Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Byung Hun

I went to Vietnam in like the year 2000 and I did notice that there were a lot more series there then in the states!!! Also they get series released out early too!!! But then again like Tweety said, the dubbing is just wacky!!! Same people dubbing more then one cahracter's voice. I wouldn't really mind it except its like one person doing the main characters so its really obvious and all you know?

You know what my favorite scene for LBH is in "Beautiful Days" Well could be considered favorite or best scene for LBH. Anyways, its when he finds out about CJW's luekimia and he goes to find her. So he brings her to eat dinner and then they go to a movie. They are watching a comedy movie I guess and LBH pulls her close to him and gets her heard to lay on his shoulders. He's all watching the movie and laughing, but you can see his sadness since he's all teary eye and crying in ways. Such a touching scene and also a wonderfully acted out scene for him!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Tweety 365,

Come down, hon. You don't want to get too mad, with the Internet nowaday, we don't know if there is any VCs lurking in to spy on us . I am absolutely agreed with you though. I rewatched the Legend of Lady Yang in summer of 2000 while I was on vacation in Vietnam. Ohmigod! I mean, there are so many college students who do not have a job there, and they couldn't find enough people to dub ?

Well, Goddess & Tweety, we need to save $$$ or win a lottery, then one of us just open a company to dub for HK, Japan & Korean series - fast & good. Plus the compensation of getting to watch them before the masses. I can just dream and smile big. That's a worthwhile daydream. Think of all the money you & me can make!

Personally, my favorite scene is when LBH was jealous of his lil' bro chatting his girl, then he scared her. Later on he wanted to make up but was too cool to express in romantic words, just drag her in the car with him. Then they ran and played with the surf, kiss; and she cooked lunch for him. Ohmigod, did you see his smile. The guy has the cutest smile ever.

Somebody, pleaseeeeee, post some scenes of Beatiful Days on this thread. If I know how to do it, I'll do that in a second!

However, the scene that Goddess described was beautiful too. Can you believe that some darn critics once told him that he's not a good actor?!

those dummies!

Hehehe, sorry, can’t help getting riled up just thinking about those VC. Simply a horrible govt they got over there .

Anyway, I would love to own a company and dub all those series and movies . And I will only dub good ones, not those crappy series that they’ve been spitting out at us poor viewers. There are so many excellent dramas just waiting to be translated. It’s a conspiracy I tell you. The average to bad dramas are cheaper to purchase the rights to, while the good dramas are relatively more expensive, but still unfair that we don’t get to see all the new dramas released .

I just recently bought the vcds for Beautiful Days and can’t wait until it arrives. So darn happy. Hope it’s as good as all the reviews say. But I must wait until my exam is over to be able to watch. I’m sure the wait will be worth it…

Mystery, here’s how to post up pictures:
    1. First you have to save the pictures on a server (for ex: angelfire.com or photopile.com). You can set up free accounts on other sites, but currently don’t have a list with me.
    2. Once you posted the pics, there will be a unique url address for the pics.
    3. In spcnet, when posting a reply, there is a “IMG” icon near the top. Click on that and paste/type in the url of the pics you want.
    4. You are now DONE

Hope my directions don’t confuse you too much.

Tweety365,

Thank you for your direction. I will try to set up an account. As soon I can, all of you will be flooded with pictures from my darling.

OHHHHHHH, - You got the VCDs for Beautiful Days, is it Viet dubbed? That's so unfair! I spent so much $$$ on stupid things and now what I really want, I cannot get.

Well, I shouldn't be jealous since there'll be a new fan for Beautiful Days. You'll love it. It's such a good series. Goddess can vouch for me.

Only, the ending could be done a little bit better. But we cannot have everything.

I do have tons of LBH pictures on my computer, but I don't have cable or DSL. Therefore, uploading large files takes FOREVER! . Plus, I'm too lazy to wait for the uploading . Will wait for all those droolicious pics you promised, Mystery.

Yes, my copy of BD is viet dubbed. I would much prefer a Korean audio version with English subtitles (as good as the subtitles done for Winter Sonata), but I've been waiting and waiting and waiting.... and no luck . So, decided to just buy the darn series since it's not available in the video rental stores around my location. Which totally sucks!

If LBH's acting is as good as in All In, I'm sure BD will be great . Since I have All In on vcds as well, I've been rewatching it just to see his cute smile. On a side note, there is one scene in All In with LBH in the shower and you get to see him in the buff. I was like . Only butt view though . He has a very cute hiney
    Last edited by tweety365; 09-23-03 at 04:37 PM.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! LBH's cute butt? Oh, I would absolutely not speak with you again if you don't post it up for us fans to admire! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Tweety365, post it up girl!

