Thread: A discussion of the 100 years between DGSD and LOCH (video)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Dont quite agree.

1. He says DGKB is likely before DGSD, that ignores a bird living for nearly 200 years?

2. Using WCY is boring because too many major points have already been explained in ROCH/LOCH. Boring.

3. He didnt mention the heroic young beggar who sought out XZ years after DGSD. That guy should be a better candidate since nothing else was known about him except that he was the 1st Beggar leader to use the simplified DP.

4. What 天龙后传??WCY's story did nothing to close up or follow on DGSD's story, instead it mainly sets up LOCH, so it should be 射雕前传!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Dont quite agree.

1. He says DGKB is likely before DGSD, that ignores a bird living for nearly 200 years?
    I have Dook Goo Kau Bai pegged for the first 15-25 years after the end of DGSD myself.

2. Using WCY is boring because too many major points have already been explained in ROCH/LOCH. Boring.
    The way I see it, Deun Yu, Hui Juk, Wong Seung, and Dook Goo Kau Bai were the predominant figures in wulin during the first thirty to forty years after the end of DGSD. Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung begins to show up around forty years before the beginning of LOCH, and the other Greats began to emerge around twenty years before the beginning of LOCH.

3. He didnt mention the heroic young beggar who sought out XZ years after DGSD. That guy should be a better candidate since nothing else was known about him except that he was the 1st Beggar leader to use the simplified DP.
    This figure was likely North Beggar Hung 7 Gung's teacher and his immediate predecessor as Beggar's Union Chief (Chief # 17). It is possible and perhaps even likely that a few Chiefs served between Yau Tan Tze and Chief # 17 (my pet theory remains that Kiu Fung was Chief # 11).

4. What 天龙后传??WCY's story did nothing to close up or follow on DGSD's story, instead it mainly sets up LOCH, so it should be 射雕前传!
    Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, I see Deun Yu and Hui Juk's influence in wulin extending at most forty years after DGSD, and was probably shorter than that considering that Deun Yu would have been occupied by affairs of state as the King of Dali and Hui Juk seemed more bent on Buddhist enlightenment than involvement in wulin affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Dont quite agree.

It's actually not unrealistic for an animal to live 200 years.

The Bowheads whale can actually live to 200 years.

"Bowhead whales are considered to be the longest-living mammals, living for over 200 years. In May 2007, a 15 m (49 ft) specimen caught off the Alaskan coast was discovered with the 3.5 in (89 mm) head of an explosive harpoon of a model manufactured between 1879 and 1885, so the whale was probably harpooned sometime between those years, and its age at the time of death was estimated at between 115 and 130 years. Spurred by this discovery, scientists measured the ages of other bowhead whales; one specimen was estimated to be 211 years old.Other bowhead whales were estimated to be between 135 and 172 years old. This discovery showed the longevity of the bowhead whale is much greater than originally thought. According to researchers at CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, the genome sequence revealed bowhead whales' maximum lifespan to be 268 years."

Ref: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowhead_whale

As birds, there was a cockatoo that lived to 120 years. So a 200 year old giant condor is not far fetch.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/c...831-1jkz2.html
    Last edited by Stance; 10-24-20 at 07:18 PM.