Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1255

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

Actually, I've long enjoyed your story based on the characters, good writing, and plot. The actor/actress give the character a face so I can remember the story better. It's also nice to fantasize about one of my fav couples together in such a good story. But had you used someone else instead of SFF, it wouldn't make me dislike Black Rose. However, I would not have the inspiration to make you the previous poster and the current work-in-process poster. Take Raymond/Selena for example. Had you paired Raymond and Tavia together, I would most likely have made a poster with them.

Btw, not to get you excited, but I think my work-in-process poster is my best work yet. I've learned a few new skills and really like the pics I've choosen. I'm usually quite lazy, but my love for this couple has given me a boost in energy and drive. I should be done with it tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Actually, I've long enjoyed your story based on the characters, good writing, and plot. The actor/actress give the character a face so I can remember the story better. It's also nice to fantasize about one of my fav couples together in such a good story. But had you used someone else instead of SFF, it wouldn't make me dislike Black Rose. However, I would not have the inspiration to make you the previous poster and the current work-in-process poster. Take Raymond/Selena for example. Had you paired Raymond and Tavia together, I would most likely have made a poster with them.
    Thanks, tweety. When I write about SCN and Black Rose, I just imagine Wallace Chung's face when I get to the SCN parts, but strangely enough, I don't imagine SFF's or any other actress' face when thinking about Black Rose. I don't know why that is. However, lately, I have also been leaving out Wallace's face when I write about SCN. I think it is because, in my mind, SCN has acquired his very own identity, separate from Wallace Chung.

Back when I first introduced Ray and Selena's characters into the story, I had no idea you preferred Ray with Tavia, or else I would have made that accommodation for you. I like Ray and Selena together, but I'm not a die hard fan, so it wouldn't have mattered to me if he is with Selena or with Tavia.

Btw, not to get you excited, but I think my work-in-process poster is my best work yet. I've learned a few new skills and really like the pics I've choosen. I'm usually quite lazy, but my love for this couple has given me a boost in energy and drive. I should be done with it tomorrow .
    How can you pop such news on me and tell me not to be excited?! Thanks, tweety! I didn't expect you to finish the poster that quickly! I just asked for it yesterday! But it'll be perfect, because the poster should be up while the SCN/Black Rose chapters are up.

I went back and looked at the chapters in the story and realized that SCN and Black Rose had dominated a full 5 chapters already! Well, worst case scenario is that I will have to extend the story to 110 chapters so that I don't have to rush the ending.

Hope you like the new poster, Mel. Let me know if you want to change anything. I’m very excited that I learned some new skills and can now use the blend technique better in photoshop !

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/lbwsff.jpg/
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3237/lbwsff.jpg')

Btw, I also had the time to revise an old poster I made years ago. I was never happy with the end product. I wasn’t able to find a good picture of Ekin and Frankie. Finally, I can scratch this off my things-to-do list

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/lbrevise.jpg/
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4631/lbrevise.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I didn't expect you to finish the poster that quickly! I just asked for it yesterday!
    Given the right inspiration, I can be a very productive little bird

I'm not sure if you can read Chinese, but if you can't, check out the link below for the translation of the characters in the poster.
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/c...characters.jpg

Smile

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I LOVE THE NEW POSTER!!!!!!

Thanks, tweety, for making me the new poster and for revising the old one. I want to talk about the new poster!

While your other Wallace Chung-SFF poster is wonderful, I think this new one far surpasses your first work. Wallace's hair in the first poster really bothers me, which has nothing to do with your poster-making skills. This new poster fits the Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose characters perfectly! The brooding, pensive look on Wallace's face as he sits and meditates simply screams Sit Chung Nam! That is so him! SFF appears so quietly elegant and melancholy in that image on the left that it's almost a bit heartbreaking. She has this almost ethereal quality about her. I think that center image of SFF resting her head on Wallace's chest, she shyly looking up at him while he glances down at her, is so sweet. It sort of reminds me of this scene I'm writing right now for the next chapter. (Thanks for obscuring Wallace's bad hair in that center pic. ) Finally, I love the background with the crisscrossing swords and Chinese characters. It has such a wuxia feel to it. The muted colors with touches of oranges and reds also give the whole setting an intimate, candlelit atmosphere, perfect for a pair of lovers.

I got so excited about the poster that I immediately posted it up at winglin.

Again, thanks, tweety!

By the way, tweety, I shared your new Wallace Chung-SFF poster in the Wallace Chung thread. I hope you don't mind. I really need all the help I can get to collect more readers.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    I LOVE THE NEW POSTER!!!!!!
    I got so excited about the poster that I immediately posted it up at winglin.

Again, thanks, tweety!
    I’m glad you like this poster as much as I do. I didn’t like Wallace’s hair in the last poster either.

One challenge in making good posters/wallpapers is finding the right pictures. It took some time to find all the pictures to use for this poster, but I think the end result is worth all my effort. However, the biggest problem I have in working with photoshop is the techniques for blending and creating layers. I’ve always had a difficult time utilizing these tools. Most of the time, I have these images that I want to create, but due to my limited skills, the projects don’t come out right.

The previous posters I made for you just don’t have that wuxia feel I wanted, but it was the best I could do at the time. The meaning of the Chinese characters seem to fit the story as well. Hence, I’m very happy and excited that everything came out just as I envisioned.

