Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

Originally posted by Melanie
    kidd: Oops! I guess I forgot what I wrote in the beginning of the story regarding Ka Wing! Which chapter did I say Ka Wing shielded Sui Han from his mother? I will go back and correct it. My intention is for Ka Wing to be an orphan when he met Sui Han. With both being orphans, they bonded and treated each other like siblings. And Ka Wing is suppose to be blessed with brute strength, not internal energy, since he does not know martial arts...yet. Using brute force, he could probably hold Ho Man down for a very short while, but would get overpowered very quickly. Which chapter are you on, kidd? I can't seem to figure out where you are, since you pop in and out so sporadically.
    The part where Sui Han said Ka Wing shielded her from his mother is near the end of Chapter 2.
    I'm up to Chapter 31.

hi mel! gilbert had only abt 4 appearance in looking back in anger. yes, he's young then. his hair is a bit wavy, i think. typical early 90s look. his clothing, eh, white coat, white pants, white shoes i think, all white. at first he's really one successful guy, but very arrogant. then in his last two appearances, until he died, he wore quite faded pants and not so good-looking t-shirt. he's supposed to have become broke due to his arrogance.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

A very young Gilbert appeared in "The Breaking Point" as a diamond smuggler who double crossed his own boss and blamed Maggie Siu for it instead.

He seemed very different from what he is today. I think he looks better now than he used to!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

really? so he started off as a tvb actor? i always thought he started off as an atv actor. i guess that's where he gained bigger roles
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Smile

kidd: Thanks, I will correct that inconsistency.

cherrie: Yup, I heard Gilbert Lam was in various TVB dramas before he switched over to ATV, where he got larger roles...deservedly so.

charby: I have Breaking Point! Which episode does Gilbert appear in??? I want to go back and watch it!

CHAPTER 44 --- THREE STANCES

Chapter 44 is currently being revised. Please check back for updates. If you wish to be notified about updates on this story or on my other story (Legendary Book - The Prequel), please go to Cloud Manor and choose the "follow blog" option. I also welcome comments, gentle nagging for quicker updates, etc. Thank you for reading.

hey melanie, is breaking point good? im thinking of renting it sometime
    cherrie

Smile

cherrie: Yup, Breaking Point is good. I don't want to spoil the serial for you, so I won't give you a summary, unless you want one.

CHAPTER 45 --- RUNNING IN CIRCLES

Chapter 45 is currently being revised. Please check back for updates. If you wish to be notified about updates on this story or on my other story (Legendary Book - The Prequel), please go to Cloud Manor and choose the "follow blog" option. I also welcome comments, gentle nagging for quicker updates, etc. Thank you for reading.

Melanie, can I play, 'Let's shoot the Blue Executioner"?

Anyway, Gilbert is around episode 37-38 of Breaking Point (the ep when Maggie reappars). Trust me! You won't miss him!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Cool

You don't like Blue Executioner too much, do you, charby? I am going to take out my auntie's old tapes of Breaking Point! Can't wait to see Gilbert Lam back when he was an extra. Wonder what he looked like back then?

i really hope you don't kill frankie and steven. btw, where is steven? still travelling with ada?
    have u seen coincidentally? i think you would not have the heart to kill frankie because he's sooo cute in coincidentally
    cherrie

You don't like Blue Executioner too much, do you, charby? I am going to take out my auntie's old tapes of Breaking Point! Can't wait to see Gilbert Lam back when he was an extra. Wonder what he looked like back then?
    Quite pale and skinny. He looks much healthier (and more handsome) now!

Anyway, my guess is that Lai Ming isn't really dead!

the Blue Executioner for dilating his pupils at Siu Han and Gong Yu!
    Cyril Connolly

on the contrary, i think lai ming is really dead considering we have a quite heartless author
    why don't we take blue executioner's eyes? btw, how do you dilute pupils?
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    on the contrary, i think lai ming is really dead considering we have a quite heartless author
    why don't we take blue executioner's eyes? btw, how do you dilute pupils?
    Other than to a decrease in light in the surroundings, the pupils have one other physiological stimulus for dilating, which is ... erhm.....
    Cyril Connolly

uh....i think we should go and ask the author (*runs to melanie* MELANNNIIIEEEEE!)
    cherrie

Talking

Imagine me innocently clicking onto this thread and then reading charby and cherrie's comments... I didn't realize Blue Executioner's dilating pupils have become such an issue. I am surprised kidd has not jumped onto the bandwagon to wag her finger at me.

Let's just let the other stimulus that could cause pupils to dilate remain...ahem...unmentioned... Blue Executioner is in a dark cell and he is a rapist. So use your imagination, ladies.

So cherrie thinks I am heartless, huh? Maybe Steven will be my next victim.

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pleeaseee..... (*timidly looks up at the GREAT author)
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pleeaseee..... (*timidly looks up at the GREAT author)
    That's more like it.

If you must know, this author is not so great after all. My email box has recently been jammed with many Kristy supporters in various states of temperments offering their opinions on how the ending scene for chapter 45 should proceed.

you mean they teach you what to write?!
    cherrie

Talking

No... I may be open to suggestions, but my readers cannot sway my plot once my mind is set. It's more or less wielding the power of the pen. What I mean is that I get lots of email which basically contain this message:

"Kill Blue Executioner! I hate him! I hate him!"

All chapters in this story are a product of my imagination alone and have not been copied, or else I would have given credit where credit is dued.

No... I may be open to suggestions, but my readers cannot sway my plot once my mind is set. It's more or less wielding the power of the pen. What I mean is that I get lots of email which basically contain this message:

"Kill Blue Executioner! I hate him! I hate him!"

All chapters in this story are a product of my imagination alone and have not been copied, or else I would have given credit where credit is dued.
    Same here.
    I don't even want to write anymore since I have so much hatemail accumulated in my mailbox. I have people threatening to boycott my stories if it doesn't end the way they want it to.

I have had bombardments of swear-word-filled messages on 100 reasons why Louis Koo should be in the Green Silk Triology. Imagine how many times people have told me to kill off HXF and add another dashing character in ot compete for a girl, then just to be killed off for no reason (except that the main guy should get the girl). (Someone once told me to add YG in somewhere )

Even worse, I have had perverts try to persuade me into writing R-rated scenes and complaints for more sexy girls (??? ).

I agree with you Melanie, if you change the plot for your story, then it would be their story that you are writing, and not your own. If they don't like it, let them write one themsleves.

It is natural to feel dislike/like towards a character when reading a story, but to request the instant death of a character without much contribution to the plot is just insane, and an insult to the author's work.

(hehe. Melanie, I said I want to shoot the BE, not telling you to kill him off! )

Anyway, when is the next update?
    Cyril Connolly