Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Kilin (Mo-hup fan fic #1)

Wink

C Monster: I am very curious now...what will happen in the second part that you'll add? Does Li Yu Mei know that our scar face friend going to go get her? Or she just planning to escape...hmm...anyways I hope you most your second part so I can see what I can add...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wow! This fan fic is amazing. It's really great to see the way so many good writers can get together to produce such a great story. I've already taken a great liking of the character Lau Hong, he seems like the mischivous fun loving type. However, I also like his older martial arts brother Cheng Yuen Jin. I take it he is the older, more responsible student yet with the same humour and fun loving nature. Would anyone mind if i just inserted another character whom could possibly be his love interest? She won't affect the story because she's still a way off from where all the action is happening.
    Read the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud now. I swear that you won't regret meeting someone like Bartimaeus. Ever.

Kara: Feel free to add a part, however, I don't know if C Monster is going to add her second part anytime soon or not>? Anyways, We don't mind if you participate...we really would like more writers to join in...you see SPCNET...would like more writers to join to make the story more and more intriguing and unpredictable. You're welcome to add your part.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Thanks White Krane.

Heres my little contribution as i don't want to change anything that's happening in the story. All i want to do is add another character. If she affects anyone's idea please tell me. I don't mind if she's taken off.
    A lone figure was making their way over the White Crane Mountains, seemingly in an enormous hurry. She was a young woman around the age of 16 or 17 and very beautiful. However, this was not the usual elegant and delicate beauty that most people admired. The young woman’s beauty was childishly innocent and compassionate with only a hint of elegance and grace. It was a face that radiated the young woman’s inner beauty. Her beauty was not the only thing that made her stand out. It was a bitterly cold area, with knife-like winds and stinging snowfall. Yet the young woman did not seem to be cold at all as she did not even shiver. She wore a thin, cotton, light blue dress covered with a gauzy white material and held in place with a blue and white belt. One her feet were a pair of thin, white boots the usual for walking on warm, dry land. These white boots were just a white blur as she ran, aiming for the land that lay straight ahead towards the Sword Lake Manor. Any person whom practiced martial arts would have marvelled the way the young woman ran. It was obvious that this running was a type of kung fu, which allowed the young woman to reach the speed of someone using their qing gong yet still being able to retain this speed over a long period of time. As she ran, the young woman’s sparkling, mischievous eyes were narrowed in determination and one could hear her mutter to herself.

‘Don’t worry Li Yu Mei Jie Jie [big sister] your sworn sister Xiao Lung Er [Siu Lung Yee/ Little Dragon Child] will come for you.’ Xiao Lung Er reached up and fingered a round, golden bell in the shape of a dragon curling up. This seemed to give her more determination as she increased her already impossible running speed.

Far away, Li Yu Mei instinctively touched an identical round bell, in the same shape of a dragon curling into a ball.
    Read the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud now. I swear that you won't regret meeting someone like Bartimaeus. Ever.

Cool

Hmm, more and more intriguing and exciting. This is a very good fanfic.

Out of curiosity, is there another english word that means kungfu (or kung fu???)? What would JY use in chinese for this word?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Cool

Isn't the wedding supposed to be today? Or is it the next day? I was going to write some, but didn't want to mess the timeline - it's difficult to figure it out from various posts.

Actually, from what i can make out, the wedding is the next day. The three men looking over the hill top are watching the guests continuing to arrive. I believe that the wedding is definately not on that day.

Wink

Goofy: I would say we should continue with the wedding day BUT...I don't know when C Monster is going to add that second part that C monster intended to add yesterday...but I guess...we have to wait for C Monster to make her/he's appearance and say something...or add another part to know otherwise...I guess

Cool

Hmm, I'll contribute something then.

Writing in Progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool

That night, Ah Yee was frantic. She couldn't find her mistress anywhere. Afraid of revealing their true status, she didn't dare to question too many people, specially the housekeeper Fok.

Recollecting of the secret chamber Ah Lan was talking about, she walked over to the old storage shack just to find out to her dismay that there were many servants working around the area consistantly.

Before she had any chance to think up of some plan, she was called again for help in the kitchen. The wedding was drawing near, and every servant in the house was kept at work to the late hour of the night for the ceremony preparation.

