Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Byung Hun

Hey tweety and Mystery!!!!!!
    Goddess is back once again, hehe. Yups busy with studying and homework. Too much, don't know where to begin!!

Lucky!!!! You have All In already? I don't yet, really want to watch it. LBH looks cute in there too, but I still perfer his BD hairstyle. Still haven't gotten the discs yet? Hope you recieve them soon and enjoy the series lots!!!

Ohhhhh pictures of LBH? Sure I'll help ya Mystery. First gotta find time, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I prefer his All-In hairstyle and clothes -- he looks so hot & cool!

Mr. Duke --

CJW is your typical rich girl, studying abroad and just came back to Korea. She's the daughter of a CEO of a certain company (i don't remember if he's the CEO ... but this is not important ^^)

Her father asks her to get married, therefore, he set a date for her with different guys for her to choose. She lied to her father by saying that she already has a boyfriend, she said she met him while studying abroad ....

Then her father demand that he must meet him in person, so her maid(?) is out looking for a guy who could act as CJW's boyfriend ... this is where the prince to be appear in the picture ...

KSW, he's a water-carrier ... very country-pumpkin, no class at all but has good heart.

i don't remember much of the details , but he landed the job and act as cjw's boyfriend ... at first she didn't like him, but of course, in a k-drama world, the girl later falls for the guy

in the end, they're together -- a mouth-to-mouth kiss at the airport! By the way, did i mention that i fast foward the kiss scene

Ewwwwww! I'd be fast forwarding too! K, now that is way to much info, Anne. J/K . I'm sure Mystery will appreciate that tidbit.

I haven't seen BD, but based on pics, I still prefer LBH's All In style, but must wait until I get the full effect of watching BD first.

For all LBH fans in this thread... which means just Mystery, Goddess, and Anne . Got a clip that has some scenes from All In and other promo LBH did with SHG. They look so cute and compatible together! Hope they will stay a couple for good .

http://www.leebyunghun.com/gallery/vod/section0521.asf
    Last edited by tweety365; 10-02-03 at 11:36 AM.

Anne,

Thank you so much for telling us the plot. Ewwwww , open-mouth kissed with a guy different the LBH, nah, I'm not that interested. .

Hey tweety, thanks for the clips. I noticed that he seems to smile a whole lot in All In. You will hardly see the guy cracks in BD, however the few times that he does, awhhhhhhhh! .
    I can't believe in this humonguous forum, only a few of us that have good taste . Oh well, less of LBH to split with everybody that's all!

Man, I wish we have more series of him to talk about. But hey, only BD and All In and we drag them out to 3 pages. That's pretty good! Hooray for us!

Yes, yes, let's all have a . Yeah, not too many fans for the BYJ thread either. I go on other forums to read up on him and LBH . Guess we have great tastes here

You're very welcome on the clip. Well... he really only smile when he is with SHG's character. Otherwise, he's pretty much troubled by all the bad things happening to him. Poor guy. I feel his pain . I wanted to give him a hug so badly just to see him smile again. Bottom line - his acting is damn good!
    Last edited by tweety365; 10-02-03 at 11:48 AM.

Wowie, LBH and CJW are such popular stars. Seems like I have got to see more of their series!!! Mabye its just me, but from the little series info on All In, it doens't quite interest me. Lol, another reason is I can't get LBH and CJW as a couple out of my head!! I want more of them!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Great news! I finally have an account at angelfire.com All thanks to tweety. Now I need to hunt for websites with lots of LBH's cute pictures! Keep on waiting, girls!

Ugh! I just checked out the poster for Mr. Duke. None of the guys on the cover look attractive. Let me rephrase that, they are veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy UGLY! Don't tell me one of them is actually "Mr. Duke."

tweety, I did rent Hotelier for my mom yesterday though. She got addicted to Korean dramas after BD. I didn't watch it yet just piece and pieces. I don't know girl, I never have good feeling toward guys who wear glasses. Is he gonna grow on me, your darling I mean?

*GASP* You don't like guys in specs? I find that glasses can create a very sophisticated and intelligent look. Of course, not all men can carry that off. Some just plain look geeky. Did you know that BYJ's trademark is his glasses? Yup, very popular with the ladies .

Well, what can I say , if you don't like men in specs, then you'll probably not fall for him like me . I don't know if he'll grow on you or not, but I was a goner after episode 2 . The suits, the hair, the glasses, that smile, that body . Oh, what a HUNK!

