Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1255

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

If you're looking for the flashback story with Wallace Chung and Sun Fei Fei, it has been removed from the original Legendary Book story and has been expanded into a prequel story. Please click below to read my new fanfic. Thank you for reading.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Is this not in chronological order?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Is this not in chronological order?
    It's chronological order from Chapter 86 (The Alliance), after Sit Chung Nam kidnapped Black Rose, dropped her off at Floating Cloud Sect, then went off to Mount Heavenly Crane to negotiate an alliance with the orthodox clans. Have I confused everyone again? Maybe I should just re-organize the last few chapters to achieve better flow... Suggestions?

Maybe I should just reorganize the last 3 chapters a bit and put everything in chronological order. It shouldn't take too much time, and I think it would clear up some of the confusion that keeps popping up. It's better done now than later, when more chapters are added and more confusion arises.

Edit
    All right, I just went back and removed Chapters 86, 87, and 88. I will be editing them and rearranging the events to hopefully achieve a better flow. This might take a while depending on how much free time I have, so please be patient.

double posting

Just wondering, is Black Rose the only female in the bandit camp? Where are the other women? Is SCN not afraid that someone would rape his wife while he is gone because she is defenceless and surrounded by men who lust after her?

Otherwise, nice chapter, Mel. SCN seems to be only weak before her and no one else. I do like this cheeky side of Black Rose in how she teases SCN.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Charby, I think SCN is betting on the fact that the bandits value their own lives more than satisfying their lustful intents on SCN's woman. Plus, he can't be around her 24/7, so he must delegate bodyguard duties.

Yup, already seen them. They are safely downloaded and tucked away in my external hard drive
    But I don't mind seeing them again . Thanks Mel!
    Last edited by tweety365; 08-31-11 at 01:41 PM.

Just wondering, is Black Rose the only female in the bandit camp? Where are the other women? Is SCN not afraid that someone would rape his wife while he is gone because she is defenceless and surrounded by men who lust after her?
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Charby, I think SCN is betting on the fact that the bandits value their own lives more than satisfying their lustful intents on SCN's woman. Plus, he can't be around her 24/7, so he must delegate bodyguard duties.
    Yup, tweety answered the question nicely for me. SCN has been leading his band of thieves for years, and his men understand his temperament very well. While they are murderers and shady personalities themselves, the bandits have a healthy dose of fear and respect for their leader, as they all know that behind SCN's handsome, gentlemanly facade lies a very dangerous and ruthless man. As much as they desire a beautiful woman like Black Rose, they value their lives even more and would not jeopardize their own safety by trying to steal SCN's woman.

Regarding whether Black Rose is the only woman in the bandit camp, the answer is yes. I've actually given this issue some thought even before I planned Black Rose's kidnapping. I briefly thought about inserting a few minor female characters into the story as bandit "groupies," who served as female companions for the bandits. I even thought about giving SCN a concubine/bandit groupie, as he was certainly not celibate before meeting Black Rose. However, I later decided against this. First, adding too many characters, however minor, would complicate a side story I was trying to wrap up in only a few chapters. Second, when I created SCN's character, I intended for him to be a very shrewd and focused man who was not easily distracted by a woman, unless she was incomparably unique and stunningly beautiful (like Black Rose). Such a man would not like to have random females meandering about his camp, getting into jealous cat fights and stirring up trouble amongst his men. Just like in the olden days when women were not welcomed in military camps for fear that the soldiers would wile away their time in a woman's company rather than fight, SCN did not wish for his men to be distracted by permanent female companions on Floating Cloud Summit. Of course, when the band looted during their numerous raids, the bandits were allowed to rape as they please, but they must leave the women behind (by killing them) once it was time to return to Floating Cloud Summit. Black Rose was SCN's one exception to the rule, of course, as she was so heavenly that he wished to keep her. After all, she was purported to be so enchanting that many thought she was a fairy disguised as a mortal. No matter how strict SCN was, he was a man with healthy desires, and therefore susceptible to such otherworldly beauty. Unfortunately for him, when rules are broken, disaster tends to follow...

Otherwise, nice chapter, Mel. SCN seems to be only weak before her and no one else. I do like this cheeky side of Black Rose in how she teases SCN.
    Thanks! I enjoyed writing about how Black Rose outsmarted SCN very much. I'm tired of demure, docile heroines. If SCN is determined to take Black Rose as his bride, then he better be prepared for a very wild ride. You're the second person to like Black Rose. The other person is Crystal, who mentioned that Black Rose sort of reminded her of Sui Han. (Tweety, on the other hand, is too enamored of SCN to even notice poor Black Rose. )

Speaking of Crystal, I would like to acknowledge her help and thank her for generously taking the time to help me proofread Chapter 85 - Chung Nam Shadowless Swords. I have gone back to that chapter and have made the corrections she suggested. Thanks, Crystal!

Smile

Have you seen this MV, tweety? It has one of your favorite couples, Tavia and Raymond. Plus, there's Wallace Chung and I think I see Vincent Jiao.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/jPQK2_WQ39I/

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Have you seen this MV, tweety? It has one of your favorite couples, Tavia and Raymond. Plus, there's Wallace Chung and I think I see Vincent Jiao.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/jPQK2_WQ39I/
    Thanks for sharing, Mel. I usually don't go on tudou because everything is in Chinese, so I haven't seen this MV. It's quite well done. The clips of my beloved Vincent are from the prequel to Lotus Lantern. Unfortunately, it has not been English subbed or dubbed in Viet yet . I really want to see it too.

Smile

Hey, tweety, did you know that Vincent Jiao and SFF costarred in a recent 2010 series called 等到胜利那一天 (loosely translated as "Waiting For The Day When Victory Comes")?! Have you seen this series yet?

Check out the MV:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ04R...eature=related

How would you feel if SCN were Vincent Jiao rather than Wallace Chung? As the author, I still think I would have an easier time picturing SCN with Wallace's face, since I love him more than Vincent Jiao right now.

How do you feel about a Vincent Jiao-SFF pairing vs a Wallace Chung-SFF pairing?

Did I hear someone ask for pretty pics?
    Cyril Connolly

Did I hear someone ask for pretty pics?
    Pretty pics? Of whom? No weird pics allowed here, charby, unless they are hot pics of Wallace Chung. Or I wouldn't mind more SFF-Wallace Chung posters for my story, since they are the focus of the story for the moment.

Pretty pics? Of whom? No weird pics allowed here, charby, unless they are hot pics of Wallace Chung. Or I wouldn't mind more SFF-Wallace Chung posters for my story, since they are the focus of the story for the moment.
    Pretty pics for you poster!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/Gadget_the_pug_expressive_eyes.jpg/800px-Gadget_the_pug_expressive_eyes.jpg')
    Last edited by charbydis; 09-04-11 at 02:24 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Argh! Take that pic off! It's horrible! Please!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/you_make_bunny_cry.jpg')
    Cyril Connolly

Much happier with the cute, furry animal pictures. Is the bunny yours? There's a bunny who lives at the outdoor mall I frequently go to. He's always there nibbling at the grass. He's really cute and I always look for him when I go to that mall.

Much happier with the cute, furry animal pictures. Is the bunny yours? There's a bunny who lives at the outdoor mall I frequently go to. He's always there nibbling at the grass. He's really cute and I always look for him when I go to that mall.
    Nope. Not mine! Found it on the net.

When are you going on holidays again? Very bored.
    Cyril Connolly

The minute you leave on your holiday, I will spam your thread with pretty pics!
    Cyril Connolly