Ah Yee heaved a deep sigh before joining the other maids in the kitchen.

At the meantime, Lau Hong was kept awake with the haunted question he had had in mind since this afternoon. 'Who's that girl? I must have seen her before, but where. Lau Hong, you always have such a good memory, but you cannot even recognize a girl with spectacular feature at that!' He scolded himself.

Unknown to being a cause for his sleepless night, Ah Yee fell asleep from weariness of long hour labor works. She consoled herself sleepily before dropping into the dreamland, 'Mistress will be fine. She is a skillful fighter, and she is very smart. She is probably hiding in that chamber right now, reading over the diary. She just can't come out because there are too many people around.'

Contrary to what she believed, Ah Lan now was being gagged and shut in a big chest. All her hands and feet were securely tied.

Ah Lan struggled with the rope knots till she was exhausted. Tears flew down her face with frustration. She had never been in this hopeless situation before. The last words she had heard before being shoved in this dismal chest was from Mistress Li, "Once they know of her real identity, we should be far away with the treasure. I have some backups, so everything will work smoothly."

At that moment a light footstep was heard entering the room. Ah Lee's heart was picking up. 'Maybe this is Ah Yee. She must be looking for me everywhere.'

To her disappointment, the footstep belonged to the young Miss Li. She was followed by another lady, who Ah Yee couldn't even detect until that person had spoken in a clear voice.

"Big sister Li, you have called me urgently. What is the matter? What can I do to help you?"

Beautiful Li Yu Mei smiled tenderly at her sworn sister. "Xiao Long, you grow prettier every time I see you. I have called you because I need your Elixir Potion. You know well that I don't love Master Cheung and that I have sworn to love only Ah Bao. The only reason I consented to this wedding because our master needs me to get a treasure from this house."

Although Ah Yee couldn't see the newcomer's face, she could detect from shuddering tone that its owner was scared.

"But... but dear sister Li, you know that I don't approve of using poison on people. I'd rather cure that cause pains. I... I can help you escape from this place. As for the treasure, we can come back for it openly. With your martial skills, nobody in Cheung House could withstand you. Why do we need to kill innocent people?"

Li Yu Mei patted the younger girl affectionately and replied in honey-coated voice, "There, there. No need to be so alarm. I didn't say that I was going to kill anyone. I know you don't like to use that poison, but I really have no choice. It's true that I am far better than the Cheung men in fighting arts, but I am in the last stage of practicing 'Golden Palms' right now and cannot afford to use too much of my inner strength. According to Master, we will have to retrieve this treasure fast before it will fall into his enemy's hands. All I require of you is to put a few drops of Elixir Potion in the wedding wine to buy me a time to get what I want and escape."

Xiao Long still protested half-heartedly, "But even a few drops of my potion will be enough to kill people with weak inner strength. I... I don't really want to kill anyone. Please, sister Li.

Li Yu Mei frowned irritatedly, but smiled and coaxed her junior sister gently, "Don't you worry about that. Weird Doctor Ma and his wife will be there at the wedding. He can cure any kind of poison. That's why I only need a small dose of your marvellous potion; otherwise it might lead them to us."

Xiao Long sighed with relief. She agreed reluctantly, "If you say so senior sister. I'll wait for opportunity to do it."

After she left, the maid came in with a bowl of soup for her mistress.

"Did Miss Xiao Long agree to do that for you?" She inquired curiously.

Her mistress flicked the fan with anger, "Yes, but not with so much coaxing! I tell you, that girl is too soft for our sect. Master has been too lenient on her. All these years raising by the greatest fighter in martial world, and she is only good at flying from places to places aside from her medicine knowledge. I ask you, why wouldn't she use her magic poison if she is the sole person to know how to use and obtain it? Master is not a fair man. If he has chosen me for his heir, I could be more than this young silly sister of mine."

The maid tried to put her young miss in good mood, "But if we do this job successfully, you will have a chance to be the next master of Dragon Sect."

Li Yu Mei glinted and laughed with content. "Ha ha, you're right. That's why we have to try our best in this job."

