Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1255

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    The picture of them supposely kissing in the car looked so weird, I see him leaning towards WHATEVER It was, it didn't look like Annie. And Jayne's translated the article or whomever with typos like March 2011 instead of 2012. There was a lot of grammar mistakes too. But I hope Annie and Jason's upcoming wedding and marriage life turns out well for them. Glad to hear she won't retire.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

OMG! Congratulations to Annie! Our Paifong is no longer Yelut Honam's. But I'm happy for Annie.

I agree with SS regarding the "kissing in the car" picture. I can't even see who the woman is and can barely make out the features of the guy. Plus, it doesn't look like an innocent kiss; it looks more like they are in the midst of doing you-know-what. How in the world did people identify the two people in the car as Annie and her boyfriend?

I don't like Annie's wedding gown. My tastes run toward understated elegance with a touch of sexiness. Backless dresses can be elegant and sexy, if designed by the right designer. The strange straps on the back of Annie's dress, however, remind me of a costume out of a XXX movie.

OMG, Annie is getting married! So happy for her! Thanks for sharing the good news, Charby. And the fact that I can access this site is another reason for celebration

Talking

CHAPTER 83 ---- LOVE AND HATE

Chapter 83 is currently being revised. Please check back for updates. If you wish to be notified about updates on this story or on my other story (Legendary Book - The Prequel), please go to Cloud Manor and choose the "follow blog" option. I also welcome comments, gentle nagging for quicker updates, etc. Thank you for reading.

Goodness! So much excitement in just 1 chapter! There are so many twists and turns. Wow, just wow....

Grrrrrrr. That Ching Bong is back!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Goodness! So much excitement in just 1 chapter! There are so many twists and turns. Wow, just wow....
    Tweety! I thought you wouldn't have time to read, since you didn't read the prequel chapter (but rather only skimmed for the kissy kissy parts ). I'm glad you like the new chapter. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to have any readers left, since I have't updated this story for so long.

Grrrrrrr. That Ching Bong is back!
    Charby! Where have you been lately? I actually miss your Wallace Chung bashing.

You don't like Patrick Tam? I think he's a relatively good actor and very hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Charby! Where have you been lately? I actually miss your Wallace Chung bashing.

You don't like Patrick Tam? I think he's a relatively good actor and very hot.
    Work has been hectic recently - barely have time to sleep.

I acknowledge that Patrick Tam is a fab, charasmatic and versatile actor, but I just don't like him. Also I find his lips too thick for his face (rminds me of Gallen Lo). I don't like Ching Bong either - never liked him from the first chapter he appeared!
    Cyril Connolly

Talking

Work has been hectic recently - barely have time to sleep.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're getting paid overtime.

I acknowledge that Patrick Tam is a fab, charasmatic and versatile actor, but I just don't like him. Also I find his lips too thick for his face (rminds me of Gallen Lo). I don't like Ching Bong either - never liked him from the first chapter he appeared!
    Thick lips? I haven't noticed that on Patrick or Gallen but I'm sure I'll notice those lips now that you have mentioned them.

I'm surprised you hate Ching Bong that much, since he hasn't really appeared that many times to warrant such hate. And yet you like the rapist Blue Executioner...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm surprised you hate Ching Bong that much, since he hasn't really appeared that many times to warrant such hate. And yet you like the rapist Blue Executioner...
    Well, I find Steve Ma way hotter than Patrick Tam, so......
    Cyril Connolly

Well, I find Steve Ma way hotter than Patrick Tam, so......
    I have a problem with Steve Ma's lipstick. For some reason, he always appears to be wearing lipstick when I see him onscreen... Maybe he just has very pink lips...

Hi Melanie!

While waiting for you to write the next chapter of your other story, I decided to pick up this one. Good thing you've already written 83 chapters. It'll last me a couple of days.

