of his sworn brothers with the 9Yin White Bone Claw.
    ...and Yeung Hong masterminded the plot in the first place. Subconsciously, Ohr Jen Ngok likely didn't much like Yeung Gor because he was the progeny of Yeung Hong.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    It was evidence of the Toad Stance that caused Ke Zhen E to make it clear that it was either him or Yang Guo, which prompted Guo Jing to take Yang Guo to Quanzhen.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    It was evidence of the Toad Stance that caused Ke Zhen E to make it clear that it was either him or Yang Guo, which prompted Guo Jing to take Yang Guo to Quanzhen.
    I think that was the last straw for Ohr Jen Ngok, but even before that, he wasn't exactly fond of Yeung Gor, and if I were to surmise, it was because Yeung Gor was Yeung Hong's son.

Elder/Union Chief Lo Yau Gerk became quite friendly with Yeung Gor during ROCH, and Lo clearly remembered (and nearly died because) Yeung Hong's brief usurpation of the Union Chief position a generation earlier. Surprisingly, Lo did not hold Yeung Hong's actions against Yeung Gor.