The maid's glance fell at the chest in the corner of the room and asked her mistress nervously, "She didn't look as a regular maid. Do you think she is a spy sent from the 'Fragrance Palace'? Oh! What if she heard what we have been discussing?"

However, Mistress Li waved the subject away without more thoughts. "Don't be another coward! It's no matter if she heard us or not. Tomorrow, she will take the 'deaf pill', and after our job, she will die anyway. And it would be better if she happens to come from that palace. Master will be pleased that we can beat his enemy this time."

Ah Lan's heart skipped several beats. She was limp with fright. The worst predicament she was in got worse than ever when she realized that she now was in the hands of her ruthless enemy - the Dragon Clan. All that she hoped for was Ah Yee's safety.

Cool

All names I thought up in a spur of moment, please feel free to change them. I am not good with names or Chinese (evidently).

Goofy: What twists and double indentities you've woven into the story.... I wonder what will happen next? Shall I take a turn?

Cool

By all means, please do.

I just scan back at what I wrote and am surprised that I can write that much.

The story is getting better and better, and it's really fun. Actually this has to contribute to homey atmosphere that SC built on this messageboard too. I feel more comfortable expressing my thoughts here than at anywhere else.

Thank you, SC....

Whoa, suddenly so many contributors. Great jobs everyone!

Goofy: I'm glad that you find this forum "homey". It's really the kindred spirits, like yourself, here who make it homey.
    -SC

Exclamation

Okie dokie! I have an idea of what should happen next...so it's my turn to add a part to this quilt of intriguing story, woven together...

Writing in the Process...

All day and evening, Ah Yee had been wandering around trying to keep calm and act normal around Fok Guen Ka and the other servants. Yet, no matter how much she tried, the time given by her master to complete the mission was running out and she was worried about her mistress. As she was deep in thought, a hand from behind her reached onto her shoulder.

"You! Servant girl! What are you doing standing there stupidly?" said a young handsome man in his mid twenties.

Ah Yee had been standing in the courtyard's gazzbo deep in thought and had not sensed this young man's presence. She turned around and kept her head lowered. The young man continued to scold at her.

"What are you doing? While all the other maids and servant boys are busily trying to put the finishing touchs on my wedding preparations!" said the young man in a stern and strong voice.

Ah Yee continued to keep quiet and lower her head. The non-response of Ah Yee made the young man even more angry at her. With a quick hand, he took Ah Yee by surprise once again by holding her chin up high.

"Look at me, when I talk to you, lowly maid! No one disrespects me by ignoring my words!" said the young man. His grasp on Ah Yee's chin was getting tighter. Ah Yee dared not to use her kung fu, for it would blow her cover and her mistress would be in deeper trouble, where ever she was. All Ah Yee could do was pretend to cry in hope that this young man would have some sympathy and let her go.

Just then, Cheung Chi Xue, Fong Zheng and his to students walked into the courtyard laughing and talking cheerfully until they saw the young man and Ah Yee in the gazzbo.

"Ping-Yee! What are you doing? Unhand that maid at once!" commanded Cheung Chi Xue.

"Father, I was only worried that the preparation for my wedding ceremony will slow down because I found this maid standing in the courtyard doing nothing," said Cheung Ping.

Cheung Chi Xue walked over to Ah Yee and examined her chin. Lau Hong and Yuen Jin also walked closer to the side to have a closer look at Ah Yee yet nothing about her appearance seem to spark their memory of where they had seen her. With that they could only stare at her.

"What's your name? Did my son hurt you?"

Ah Yee lowered her head again and said,"My name is Ah Yee."

She was in deep water now, Fong Zheng and his students were watching her and for a moment she did not know what to do. Yet she could sense that Cheung Chi Xue was being nice and she decided to take advantage of the kindness.

"I..I...I'm fine, said Ah Yee trying to act nervous as she can.

"Very well then, carry on with your chores," said Cheung Chi Xue as he smoothed his long mustache and turn around to face his son and his guests. He then had to turn around once again as Yuen Jin and Lau Hong hurried to the fainted Ah Yee on the floor.

The quiet and patient, Fong Zheng finally spoke up.

