Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1255

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    How about "The Adventures of the Bandit with No Pants"?

BTW, hate men!
    Some guy ticked charby off at work today?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Some guy ticked charby off at work today?
    Someone tried to matchmake me again!

Hate men!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Haha, I am starting to like Chi Chi as I read chapter 4. She was enthusiastic about almost everything.

Someone tried to matchmake me again!
    That's suppose to be good, right? It means the matchmaker thinks you're eligible bachelorette material, or else he/she wouldn't attempt to matchmake.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Haha, I am starting to like Chi Chi as I read chapter 4. She was enthusiastic about almost everything.
    Yes, Chi Chi is a reader favorite. Almost all readers like her more than Sui Han. I'm glad Chi Chi has charmed you. Thank you.

That's suppose to be good, right? It means the matchmaker thinks you're eligible bachelorette material, or else he/she wouldn't attempt to matchmake.
    I hate matchmaking! I think it is degrading and annoying! If I wanted a boyfriend, then I would go out and get one. I hate surprise dates organised by a thrid party! I feel disrespected when I find out at the table that this is a matchmaking dinner.

Yes, Chi Chi is a reader favorite. Almost all readers like her more than Sui Han. I'm glad Chi Chi has charmed you. Thank you
    There is still not yet a female character that I would actually say I liked. I want my Blue Executioner!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I hate matchmaking! I think it is degrading and annoying! If I wanted a boyfriend, then I would go out and get one. I hate surprise dates organised by a thrid party! I feel disrespected when I find out at the table that this is a matchmaking dinner.
    Oh... I didn't realize the matchmaking you were referring to is a surprise dinner. I find that quite disrespectful, too. So who's the meddling matchmaker? Maybe you can gently hint to the matchmaker that you are perfectly capable of hooking and reeling in your own man.

There is still not yet a female character that I would actually say I liked. I want my Blue Executioner!
    You're a bit of a tough audience. I guess you don't even like Idy Chan's character?

You're a bit of a tough audience. I guess you don't even like Idy Chan's character?
    I like many of your female characters .*hint hint* Don't kill them all off.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I like many of your female characters .*hint hint* Don't kill them all off.
    But sometimes, a bittersweet conclusion has a greater impact on the readers than a cliched happy one. I won't kill everyone off, as that would be too gloomy. But I can't have everyone living happily ever after as a couple, either, or the story will turn into one of those dramas with stupid endings where everyone is smiley. Tell you what, tweety. I'll compromise. I won't kill everyone, but some couples will have to go their separate ways.

By the way, I just might use your title suggestion for the prequel. It's simple and makes it obvious to readers that it's the prequel to this story.

But sometimes, a bittersweet conclusion has a greater impact on the readers than a cliched happy one. I won't kill everyone off, as that would be too gloomy. But I can't have everyone living happily ever after as a couple, either, or the story will turn into one of those dramas with stupid endings where everyone is smiley. Tell you what, tweety. I'll compromise. I won't kill everyone, but some couples will have to go their separate ways.
    If the happy ending makes sense and fit with the storyline, I don't see any problems. What I hate most is killing characters just to make it "memorable" when the characters don't need to die. But I have confidence in your writing, Mel

By the way, I just might use your title suggestion for the prequel. It's simple and makes it obvious to readers that it's the prequel to this story.
    Hey, it may be simple, but it works, LOL...

If the happy ending makes sense and fit with the storyline, I don't see any problems. What I hate most is killing characters just to make it "memorable" when the characters don't need to die. But I have confidence in your writing, Mel
    Well, I'm not saying that everyone will die or separate. And there will be one well-loved couple who will make it to the happily ever after stage. This I can promise. If you think about it, there aren't that many couples in the story, and I am already guaranteeing a happy ending for one couple. So that's pretty generous of me. Also, just because some couples separate at the end of the story, it doesn't mean they'll be apart forever, because I do want to leave room for a sequel, if I ever want to write one.

Hey, it may be simple, but it works, LOL...
    Since you're now invested in the prequel as you've come up with the title, maybe you can make more posters! More on Wallace Chung and Wallace Huo! More posters on them! More!

