Thread: How much did Cheung Mo Gei know about Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor?

Default How much did Cheung Mo Gei know about Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor?

By the time of HSDS, the names of Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor had become legendary among the better-informed of wulin. Many wulin experts knew of the two heroes' exploits defending Seung Yeung Fortress a century before their own time.

Cheung Mo Gei spent his formative years outside of wulin on Ice Fire Island, but his godfather Tse Tsun was extraordinarily knowledgeable about wulin lore. Given that fact, how much did Cheung Mo Gei know about Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor? Did their names mean anything to him? Was he aware that they were legendary heroes from the past?

Guo Jing, probably, considering how Zhang Sanfeng idolized him. Then there's the whole origin of the Dragon Sabre thing. ZWJ spent a lot of time on Wudang so he probably heard a lot about him.

Yang Guo, on the other hand, was almost entirely forgotten already. He wasn't a leader of any organization. He lived like a recluse. Most people who owed him any favor were weirdos. No one in Wulin bothered to name drop him anymore. I doubt ZWJ knows anything about him.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Guo Jing, probably, considering how Zhang Sanfeng idolized him. Then there's the whole origin of the Dragon Sabre thing. ZWJ spent a lot of time on Wudang so he probably heard a lot about him.

Yang Guo, on the other hand, was almost entirely forgotten already. He wasn't a leader of any organization. He lived like a recluse. Most people who owed him any favor were weirdos. No one in Wulin bothered to name drop him anymore. I doubt ZWJ knows anything about him.
    After meeting Yellow Big Sister he probably wanted to learn more of YG I assume. And since YG became one of the new 5 Greats, I assume he was name dropped enough in wulin.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    After meeting Yellow Big Sister he probably wanted to learn more of YG I assume. And since YG became one of the new 5 Greats, I assume he was name dropped enough in wulin.
    Not only YG but also ZBT and Yideng while HYS mentioned once by YX..