Thread: The complications of the Deun Royal Family line of succession

Default The complications of the Deun Royal Family line of succession

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    I was referring to the rule at the time that 1YF could not be taught outside of the Duan family. Although DZC did not have the opportunity to teach the girls himself, once they were taken back into the family we never hear of any Duan family elders ever passing the skill on to them or any of their female descendants using it, which I find a little odd.
    I also doubt that MQW and HL are acknowledged as Duan. For such are "dirty" secrets.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I also doubt that MQW and HL are acknowledged as Duan. For such are "dirty" secrets.
    DY himself was a product of a 'dirty deed' and that was covered up. When he made MQW & HL into his concubines, they would have been officially members of the family and I see no reason why someone say DZC's brother would not teach them the family art on the sly.

DY himself was a product of a 'dirty deed' and that was covered up. When he made MQW & HL into his concubines, they would have been officially members of the family and I see no reason why someone say DZC's brother would not teach them the family art on the sly.
    OT: Would that be worse? Imagine the father of MWQ and ZL is revealed. The whole palace will be gossiping on DY's parentage. What's if everyone found that DY's father is a rebel?

OT: Would that be worse? Imagine the father of MWQ and ZL is revealed. The whole palace will be gossiping on DY's parentage. What's if everyone found that DY's father is a rebel?
    Technically DY's biological father was the most legitimate claimant to the throne, so those within the family would not make a fuss out of it. When MWQ and ZL became his concubines they were Duan royal family so if an elder was to secretly teach them the family skill it would not have been much of a scandal.

Technically DY's biological father was the most legitimate claimant to the throne, so those within the family would not make a fuss out of it. When MWQ and ZL became his concubines they were Duan royal family so if an elder was to secretly teach them the family skill it would not have been much of a scandal.
    Allow me to OT again, MS. The situation becomes even more complicated. Then MWQ and ZL are the enemy's daughters. Also, would there be a need to teach the two girls the skills?

Allow me to OT again, MS. The situation becomes even more complicated. Then MWQ and ZL are the enemy's daughters. Also, would there be a need to teach the two girls the skills?
    Why would they be enemies? No desperate need to teach them, but also no real reason not to. Both studied martial arts and it would be natural that they would want to study a supreme art.

Why would they be enemies? No desperate need to teach them, but also no real reason not to. Both studied martial arts and it would be natural that they would want to study a supreme art.
    OT: Isn't DY' father and MWQ's father from different "clans/families"? And the latter rebel against the former? Apology if I get these parts wrong.

OT: Isn't DY' father and MWQ's father from different "clans/families"? And the latter rebel against the former? Apology if I get these parts wrong.
    When King Deun Jing Ming discovered that Great Evil # 1 was the former Prince Deun Yin Hing, the Baoding Emperor was eager to give Prince Yin Hing his rightful place on the throne. The only reason that Baoding did not do so is because Yin Hing had become a wulin menace. It had nothing to do with the bloodline, which was proper, but with Yin Hing's character. Deun Yu came from that bloodline, but was of suitable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    When King Deun Jing Ming discovered that Great Evil # 1 was the former Prince Deun Yin Hing, the Baoding Emperor was eager to give Prince Yin Hing his rightful place on the throne. The only reason that Baoding did not do so is because Yin Hing had become a wulin menace. It had nothing to do with the bloodline, which was proper, but with Yin Hing's character. Deun Yu came from that bloodline, but was of suitable character.
    First, thanks to Ken and MS for the sharing about the Duan history. And again, sorry for OTing.
    In the series, if DY's father is the rightful heir, why was it shown that he is rebelling against the Duan regime? Or, he is actually not rebelling?

First, thanks to Ken and MS for the sharing about the Duan history. And again, sorry for OTing.
    In the series, if DY's father is the rightful heir, why was it shown that he is rebelling against the Duan regime? Or, he is actually not rebelling?
    It's complicated. Check this out.

OT: So basically these two parts are important. I suspect DY's father was attacked by the Yang side and then disappeared.

12. Duan Lianyi (? - 1080)
    Son of Silian. Succeeded his father as King of Dali in 1075, but was killed by minister Yang Yizhen in 1080. Duan Lianyi was known as Emperor Shangde.

NOTE: Duan Lianyi is the father of Duan Yanqing (Leader of the Four Villains) of DGSD.

13. Duan Shouhui
    Nephew of Lianyi. When his uncle was murdered by Yang Yizhen who tried to usurp the throne, the Gao Family attacked Yang and killed him. The head of the Gao Family, Gao Zhisheng, then supported Duan Shouhui to become king in 1080. Shouhui was only a puppet-king, for all the real power lies in the hands of Gao Zhisheng. In the same year, he abdicated in favour of his cousin Duan Zhengming. Shouhui himself, who was titled Emperor Shangming, became a monk at the Celestial Dragon Temple.

First, thanks to Ken for bumping all these stuff into a new thread.

Did any of the series happen how Duan Yanpqng was injured?
    OT: To think about it, MWQ and ZL married their uncle.

First, thanks to Ken for bumping all these stuff into a new thread.

Did any of the series happen how Duan Yanpqng was injured?
    OT: To think about it, MWQ and ZL married their uncle.
    It was during the usurpation incident.
    DY was the girl's cousin and under Dali law at the time it was permitted.

My bad - yes, they are cousins.

i wonder whether the Gao family went to look for Duan Yanqing after they defeated the Yang side.

Now, I am wondering whose son succeed DY. MWQ, ZL or Xiao Lei?