I've just finished Chapter 3. I've really enjoyed it so far but wanted to point out some issues. I think a better translation of the Emperor's title would be 'Your Majesty' rather than 'Your Highness'. He is called 'Wan Sui' (tens of thousands of years) and his empress, mother, concubines, sons and daughters are called 'Qian Sui' (thousands of years) and to show the hierarchy, I think 'Your Majesty' is more suitable. Also, Sui Yuk already knew that she was pregnant when she left the Emperor but gave birth to her child nine months later? Assuming that she knew that she knew she was pregnant 1-2 months into her pregnancy, her baby would have a gestation of 41-45 weeks. That's one really overdue baby. One last thing, if Sui Han was living on the streets, wouldn't she look like a beggar rather than being "garbed in a long frosty pink gown with silver ruffles at the hem"? Maybe I'm being too nitpicky but these few things jumped out at me while I was reading.

On the other hand, I actually really like the style of your earlier writings because I can picture everything in my head so clearly. Especially that scene where Suk Yu was playing her jade flute and the men of the Sun-Moon Sect were writhing on the ground. The image of Huang Yao Shi (Dong Xie) in LOCH 83 just popped into my mind and I could just see her internal energy. Sometimes I feel that I get so sucked into your descriptions that I forget to look for the action in your prequel. I'm loving this story so far and I can't wait to read more!

Also, I am so happy because I see many of my favorite old actors! Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Kevin Cheng (though I only started liking him after BBJX), Lau Dan and Alec Su!
    Last edited by xia0yuer; 04-03-12 at 09:41 PM.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    Hi Melanie!

While waiting for you to write the next chapter of your other story, I decided to pick up this one. Good thing you've already written 83 chapters. It'll last me a couple of days.
    Hi back! Thanks so much for reading this story, too. I'm actually very touched, given that I do not think this is a very good story compared to the other one. Thanks.

I've just finished Chapter 3. I've really enjoyed it so far but wanted to point out some issues. I think a better translation of the Emperor's title would be 'Your Majesty' rather than 'Your Highness'. He is called 'Wan Sui' (tens of thousands of years) and his empress, mother, concubines, sons and daughters are called 'Qian Sui' (thousands of years) and to show the hierarchy, I think 'Your Majesty' is more suitable.
    Thanks. I'll go back and make those changes as soon as I get a chance.

Also, Sui Yuk already knew that she was pregnant when she left the Emperor but gave birth to her child nine months later? Assuming that she knew that she knew she was pregnant 1-2 months into her pregnancy, her baby would have a gestation of 41-45 weeks. That's one really overdue baby.
    Well, I calculated the weeks like this: A full term pregnancy would be 38 weeks 0 days to 41 weeks 7 days of gestation. Most women realize they are pregnant at about 4-5 weeks of gestation, once they notice that they have missed their menstrual period, provided that they have normal, regular cycles, of course. So let's say Sui Yuk discovered her pregnancy at 4-5 weeks gestation. Add that to 36 weeks (4 weeks x 9 months) and the baby would be about 40-41 weeks gestational age at the time of birth, which would still be a full term pregnancy. If he were 42 weeks or more, then he would be post term, but that's not all that uncommon.

One last thing, if Sui Han was living on the streets, wouldn't she look like a beggar rather than being "garbed in a long frosty pink gown with silver ruffles at the hem"? Maybe I'm being too nitpicky but these few things jumped out at me while I was reading.
    Hehe. I had written those chapters so long ago that I can't even fully recall why she was so clean and neat. If I remember correctly, I think she was picked up by a brothel and forced to work there. Presumably, she bathed there and got nice clothes to attract customers. Lun met her after she had just escaped from the brothel.

On the other hand, I actually really like the style of your earlier writings because I can picture everything in my head so clearly. Especially that scene where Suk Yu was playing her jade flute and the men of the Sun-Moon Sect were writhing on the ground. The image of Huang Yao Shi (Dong Xie) in LOCH 83 just popped into my mind and I could just see her internal energy. Sometimes I feel that I get so sucked into your descriptions that I forget to look for the action in your prequel. I'm loving this story so far and I can't wait to read more!
    Thank you! It's so nice to know that you are enjoying this first love of mine, even though the writing style is inconsistent and less sophisticated than the prequel story. Plus, there will be many holes in the plot, mainly because I didn't pre-plan this story and just wrote as ideas popped up. So thank you very much for reading despite the story's many weaknesses.