I don't have the software to capture screen shots from vcds/dvds. Sorry . You'll just have to wait till the drama gets released in Viet. Hopefully, they won't edit out that scene

But I would be very hesitant about posting nude pics up. The moderator might ban us or something like that

Oh, you can just refer to me as tweety since i know adding in the numbers can be a hassle. I only used #s because was afraid there are other tweeties around

Tweety,

I tried to register for two websites that you told me, but I have trouble with them. Do you have any other ways of posting pictures on this thread? I have DSL so download won't be a problem at all. I know I'm spoiled!

Yes, you are spoiled! I dun got the luxury of dsl . Too cheap

Okay, regarding the angelfire site, it allows you create your own website and you can store pictures there. I think you can store up to 25 MB worth of data. Anyway, follow the directions below and hopefully you'll be successful.

1. Go to http://www.angelfire.com
    2. Click on the "New Users: Sign Up" icon at the top of the page = Fill out all the information they require
    3. You have to give them a name for your website
    4. Once you have your website all set up, I think you have to log in. An email message should be sent to your email account providing your log in id and password
    5. Once you have log in, click on "Web Shell" on the left side of the screen
    6. Scroll down to "File Upload" and click on the "Browse" button. Look for the pictures you want to store.
    7. Click on the "Upload" button and it will be stored on your account. Do this for each picture
    8. If you want to get the url, scroll up and highlight the name of the file in big white box with the "Sort By" on top. Click "view"
    9. Another window will pop up. Copy the url address.

Now, hopefully, you didn't go from my wordy description. If you still can't post up pictures, my advice is to ask other more experienced members on this forum in the technical thread

Tweety, thank you for the instruction. I have to work right now so as soon as possible, I'll get right on it. When I first watch Beautiful Days, my mom was very disdainful, she thinks since it's not TVB materials, it's not worth watching. After listening to me & my sister always yacking about the series. She finally decided that she's going to watch them. And then, she just asked me to re-rent the series for her one more time. So I can drool over LBH some more. . It's a crime to be so darn beautiful!

I just noticed something though. His love interest in the movie, she looked a bit older than he is. I mean, no complaint about her acting skill, but they're really not matched at all. The prettiest girl in the series would have to be his lil' sister. What do y'all think?

You're very welcome, Mystery.

The actress playing LBH's love interest is Choi Ji Woo (think I spelled her name right). She's reported to be one of Korea's prettiest actresses. I have only seen her in Winter Sonata (Ban Tinh Ca Mua Dong). Based on the pictures from BD and after watching WS, she appeared rather plain in these two dramas. I think this is due to her makeup (or lack of it), hair, and clothing. One's appearance can totally change with the right combination . I have seen pictures of her looking really good. Heard she was absolutely gorgeous in Mr. Duke. So, I think the makeup artist wanted to make her look plain to portray the simple side of her character

Anyway, the only reason I watched WS till the very end was:
    1. The magnificent winter scenery
    2. BAE YONG JOON

He is my current obsession. This guy has sex appeal ozzing out of him. He tops my list of HOT actors

More sex appeal than our darling! Well, now you make me curious. The reason why I haven't rent Winter Sonata yet is because after reading the review on that movie. It sounds extremely depressing. The title gave it away a little bit. Did you finish WS, should I check it out? Happy ending?

Also, I will rent Mr. Duke and see if she's really gorgeous. I do believe what you said is true though. I look extremely plain, but I actually shocked my date once when I totally dressed up and have professional make-over done .

Side note: I started a thread in Open Debate on "Respect & Respect for Others' religions" I know it's a taboo because you don't get anywhere but I just want to find out about others' beliefs and have a nice discussion instead of personal attacks on "your God(s)" and "my God(s)." However, it just started and four people already told me to shut it down because they think it's a can of worm and like insults their mamas. I'm so depressed . I'll ask the moderator to close down the thread. What do you think?

Only my LBH thread make me happy and chatting with you and Goddess.

Well, like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I am totally obsessed with my honey (BYJ) . He's not drop dead handsome... there are other actors more good looking, but he possesses a very unique look and a killer smile.

I went head over heels after watching Hotelier (Khach San). This is THE drama to watch, plus there is a happy ending. Although, all fans have agreed that the ending was too abrupt. I highly, highly recommend this series. If we have similar tastes, then BYJ’s acting will blow you away. You can read my drooling comments on him in the Bae Yong Joon thread . But watch your step, there are buckets of drool everywhere.