Oh. That's it, Mel! I'm going to let Suo Lang and Lin Xiu Lan go their separate ways or give them an ambiguous ending where you don't know if they paired up or not. Just to give it some impact for you! HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHHA!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Since you're now invested in the prequel as you've come up with the title, maybe you can make more posters! More on Wallace Chung and Wallace Huo! More posters on them! More!
    Greedy Mel! I just made you 2 posters back to back. Now you want more? I didn't make this many posters for my own stories.
    Anyway, need inspiration for the next poster. Write more and let's see if I get the "feeling" .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Oh. That's it, Mel! I'm going to let Suo Lang and Lin Xiu Lan go their separate ways or give them an ambiguous ending where you don't know if they paired up or not. Just to give it some impact for you! HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHHA!
    Why you so mean?

Suo Lang, huh? I like that name for the scholar. Sounds macho. I'm totally going to imagine my Wallace Chung as Suo Lang. Suo Lang... The name sounds hot already.

Greedy Mel! I just made you 2 posters back to back. Now you want more?
    Your posters of Wallace Chung and Wallace Huo give me inspiration to write. Every time I stare at Chung and Huo's hotness in those posters, my fingers just fly across the keyboard with a mind of their own.

Anyway, need inspiration for the next poster. Write more and let's see if I get the "feeling" .
    I'm working hard on getting the prequel set up before I leave for Hong Kong. I'm writing a prologue for the prequel. Then I'm starting the story off with what was originally chapter 83. I initially thought of writing some chapters to fill in the beginning of the prequel, but then thought that I liked Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose's introduction into the story very much already. I also don't think I could write a better "first meeting scene" for them, so I'm not messing around with the previously written chapters 83-88. I'm just going to add chapters that continue immediately after SCN and Black Rose leave the cave.

Yay! I'm finally ready to post the link to LEGENDARY BOOK OF SUN-MOON SWORDPLAY - THE PREQUEL!!!

For those who have already read most of the chapters, I want to let you know that the PROLOGUE and a small section at the beginning of CHAPTER ONE is new. I've also casted Yuan Hong as Sung Hin and Chen Guan Lin as Ng Pao.

And again, thanks to tweety for creating the lovely posters for me.

I will try to write one more chapter (for either the prequel or the original story) before I leave for Hong Kong. No guarantees, but I'll try my best to post a chapter before I leave.

Thank you to everyone who will be reading the prequel story.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Ok, this is an official note to the readers, especially to those who have not been following the many discussions going back and forth in this thread lately.

TO ALL READERS:

I know there have been lots of changes in the last few chapters (Chapters 83-88). In the past few months, I have been writing a flashback story (starring Wallace Chung, Sun Fei Fei, Chen Hao, and Wallace Huo) and somewhat digressing from the main storyline. Since the flashback story is beginning to spiral into something much more elaborate than I have originally intended, I have decided to remove the side story (Chapters 83-88) and extend it into its very own Legendary Book prequel story.

I will refocus my attention back onto the main cast starting with a new Chapter 83. Coming up in the new Chapter 83, I will be writing about Lam Suk Yu's long awaited wedding competition. I will also write about what will happen to Lam Chi Chi now that she knows the truth about who killed her second brother. Thank you, everyone, for your patience as I steer this story back on track.

For those of you interested in reading the prequel story, which I will be writing concurrently with this original Legendary Book story, please go to the link below. The prequel will be loosely split into two parts. The first half of the story will be about Sit Chung Nam, Black Rose, and the Blood Shadow Palm. The second half of the story will focus on the Guardian (Sit Chung Nam and Black Rose's elder son), his love story with the Seer, and the Swords of Sun and Moon.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

Again, thanks to all who have been reading for your patience through this entire process of revisions and changes.

Mel, just watched an awesome mv that has many of the actors/actresses included in your story. I love the song, the clips, and the picture quality of the mv. The creator of the mv is just so skillful. This could be the theme song to your fanfic . Of course, there a many key characters missing, but I still think it's quite cool.

Hi tweety! Happy Chinese New Year!