By the way, tweety, I shared your new Wallace Chung-SFF poster in the Wallace Chung thread. I hope you don't mind. I really need all the help I can get to collect more readers.
    No problem. I'm more than happy to help out in any way possible.

tweety -

I think your most recent poster shows tremendous improvement! I don't know anything about making posters, although I should try my hand at it, given that I have an Apple computer. Aren't Apple computers best for graphic design and artistic endeavors? Anyway, back to your poster. Yes, it definitely has a very wuxia feel to it this time. No one could be more pleased than I with how your poster turned out, since I'm so gaga over Wallace Chung right now. Not only does it have a wuxia feel, the pictures fit the characters in the story very well. I also think the Chinese characters and their meanings are a nice touch. Thanks for making this poster in record time! Now, I will be able to use it for the flashback story!

By the way, I posted your new poster in the SFF thread as well in hopes of getting more readers. Wow, SFF's thread has not been updated since forever! Doesn't she have any fans at this forum, other than you and me?

I have a PC, but I also heard Apple computers are good for graphics. You should definitely give photoshop a try if you have the time .

SFF has a lot of fans on her Chinese forums. Many do not know English . So we are alone

I have a PC, but I also heard Apple computers are good for graphics. You should definitely give photoshop a try if you have the time .

SFF has a lot of fans on her Chinese forums. Many do not know English . So we are alone
    You'd be surprised how many Chinese fans can read English fairly well but just don't know how to write in English. Therefore, they just ignore the English forums. Do you visit SFF's Chinese forums? I have been to Wallace's Chinese forums a few times and used Google Translate to translate the comments posted by members there. But after a while, it was too time consuming, so I gave up and came back to spcnet to resume talking to myself on Wallace's thread here.

You should post your poster at Wallace and SFF's Chinese forums. They may not want to read my English story, but a picture transcends all language barriers. I'm sure they will enjoy looking at your poster.

I might just give photoshop a try, once I have more time. I think I have to purchase the software for the program, right? I wonder how much it is...

Right now, I'd rather concentrate on finishing up my story. It's my lifetime goal to complete the story satisfactorily.

I've ventured into SFF's Chinese websites before, but the sites often take a long time to load and like you said, Google Translate is very time consuming. Plus, the translations are very rough and most of the time, I don't understand the discussion. I can save pictures and that is about it.

Photoshop programs can be quite expensive. At the minimum, around $100. The really advance ones costs over $300. But don't worry, I can make a copy of my version and mail it to you . Just holler when you need it.

I've ventured into SFF's Chinese websites before, but the sites often take a long time to load and like you said, Google Translate is very time consuming. Plus, the translations are very rough and most of the time, I don't understand the discussion. I can save pictures and that is about it.

Photoshop programs can be quite expensive. At the minimum, around $100. The really advance ones costs over $300. But don't worry, I can make a copy of my version and mail it to you . Just holler when you need it.
    Is your photoshop software compatible with Mac computers OS X version 10.6.8?

I've updated the first page of my story to include all posters. Check out all the story posters that readers have created for me throughout the years! Thanks to HaoMei, tweety, and hannie!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...ll=1#post16219

Hmmmm, I don't know. I lost the package a long time ago and only have the disc. Let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to you.

Smile

Hmmmm, I don't know. I lost the package a long time ago and only have the disc. Let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to you.
    Ok, thanks, tweety. Maybe we can meet and you can give me the copied disc instead of mailing it to me.

I'll be back when I have the next chapter done.

Sorry, error...

I have photoshop 7.0, which was released in 2002. It's quite ancient, but it gets the work done on my old windows XP pc. Anyway, I looked up the operating systems compatible with the program: http://www.ehow.com/list_7257451_sys...oshop-7_0.html

It appears this program is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7. I have W7 on my laptop and it's true, it won't work. I only use photoshop on my pc . So do you have a computer running on an older operating system?

I have photoshop 7.0, which was released in 2002. It's quite ancient, but it gets the work done on my old windows XP pc. Anyway, I looked up the operating systems compatible with the program: http://www.ehow.com/list_7257451_sys...oshop-7_0.html

It appears this program is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7. I have W7 on my laptop and it's true, it won't work. I only use photoshop on my pc . So do you have a computer running on an older operating system?
    I have an older Macintosh laptop running on OS X 10.4.

Anyway, I have a question regarding my story. I know we've decided on Yan Kuan for the role of Kuk Wai. And I know it'll be a short role, anyway, but Yan Kuan's bad boy looks does not really fit Kuk Wai's character. Plus, that would make him too similar to SCN, who's also a bad boy character. Since Kuk Wai has only been mentioned in passing and hasn't really made an appearance yet, do you think it would be ok to change the casting for him? I'm thinking of Wallace Huo, who has the goody, heroic look about him.

I have an older Macintosh laptop running on OS X 10.4.
    Ok, that sounds good. I'll make a copy for your when we meet up.

Anyway, I have a question regarding my story. I know we've decided on Yan Kuan for the role of Kuk Wai. And I know it'll be a short role, anyway, but Yan Kuan's bad boy looks does not really fit Kuk Wai's character. Plus, that would make him too similar to SCN, who's also a bad boy character. Since Kuk Wai has only been mentioned in passing and hasn't really made an appearance yet, do you think it would be ok to change the casting for him? I'm thinking of Wallace Huo, who has the goody, heroic look about him.
    No! You can't do that

Ok, that sounds good. I'll make a copy for your when we meet up.
    Thanks.

No! You can't do that
    I can't get rid of Yan Kuan and replace him with Wallace Huo for the character of Kuk Wai? Wow, I didn't realize you felt that strongly about Yan Kuan.