*ahem* hehehehe, sorry for rambling on and on about my honey and in the LBH thread too . Well, do tell me how you like the drama.

Regarding Mr. Duke, I didn't see any guys in there worth watching, so that's why I passed it up. Yes, I am quite shallow sometimes. No hot guys = No watch. Of course, it can't be a crappy show either. No amount of good looks can make me sit through a horribly acted, bad storyline. I will give a movie/series a try if the plot, acting, or cinematography is exceptionally good.

Yes, tweety. You was drooling. Ugh! You made this thread full of drool and for who? J/K. Well, he kind of reminds me of Alec Su. Like I said, I didn't really seat down with my caramel machiato and a fuzzy blanket to properly look at him yet so I'll let you know on Monday what I think about him.

As for Mr. Duke, wellllllllllllll....I don't think you and I are missing a whole lot. The old saying goes, "You cannot hang the pig's head and sell dog meat." Prince Charming is synonym with handsome and witty, not country or ugly. If the producer only thinks of hiring either your honey and mine (well our honey). Now that's worth watching.

those writers & producers

I swear, sometimes, you think that all that schoolings would make them a bit intelligent and sensitive to the audiences but nooooo. Anyway, I don't think we are shallow. I mean, you expect the pretties AND most talent girl to win the beauty pageant so when watching movies (which is an art form), we expect cute & talented actors. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Take our darling for example: LEE BYUNG HUN - handsome, charismatic, talent - he got them all. That's trademark of a good actor. Although if the script reads "the hunchback of notre dame," I wouldn't watch it if LBH is in there as the main character. I mean, LBH just does not go with hunchback, ya know what I mean!

Originally posted by Mystery
    Well, he kind of reminds me of Alec Su.
    Alec Su?!! Oh c'mon! BYJ towers over that little guy. Nothing against Alec, but BYJ has a more manly appearance . K, will wait for you to sit down with your fuzzy blanky and finish Hotelier.

Sure wish there are more LBH movies/series available to watch. But I think BD and All In are his better movies. Not that his acting in other series are not good (with his versatile skills as a actor I'm sure he did well), but from what I read of the storylines, not too much to my liking. His movies tend to lean toward the dark sides and I dun like that . Maybe he should try comedy or something . I'd definitely be impress with that.

Okay, tweety don't hate me, but 3 things...

(1) did not have time on the weekend to watch Hoteliers so I'll hold my judgment on that series.

(2) did see part of Winter Sonata with my mom. I have to change my opinion about CJW - she's so cute as a teenager. I thought her acting was brilliant, if I didn't watch BD first, I'll be shock to see her as a responsible sister after WS.

(3) saw your honey without his glasses. My opinion still did not improve. In a way, I have to say he looks better with his specs. I don't think I want to watch WS. May be the end. I'll watch Hotelier as soon as I find the time though.

You're right. The producers need to give LBH a chance to try out different things. With his image as the Dark Prince, I think it'll be refreshing to watch him try something light.

Is it me or does it seemed to everybody that lately that quality for Korean series improved a bit? The worst series that I watched was Models - bad lighting, bad everything.

Originally posted by Mystery
    Okay, tweety don't hate me, but 3 things...
    Don't worry... I respect other people's opinion. BYJ has a long list of adoring fans, but I know he won't be everyone's fav. To each her own .

Got great news! My BD vcds are on their way! This is the first and only time I'm buying from this source. Just hope my disks arrive soon and in good condition *fingers crossed*.

Since I'm not much of a Jang Dong Gun fan, I haven't watched Model. Heard the storyline isn't too good. I wonder if LBH's other series will be released soon. Would love to watch Happy Together...
    Last edited by tweety365; 10-06-03 at 01:23 PM.

Congratulation, tweety! . As soon as they arrived, better get right to watch them so we can discuss them. I don't want to talk too much in case you got bored before even watching them. Let me know!