"Brother Cheung, I believe we all aren't the only ones who have been busy and worried about the wedding," said Fong Zheng as he gestured his two students to hold Ah Yee up," Hong Yee and Jin Yee go ask around and see that this maid gets rested in her bed and report to me immediately.

Cheung Chi Xue nodded and laughed politely as to agree with Fong Zheng's orders. He then turned to his son, Ping, whose eyes followed scornfully as Lau Hong and Yuen Jin had each of Ah Yee's arm on their shoulder as they disappeared around the corner. Cheung Chi Xue saw that and walked over to face his son.

"Ping-Yee, what kind of attitude was that? How can you treat a maid like that?"

"But father...that maid..."

"Don't father me, I don't have the kind of son who disrespect the people who works so hard for his wedding. They are human just like us! How many times have I told you not to let your temper get out of control!"

Cheung Chi Xue was so angry, he raised his hand and was about to slap his son for his misbehavior. When Fong Zheng's fast and swift hand caught it in time.

"Brother Cheung, I think teaching your son is the right thing to do, however, I believe that tommorow is his one happy day where you will finally get to drink the young bride's tea. Young Ping was just worried about his wedding tommorow, I think his actions can be understood and let pass. Dont you think, brother Cheung?"

Cheung Chi Xue slowly put his raised hand down and raise the other hand to stroke his mustache and think thoughtfully. He looked at his son and then look at Fong Zheng. Cheung Ping saw his father's steamed eyes and kneeled down.

"I am sorry, father! I will not let it happen again."

Cheung Chi Xue stroke his long mustache once again and then raised his son up.

"Never mind then...come and show your graditude and greet Fong Cheung Meun"

Cheung Ping went over to Fong Zheng and put his hand together and bowed his head down in respect for Fong Zheng.

"I am sorry for my misbehavior and I'm very greatful for your kind words, Fong Cheen Pui!"

"Young hero Cheung, you've said too much, anyone who is going to wed to the reknown 'Most beautiful woman in the world' must be worried for the wedding preparations to be perfect!"

"Fong cheung meun, I am so glad that you are so understanding.I must be crazy to have an argument with my son on the night before his wedding", said Cheung Chi Xue smiling as he gestured Fong Zheng to have a sit in the gazzbo and as his son sat to the right of him while Fong Zheng slowly sat across from Cheung Chi Xue.

In the maid's corridor....

Lau Hong and Yuen Jin had just placed Ah Yee in her bed and Lau Hong was just tucking her in as Yuen Jin took a teapot and sat down to serve himself some tea.

Lau Hong sat down beside Ah Yee, who was pretending to be unconcious. He continued to sit there and stare at her with curiousity.

"Sidai, staring at her ugly chicken pox face won't do you any good, if we had really met her before wouldn't we remember such an ugly face like that?" said Yuen Jin as he calmly drank his tea.

"I am trying to memorize her face so I can later draw her picture," said Lau Hong as he untucked Ah Yee and look down towards Ah Yee's hands, which seem to be clenched into a fist. He grabbed her hand and slowly unfold it. He raised it up to the light and saw how usually smooth her hands were.

"Sihing, look at her hands, they look like she hasn't done any hard work in her life and yet her hand fist before was very strong,it took me awhile to unfold it," said Lau Hong suspiciously.

Yuen Jin walked over and took Ah Yee's hand and also examined it. He looked at it for awhile and saw that his sidai was right.

"For once in your life, you're right! I wonder who she really is? She can't really be a maid with these type of hands,"said Yuen Jin.

"What do you mean 'for once in my life? I've always been right about my instincts! With that strong hold of her fist, she must know some kung fu, don't you think sihing?"

"Hmmm..." Yuen Jin paused and think carefully and looked outside the doors and saw that it was not early anymore and it was not good to be in a girl's room even if it was just a lowly maid.

"I don't know sidai, but I think we must report back to sifu and think about her later,"said Cheung Yuen Jin thoughtfully.

"You're right, we must not stay here long, I think I have her face memorize in order to draw her face and try to remember where we had seen her before...", said Lau Hong as he reluctantly followed his sihing out Ah Yee's room and slowly closed the door behind him.

