Thread: Do you think other members of GWM's school were executed after Mongke's death?

Default Do you think other members of GWM's school were executed after Mongke's death?

The Mongol Empire rewarded success and punished failure. At the end of ROCH, the Golden Wheel Monk not only failed to take Seung Yeung Fortress, but also failed to protect the Khan (Mongke). Considering the catastrophic results, do you think Kublai, after succeeding his older brother as the Khan, punished the rest of the Golden Wheel Monk's school? Would Tibetan Lama Buddhism itself have fallen out of favor with the Mongol elite as a result? Nearly a century later during HSDS, many of the Mongol elite still seemed to be devotees of Tibetan Lama Buddhism (though not necessarily the Golden Wheel Monk's specific school).

Pardon me for my poor memory. Other than Silver Leaf who is rumored to be killed by a Tibetan or Mongolian monk, I can't remember any Tibetan/Mongolian monks in HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Pardon me for my poor memory. Other than Silver Leaf who is rumored to be killed by a Tibetan or Mongolian monk, I can't remember any Tibetan/Mongolian monks in HSDS.
    Tibetan monks appeared to provide much of the muscle for the security forces that Chiu Mun posted to that pagoda in Dadu where she held the wulin heroes prisoner. Later, a crew of Tibetan monks were dispatched to assist the Yeun Ming Elders to capture Cheung Mo Gei and Chiu Mun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Tibetan monks appeared to provide much of the muscle for the security forces that Chiu Mun posted to that pagoda in Dadu where she held the wulin heroes prisoner. Later, a crew of Tibetan monks were dispatched to assist the Yeun Ming Elders to capture Cheung Mo Gei and Chiu Mun.
    Yes, you are right though I cannot remember the second incident. Thks.

So, no Mongolian monks appear during HSDS?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    So, no Mongolian monks appear during HSDS?
    They are probably Tibetan, but they're all minor, unnamed characters who make very brief appearances.