Side note: if you rent Hotelier, you get to see his buff body in the swimming pool scene that has kept me smiling every time I re-watch. Heck, I’m smiling right now just thinking about it. Man, that guy has a nice body

WS is a very poignant drama about first love and can move you to tears. There is a somewhat happy ending. The acting by the two leads are extremely worth the rent. The music is also a plus. WS has one of the best soundtrack I’ve heard in a long time. The beginning episodes are very romantic. It slows down and becomes draggy in the middle part, but picks up again near the end. Be sure to keep a box of tissue nearby. I watched it in Korean with Eng subs so, I can get the full effect of BYJ’s romantic voice Yes, it’s sad that I’m this crazy for the guy.

I haven’t watched Mr. Duke because I’m not a fan of Choi Ji Woo and the leading guy. Don't remember his name at the moment. So, do tell me if its worth watching after you rented it.

Well, religion is a very touchy topic and arguments are more than likely to ensue. I’m Buddhist, but I’m not a die-hard follower. I try to stay away from this type of discussion to avoid any heated remarks that shouldn’t be said in the first place and hurt people’s feelings. More likely other people will hurt my feelings

Okay, since this is a LBH thread, back to topic. Have you watched any of his movies, yet? I heard Addicted is pretty good. He’s such a versatile actor that it’s always a treat seeing him in action…especially in fight scenes since he knows some martial arts. So . BYJ can’t fight as well .

Winter Sonata -- I watched it fully for my favorite man, BYJ! The first time I watched it, I like it. Second time around, it was utterly annoying, especially CJW ... I don't like the character she played and her ....

MR. DUKE - a cinderella story, except the guy is cinderella ... Honestly, the leading actor (also in Hotelier) doesn't look like a prince at all, yes, even after he has a "makeover" by wearing all of those nice suits, shoes, etc ... he still doesn't look like a prince to me. More like country pumpkin.

LBH ... a terrific actor! Read that he has done live theater before, I guess it all adds up to great acting now, huh.

WoW!!!! Mystery and Tweety having chat without Goddess in it? This is a outrage!!!!!! Lol, must join back in. Oh, you got the VCD's for Beautiful Days Tweety? Its absolutely wonderful, I still have the series here. Don't want to depart with it!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Anne, totally agree with you. WS was great first time around, but CJW, as well as other actors, can be quite annoying. Of course, this does not include BYJ . Everyone is running around in circles trying to sort out their feelings, but only end up hurting more people .

GODDESS! Where have you been?! I thought you disappeared on us . J/K, glad you're back. Regarding the BD vcds, I haven't received them yet. Just hope the guy that sold them to me didn't rip me off . I'm quite worried now. Anyways, will tell you guys when or if I get the disks and can watch the series.
    Last edited by tweety365; 09-29-03 at 03:35 PM.

Hihi, welcome back to the family Goddess! Where have you been? Too busy studying? . That's what I should do anyway.

Anne, tell me a bit more about Mr. Duke. Is he like a poor guy who falls in love with a rich girl or something?

Good luck in waiting for BD, Tweety! I am working on posting pictures of our darling right now. Goddess, want to help me?

Mystery, I read online that in Mr. Duke, the leading guy is poor and he falls for CJW's character, who is very wealthy. That's all I know. You'll have to wait for Anne to give you more info. And I also agree that he is more of a "country pumpkin" than a prince. Just doesn't have the good looks to carry the role off or charisma to make up for it.

I think I might be a bit harsh on the guy, but then again, if one is playing a charming "prince" type role, there has to be some eye candy for the viewers. Someone to drool over at least . Gee... I sound so shallow

Lee Byung Hun would be perfect for the role . He looks way
    Last edited by tweety365; 09-29-03 at 03:43 PM.

Tweety Dearest,

You're right. When it comes to Prince Charming we need to have the FACE and the CHARISMA to carry it off. Cannot imagine anyone but LBH to be Prince Charming. Although I know Tweety probably can think of another one . Prince Charming is suppose to be handsome and charming, not ugly and uncharming.

So, should I or should I not rent Mr. Duke? I don't really see an interesting story of a poor boy falls in love with a rich girl. The other way around is so much more interesting.

Well, it's no secret that my one and only love at this moment is none other than...... BAE YONG JOON

Looking at him will always bring a smile to my face. Yes, I need . Of course, this doesn't mean I have to neglect talented, droolworthy actors like LBH .

Mr Duke - you'll have to decide for yourself. Although heard the plot is very light hearted. Good if you're not in the mood to cry over a story. If you are looking for a good drama to watch... HOTELIER is THE show to rent. The swimming pool scene alone is worth the rent . You're missing out if you don't see this one.

Well, currently still waiting for my BD disks . Oh well, still have All In . I'll just pop it in and gawk over how LBH kick butt
    Last edited by tweety365; 09-30-03 at 04:23 PM.