------------
    Woa! That's a lot and my wrist is hurting so it's a sign for me to stop. I hope this is good enough...

Yay! Look I've finally reach my 1003 posts!! Anyways...please give me some feedback. Boy! I didn't know I would write so much like that...SPCNET I hope you're satisfied...you always hoped that there would be more contributors. I'm glad to be part of this, it's quite fun yet my wrists are getting very tired from typing so much and stuff...I hope I didn't have any errors like last tme with double words.

I simply love the turn of events.
    Goofy: I love the way you continued to develop my new character's childish innocence. That's exactly the way i imagined her to be. Innocent and unwilling to hurt people and determined to help others. Thanks

I feel like i must add something else to this story.

Writing in progress!

Ah Yee sat up and glared at the empty space that once held Lau Hong. She climbed off the bed and immediately began to wash her hands. A person like that could only cause harm with his touches she thought as she scrubbed vigorously. After she dried her hands she began to think about her mistress and their mission once again. Knowing Ah Lan, she would have at least found an opportunity to return by now. Worried, Ah Yee decided that tonight she would have to go to that secret chamber behind the storage shack to find Ah Lan. They both did not have much time left and the mission was still not fully completed. Partly relieved that she now had a goal in mind, Ah Yee settled back on her bed to rest. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that it could promise to be a long night.

Not long after Cheung Yuen Jin had reported back to his Sifu with Lau Hong, he had decided to go for a walk in the manor’s beautiful garden for a while to relax. Lau Hong had decided that he would use this time to draw the picture of the ugly maid while the memory of her unique face was still imprinted clearly in his mind. Yuen Jin was just admiring the beautiful scenery and feeling the cool breezes on his face when his sharp eyes noted a figure of a young woman emerging from a room. She was dressed in a light blue outfit and was very beautiful. Wondering if this was the famous Li Yu Mei, Yuen Jin took a step towards her. The young woman still hadn’t appeared to notice him, she was moving quickly towards the high wall, which surrounded the manor. To Yuen Jin’s immense amazement, the young woman suddenly somersaulted clear over the wall and disappeared. Yuen Jin’s first instinct was to follow her, yet he knew that if he disappeared without a trace his Sifu would be extremely worried and angry. However, there was still the importance of the situation. What was this kind of person doing here in the Sword Lake Manor? Any one of the real guests would have been capable of walking out through the front gates without being questions. Could the young woman be a spy? Waving aside all thoughts, Yuen Jin decided to risk everything and smoothly somersaulted over the high wall.

As he landed, he noticed that the young woman was quite a distance away standing in front of the lake that gave Sword Lake Manor it’s name. She was not doing anything, merely watching the lake with a clam expression on her face. Not wanting to let her know of his presence, Yuen Jin moved slowly along in the shadows and finally got close enough to observe her. He noticed that she was very young- around 16 or 17 and uniquely beautiful. Her kind of beauty radiated from the inside and was always a pleasure to look upon. Yuen Jin began to memorise her face and features so as to draw her later for his Sifu. He noted, with a feeling of curiosity a round bell in the shape of a dragon tied around her neck. Who was this young woman? What was she doing? Suddenly he began to hear the soft mutterings of the young woman’s voice, seemingly to herself. Yuen Jin moved closer as to hear them more clearly. The young woman had picked up a flower by the lake and appeared to be talking to it.

‘Ah little flower, do you think that Weird Doctor Ma will be able to cure my magic poison? What if he doesn’t manage to do so? I can’t let all those people in the Sword Lake Manor be poisoned, they could all die.’ The young woman paused. Yuen Jin was shocked; someone wanted to poison the guests of the Cheung wedding. This would include his Sifu and Lau Hong! ‘However, Li Yu Mei Jie Jie has never lied to me. Why should she? I am her little sworn sister Xiao Lung Er.’ The young woman paused once more. Yuen Jin was amused to see her listen intently to what the flower had to say. She was indeed a lot like a little child, not wanting to hurt anything and always believing in others. However, the bit of news that she had revealed sunk into him. So Li Yu Mei was not all that she seemed to be. Apparently this Xiao Lung Er was a person whom was capable of using good poison. From what she had said, it was evident that Li Yu Mei, her sworn sister had asked her to help her poison the guests at her own wedding. But why? Yuen Jin moved forward to listen and his feet scraped almost noiselessly across the grass. Xiao Lung Er had froze and immediately turned around. Her eyes widened as she saw Yuen Jin.