In general, k-dramas before 1999 are not good - maybe it was bad make up, or maybe because we live in the year 2003 now and watching dramas in earlier years, the styles are not cool to us anymore. I try to avoid k-dramas before 1999 ^^

LBH fans, some enjoyable clips - maybe you've watched it already ^^

- this clip is mainly about song seung heon, park yong ha, and so ji sup; lbh is only a guest, he and ssh are buddies so i guess that's why he's invited to this show; and guess what - shg is a guest too !!!
    http://user.chollian.net/~hannahyu/c...womanshow2.wmv ( 25.7 mb)

- this clip features lbh and ssh; talks about their lives -- vey enjoyable!!
    http://user.chollian.net/~kondo73/callacafe/khsshow.wmv (12.7 mb) -- below is the translation to this clip

Kim He Soo (KHS) asked several questions to both SSH and Lee byung hun.
    I translated some of SH and BH's answers.
    The main theme of the talk was about love. The KHS show was famous for small, friendly, and witty talk.
    This show also went very well since both SH and BH have very good sense of humor.^^

1. About love…..
    SH: I can die for her, if I am really in love with her.

2. Which do you prefer when you saw woman? Nice body shape or face?
    SH: Body, Body shape is more important

3. If you say nice body shape, Which type do you prefer?
    without a word, SH just look at Kim He Soo and pointed her. (Crowd, big Laugh)
    *KHS is famous for her glamorous look.
    KHS says with smile that “you have a very good eye for a beauty”
    Then asked same question to BH.
    BH: I also want to hear that I have a good eye for a beauty. (big laugh)

4. Which do you prefer, very very nice, good girl or very very pretty girl?

BH’s answer: I like a girl with nice character rather than pretty face. For a long time friendship, nice character is more important.
    KHS talks back to BH " For short time relation ships?"^^
    SH’s quick answer: A girl with nice body shape. (Big Laugh)

They both want to be in love with a woman who can be also a friend.
    (A woman who can share their feelings and communicate each other.)

5. I saw your CF , you choose coffee can instead of a chance for a kiss with pretty girl. Can you understand him?

SH: Oh, No, I can’t understand. That’s impossible..(very serous but, with laugh) No way.. (it means he will kiss her rather than drirking a coffee ^^)

6. About swim suit, do you prefer bikini or one-piece type?
    They both like a girl in one-piece swim suit. It covers more….^^
    They don’t want to see too much..^^

7.How do you guys become friends?

When they work together, SH first talk to LBH (LBH was already very famous star at that time) “I like you and look up to you (as brother).” LBH said that now we are friend. And later on, they swear to be brother (sworn brother). Later, Lim Chang Jeong (he is also very good friend of BH) was also joined the brother club.

8. KHS joked about the sworn brother thing-how did you swear to be brother? did you guys cut your fingers and took your blood or something?
    BH: Do we look like Indians? (laugh)

9. How do you think about your relationships with BH?
    SH: We trust each other. I can do almost anything for him. For example, evenif he become a criminal and become a fugitive, I will give him a place to hide.
    KHS: You shouldn't talk about it publically in TV . The police will go to your place at first to find BH.^^(Laugh)

BH talks about one episode.
    Once they run into gangsters. BH confronted with the gangters, but SH did not help BH, instead of being a help, he was keep shouting from far away. (big laugh)
    BH said he really thanks SH for the shouting (evenif SH was not there for him)at that time. and BH also mentioned that LIm Chang Jeong was there too when they met the gangsters.
    But BH nerver sees him ever since..(Laugh)

10. Do you guys are being competitive each other?
    For this question, they talk a lot,
    but basically, they do compete each other.
    Especially when they work out together at the health club or when they play sports games.
    I think that BH's character is very competitive (and SH as well ).
    There was a funny episode too, but I'll skip it.

10. Last part
    SH said that he just finished "calla", the movie.
    source: callacafe.net

I'm totally with you, anne. Dramas prior to 1999 doesn't seem to interest me. Even BYJ's older shows don't look too good. Thanks so much for providing the links to those clips . They are hilarious, even though I can't understand a word they're saying, the actions are still funny. Will have to go to my cousin's house to d/l. My modem's too slow to handle large files. Really wish I understand Korean though...

Anne, this is what's I am talking about. A LBH thread needs to have news and pictures of him, instead of us drooling over him. Not that drooling is not good. Just let tweety and me know that we're not the only 2 crazy ones out there .

As always, I have the resource to post pictures, but I still need to learn bit more about posting picture before you can see them.

Gosh, mystery, ya still can't post pics? . Hehehehe J/K, take your time. Since there aren't many LBH supporters for this thread, I don't think anyone minds.

Regarding All In, found a clip of Park Yong Ha singing the theme song live:

http://www.leebyunghun.com/gallery/a...20030327_2.wmv

Enjoy....

Wow, everybody is on a roll. That makes me feel so ashamed that this thread starter had do nothing to contribute. Anyway, since I'm internet illiterate, just have to depend on you guys (beloved fans of LBH) to keep the thread going.

'luck tweety on getting BD VCDs!