Thread: Taking screen caps

Default Taking screen caps

Would someone show me how to do it pls? I have Power DVD in my comp. I tried to do it before (by clicking on the screen cap icon), it didnt work for me. Maybe there're some more steps that I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Screen captures?

There should be a "Print Screen Sys Rq" button on your keyboard. Decide on what you want to capture, press that button, paste it onto Microsoft Word. That should work.
    玉木宏

blog

To add to what Junny said, before you post the image to word you could also edit the image in your Microsoft Paint or other picture editing tool you have to cut out the border and the toolbars etc from that print screen function.

Then you would have a clear and professional looking screen shots.

I dont know what is wrong with your DVD player, but all i have to do is click on the capture button and i got the screen cap. Do you have Window XP? or something else?
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Using PowerDVD...

Right click on the Capture Screen button. A list of options will appear. If it haven't already been selected, choose Capture to Clipboard or something like it. Now click on the Capture Screen button.

Open Microsoft Paint (either searching through the Start menu or going to run and typing in mspaint). Go to Edit -> Paste and the picture should appear. From there, save it.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Thanks a lot for all of your help. I really appriciated it

I'll try it tonight to see how it works for me. I'll get back to you soon if any problem happens.

I believe screen captures don't work on movies. I forget the exact reason, but I think it has something to do with the way windows is rendered. It's been many years since my Visual Basic days....

Originally posted by CrazyT
    Using PowerDVD...

Right click on the Capture Screen button. A list of options will appear. If it haven't already been selected, choose Capture to Clipboard or something like it. Now click on the Capture Screen button.

Open Microsoft Paint (either searching through the Start menu or going to run and typing in mspaint). Go to Edit -> Paste and the picture should appear. From there, save it.
    I am a bit dunce, so bear with me. This is something I do have problem with.

1. How do you find clipboard files?

2. Do you need to pause the certain scene before doing screen cap?

3. for XP what is different between moviemaker program and another cd burning tool? I see so many tools that I hardly know which to use.

4. how do you create layers in image/photo management program, not necessary in photoshop but in general term?

5. how do you burn the themevideo or even rip the themesong from the themevideo (like taping cassette from vdo tape or taping tape from tape)???

thanks in advance for any advice from expert out there......

*** Note: I wouldn't mind if this topic is moved to Academia since this is not strictly forum techno issue related....
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

I use Windvd.. seems like working fine to me.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Mike Liu
    I believe screen captures don't work on movies. I forget the exact reason, but I think it has something to do with the way windows is rendered. It's been many years since my Visual Basic days....
    that's because with today's video cards, the images get processed by the video memory directly rather than the system memory. so you can't capture the image if the hardware acceleration is on. you will have to turn that off first.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Oi...More help please please!!!!

Ok, I took screen caps pics and saved them in my computer successfully. Now, I want to post them in my post, how can I do that? Do I need to get a hosting web to upload my pics? Do you guys know any URL? And what steps do I need to do to upload it? (I know in order to upload it, you have to provide the address of your pics, where do I get that address from?)

Please bare w/ my ignorance . Thanks million

wait wait wait

so you play the vcd first? but then how do you take a screen cap>? me so lost
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

carol, do u use PowerDVD? well you play the VCD and then when u want to take the cap (at the right moment ofcorz ) you press the camera button kehe.. unless u use another program.. then i dunno
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]