‘Who are you?’ She asked furiously, blushing at the same time from embarrassment at being caught talking to something that obviously couldn’t talk back. Yuen Jin stood up.

‘I am sorry Xiao Lung Er Gu Niang but all I can tell you is that I am one of the guests for the Cheung wedding along with my Sifu and Sidai.’ With that he began to leap away. However, Xiao Lung Er was quicker- this was after all her special skill- and leaping in front of him, sent a mist of sparkling gold powder towards him. Yuen Jin tried to wave the powder away with his kung fu but it was already taking affect. Xiao Lung Er watched as he began to sway back and forth and finally slumped onto the ground. As he felt his eyes begin to close and his conscious begin to escape him, he heard her say in the clear voice of hers.

‘I’m sorry, but I can’t let you tell everyone. My Li Yu Mei Jie Jie couldn’t escape then. But I promise I will not harm your Sifu and Si Dai.’

I think 'gazebo' is the right spelling.

I like that Lau Hong is so good at observing, all the more to make him as one of many (?) protagonists.

Here is my short one. (or hope it to be)

More guests kept arriving at the door. Most of them were well known throughout the martial world, and some of them were high ranked officials in the Emperor's court. The housekeeper Fok and Master Cheung were busy welcoming those distinguished personals that they didn't notice the infiltrating of three ruffians or Xiao Long.

In the middle of the northwestern forest - about two days walk from Cheung Mansion - two figures were having a bitter quarrel.

One of them, which was an old man with merry eyes, bragged in a childish way, "Old woman, I want you to know that I am the best medicine man in the world. Everyone kowtows to me to cure them. No poison in the world that I don't know about. Ha ha, you should be glad to be the wife of the distinguished Dr. Ma."

The 'Old woman' spat at him and replied angrily. "They don't call you 'Weird Dr. Ma' for nothing. Without my herbal knowledge, how can you cure anyone at all - by your powerful internal strength?"

Dr. Ma's face turned red then green then white in anger. He then suddenly laughed, "Ha, if you are so good, how come you never have any apprentices?"

His wife spat once more on the ground before retorted back, "Come to say of that, you don't have one either. So, are you going to die with all your UNIQUE kungfu? At least, I am compiling a book about herbal medicine. I'll give that to the youngster who is not as stubborn and as childish as you are."

Dr. Ma couldn't think of a good answer, so he just stomped back to his work hut.

Inside his workroom, he paced back and forth, trying to find a way to outwit his wife. Finally, he reached the decision and beamed with pleasure. Immediately, he stepped stealthily outside. After looking left and right to make sure that his wife was not around, he made haste flying through the forest with an incredible speeds.

Out of the blue, a figure of old Mrs. Ma appeared next to him. Dr. Ma looked at her and doubled his effort of running. However, Mrs. Ma would not get defeated easily, so she too increased her speed and kept paces with her husband with all her might.

After another ten, twenty minutes of running, both decided to take a rest. The old man panted while glowered at his companion. "Can't a man have his own life once in a while? One minute he goes out for a walk, and the next minute an old crone will have to go running after him. Can't you leave me in peace, Wife?

Mrs. Ma frowned back at her old man, "A walk? You don't sweat like this from just a walk, and you are heading toward the Cheung Mansion. Besides, I am not running BEHIND you. I am running along with you! Do you think I am stupid? I have been hiding and saw you left the house like a thief. You are going to the wedding of Cheung Ping after we both have decided not to go."

Dr. Ma was not going to admit this easily. He mumbled, "So, what's wrong with going there? I've been thinking over and decided that I should represent both of us. After all, Master Cheung is nice enough to send us an invitation."

His wife snorted, "I know what you are thinking. Because you want to beat me, you are going there to find an apprentice, don't you? You are not going to be the only one who will get a student. I am going there to get one too! And we'll see whose apprentice is the best."

Both people glared at each other for a moment, and they continued the rest of journey without more conversations.