Thanks for posting the MV above. I agree; it's loaded with characters in my story and it could very well be the theme video for the fanfic. Too bad it's missing Gigi Lai, Kevin Cheng, and Kristy Yeung, as those actors are part of some pretty popular couples in the story. And of course, the video doesn't have Wallace Chung and SFF. But all in all, it's a very well made video! Seeing how handsome and cool Gilbert Lam was as Yelut Honam has me all excited again about him! Thanks, tweety.

In case you're wondering, I'm diligently updating my stories. I am writing the next chapter for both this story and for the prequel at the same time. Straddling both stories is actually kind of fun. I go back and forth with the updates and somehow it's easier to write two stories, because when I get writer's block for one, I just move on to the other one.

Awwww, you made me so happy with such good news! I can't wait for the updates. Either one is fine. I miss reading about the main story. Been waiting to see the Seer go beserk. I know the final showdown will be awesome. Or at least I'm hoping it won't be anticlimatic.

Oh you've split them...I promised I haven't abandoned the story...I was tempted away by Ariel Lin.

I was quite enjoying the his royal hotness...Wallace Chung.

I can't wait till you get back to the main plot. Hopefully you've give Gilbert some backbone and remind me why I two timed Vincent Jiao for him.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Awwww, you made me so happy with such good news! I can't wait for the updates. Either one is fine. I miss reading about the main story. Been waiting to see the Seer go beserk. I know the final showdown will be awesome. Or at least I'm hoping it won't be anticlimatic.
    Well, I don't think the Seer will go "berserk," in which she'll run around and act like a crazy psycho loose cannon. That would be too undignified for Sui Han. However, she'll be much colder and much more ruthless. Think of the evil version of the Seer as the female version of Sit Chung Nam, except without the humor. She will be just plain vengeful...cold...and calculating. It's as if her sympathetic side and her humanity are no longer present and all that is left is an embittered shell who will not think twice of killing those she feels have "wronged" her, even though the actual people who have wronged her are long dead. I hope that makes sense.

I hope the final showdown won't be a disappointment, either. I have a general image of who will be left standing at the end of the fight. I just don't know if I am clever enough to put all my rambling thoughts into a coherent and interesting finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Oh you've split them...I promised I haven't abandoned the story...I was tempted away by Ariel Lin.

I was quite enjoying the his royal hotness...Wallace Chung.

I can't wait till you get back to the main plot. Hopefully you've give Gilbert some backbone and remind me why I two timed Vincent Jiao for him.
    Oh, hey! I really thought you got bored of the Sit Chung Nam/Black Rose story and took off for good. I'm glad to see you back, Linda!

So...you think Wallace Chung is hot? Or is it his character (Sit Chung Nam) that you think is hot? Regardless, I'm happy to find another Wallace Chung fan!

In a way, I am already getting back to the main plot, since I've split off the Sit Chung Nam/Black Rose subplot and have placed it into its own prequel story. I'm not sure which part you were up to before Ariel Lin stole your attention away from me ( ), but I've made some changes to the subplot story when I made it into a prequel story. Of note, I've added a Prologue to the prequel story, added a short section to the very beginning of Chapter 1 of the prequel, and changed the latter 2/3 of Chapter 4 of the prequel. Chapters 5-7 are completely new and were never tacked onto the original story.

Perhaps if you have time and are interested, you can read the prequel and maybe we can all gush about Sit Chung Nam together.

As for the original story, I split the story at Chapter 82, right after the old woman died from her Blood Shadow Palm wounds. So right now, I'm writing Chapter 83.

In Heroine of the Yangs, I never did love Vincent Jiao's character, who was too blah. I started right off loving Gilbert's Yelut Honam, so I guess I was never a two-timer. Gilbert's Lam Yik Lun will never be as charming and suave as Wallace Chung's Sit Chung Nam. Those two characters are too different. Wallace Chung's character, in fact, resembles Yelut Honam a lot more than Gilbert's Yik Lun does. However, with Sui Han turning evil, Yik Lun will no longer be the same as in the beginning of the story. Am I being cryptic enough?