Thread: DOMD - Who's the best fighter

Default DOMD - Who's the best fighter

I have been reading DOMD in english (translated by John Minford) recently and watched bits of both Tony leung and jordan chan 's version of DOMD in youtube. Basically i am on a DOMB binge now, haha.

Though the main protagonist doesn't know martial arts he has 2 formidable master - single armed nun aka chang ping princess, chen jin nan. Other notable martial artists are Invincible fist gui xinshu , divine dragon sect leader hong antong, chen yuan yuan's secret admirer hu yizhi...

Among those i have mentioned , who do you think is the strongest in the novel?

Not familiar with this series. To-date, only watched the Tony Leung/Andy Lau version. You can refer to their ranking here.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...t#.X0ZxAMgzaMo

LV 40: Jiu Nan (LDJ)
    LV 40: Hong An Tong (LDJ)
    LV 35: Ao Bai (LDJ)
    LV 35: Chen Jin Nan (LDJ)
    LV 35: Feng Xi Fan (LDJ)

i dont really like John Minford's , so i switch to fans translation after read in the middle of book 1.

probably one of these: Jiunan, Hong An Tong, and Gui Xinshu

other than both of you mentioned, we also have He Tieshou (the one-hand miao woman, which is stronger than Jiunan in sswrb, but her progress is slower than Jiunan after the event of sswrb) , then Chengguang monk who is a head of one of the shaolin hall, a class B fighter , i think he is the strongest martial artist in shaolin, but i dont know about the abbot which i think never fight?

Wu Liuqi , a beggar that later became a commander of Qing (also the head of one tiandihui's lodge), it is said that need both Gui Xinshu and his wife to kill him.

if i am forced to say which of these 3 is the strongest , without giving the reason, i would say Gui Xinshu.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i dont really like John Minford's , so i switch to fans translation after read in the middle of book 1.

probably one of these: Jiunan, Hong An Tong, and Gui Xinshu

other than both of you mentioned, we also have He Tieshou (the one-hand miao woman, which is stronger than Jiunan in sswrb, but her progress is slower than Jiunan after the event of sswrb) , then Chengguang monk who is a head of one of the shaolin hall, a class B fighter , i think he is the strongest martial artist in shaolin, but i dont know about the abbot which i think never fight?

Wu Liuqi , a beggar that later became a commander of Qing (also the head of one tiandihui's lodge), it is said that need both Gui Xinshu and his wife to kill him.

if i am forced to say which of these 3 is the strongest , without giving the reason, i would say Gui Xinshu.
    Wu Liuqi was killed by a combo of Gui's wife and son.