Also, I am so happy because I see many of my favorite old actors! Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Kevin Cheng (though I only started liking him after BBJX), Lau Dan and Alec Su!
    Tony Leung, Alec Su, and Lau Dan are just cameos, so don't get too excited. I've crowded in a lot of minor characters and cameos in this story, mainly because I love them too much to NOT include them in my pet project. Andy and Kevin have bigger roles. In fact, Kevin has quite a lot of story time.

I feel like I have been absent from your story for a really really long time but when I finally come back again I only see ONE new chapter?? :'( what is this madness? I demand updates Melanie! LOL
    Anyway I know you are more into writing about Wallace's hotness and stuff but girl you need to finish this story :P
    With the rate you're writing the other story in, it's gonna catch up in length with this story soon haha

Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    I feel like I have been absent from your story for a really really long time but when I finally come back again I only see ONE new chapter?? :'( what is this madness? I demand updates Melanie! LOL
    Anyway I know you are more into writing about Wallace's hotness and stuff but girl you need to finish this story :P
    With the rate you're writing the other story in, it's gonna catch up in length with this story soon haha
    Oh! I didn't know you are still reading! Maybe you should read the other story while you're waiting for more updates on this story.

By the way, I update more quickly on the prequel because...well...there are simply more readers commenting there, and more readers equal more motivation, I guess.

I also have a few pages written for the next chapter in this story.

still no update *cries*
    you know maybe if you want to attract fanbase for this story you might want to change the actors/actresses ?
    i think what attracts more people to the other story is your casting for the characters :O
    i havent read the other story yet, i'll try to push myself to read it.. because i'm sure it's also a great story. but i just don't think it seems interesting for some reason? i think i am the only one who aren't interested in it... ><

Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    still no update *cries*
    you know maybe if you want to attract fanbase for this story you might want to change the actors/actresses ?
    i think what attracts more people to the other story is your casting for the characters :O
    i havent read the other story yet, i'll try to push myself to read it.. because i'm sure it's also a great story. but i just don't think it seems interesting for some reason? i think i am the only one who aren't interested in it... ><
    I don't think I want you to force yourself to read the prequel if you don't want to. But since I am also the author of the prequel, I naturally hope a long-time reader like you would also like it. I am not sure which story is the better one. The prequel has less characters and therefore better character development, but I also know there are many endearing characters in the old story. I think it ultimately comes down to different tastes. I seem to have two camps of readers. One group is so loyal to the old characters in this story that they resist reading the prequel. And then there is the second group of newer readers (with the exception of tweety) who started reading the prequel without any knowledge of the older story and prefer the better character development of the prequel.

As for changing the cast for the old story, I can't bear to do that, as every actor in here has earned a place in my heart. Hopefully, not everyone reading the prequel is reading for the actors. I hope that my writing alone has attracted some readers, regardless of casting.

By the way, I don't think you're the only one of my old readers who don't want to read the prequel. I can name a few from winglin and charbydis and Linda here at spcnet. I know they prefer the older story.

Anyway, if you're really bored one day, mosey on over to the prequel and give it a try. It doesn't have very many chapters yet, so it shouldn't take too long to read.

Thanks for your support all these years, HaoMei! Knowing that there are quite a few people waiting for an update here, I will update this story next. This time, I really, really promise!

BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!! BLUE EXECUTIONER!!!

Going to spam your thread every now and then until I get my dose of the BLUE EXECUTIONER!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/thumbnail.php?img=http://s3.amazonaws.com/spcnet-images/images/actors/Jing-Tao-Ma-4a02671a253e7-2992.jpg&width=500&height=800')
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-26-12 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Vitamin Blue-Executioner Deficient =P
    Cyril Connolly

Charby, who's the dude above?

By the way, how are your doggies? I've been reading stories of abandoned or abused doggies at the ASPCA site and bawling my eyes out.