Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

Hi, Melanie,

Glad u r not offended and hope you are not discouraged by my comment on the "Tears of gratitude swim in her eyes" phrase. Please continue ur flowery description of events and sceneries. Most of them r good and some r beautiful.

Also, thanks for explaining the phrase "achingly beautiful" .

Talking

Thanks for reading and for leaving me comments, everyone. This chapter is dedicated to the fans of Wai Sun and Sui Han. I know some have waited for their reunion for a very long time. There will be more on the other characters in the next chapter.

CHAPTER 38 --- TEMPTATION

Chapter 38 is currently being revised. Please check back for updates. If you wish to be notified about updates on this story or on my other story (Legendary Book - The Prequel), please go to Cloud Manor and choose the "follow blog" option. I also welcome comments, gentle nagging for quicker updates, etc. Thank you for reading.

Senior Member Psycho Cat aka Cathy's Avatar

UPDATE NOW

Where are you now? Are you updating the fanfic? Please update the fanfic. I am dying here.

Talking

I see where your persistent hunter attitude comes from. Cathy goes after you to update and you come after me and pressures and threatens me to update now...hahhaha interesting game of threats..haha....UPDATE!!!! MEL!!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

True, she got it from me. My Chait Mui, used to be so calm and patient. Now she is like me! Hehehe. By the way, what is the name of the fanfic do you wrote, Suet Seung?

Melanie you better up, girl? Don't want to give run over do you?

Cathy, I'm not telling you which fanfics I'm writing, you could find out on your own but I'm not telling you and MEL YOU BETTER NOT TELL OR let her know!!!!

I don't think Mel was ever patient and calm...she's innately impatient and crazy, you just unlocked the door that kept her from showing her true nature. : Very scary....

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm up to chapter 7 now and I really really cannot stand Sui Han. This girl annoys me to no end. Now, I really need a BIG dose of Chi Chi to balance up my feelings.

Kidd, do mean the character or the actress? How does she annoy you? I though her character is interesting, since she is kinda mysterious.

It's the character I cannot stand not the actress. I have nothing against Annie Man.
    Well, it's hard to explain in one sentence why she annoys me. So, this will be quite a long-winded paragraph, so bear with me.
    First, it is her fainting female, damsel-in-distress, who hides behind people timidly in times of trouble and need to be protected all the time character. This kind of character does not appeal to me. But even though her timid act annoys me a little in the beginning, I can still reason it out. She has been mistreated and rejected throughout most of the young life, so, I understand her timidness and lack of self-esteem. But the moment after she gain her freedom, she suddenly become BOLD. She walks away to look at hairpins without ask her Dai Siu Yeh's permission or informing him first. Isn't she in the middle of a conversation with Wai Sun at that time? How can she walks away when her Siu Yeh is suppose to still be in conversation to her? And the way she grumbles about Ho Man ("You pervert! You've got some nerve to stalk me in broad daylight!" She grumbles angrily under her breath). Where is the timidness?
    And then at the kitchen, she teases Wai Sun and act like an equal to him. Where again is the timidness? Later in Wai Sun's room, when she sees the hairpin, she looks all in awe of them, making it so obvious that she like them. But when Wai Sun want to give it to her, she act all reluctant and then turn demure and shy again. And her look of wonder when Wai Sun says he bought the hairpin for her. Oh, please.... even the blind can see Wai Sun is interested in her. Although, I'm very sure that Melanie didn't mean to, but this flip-flop in character make her look FAKE. Like all her timid behavior is just an act. It's like she act helpless and timid when there's trouble, but when the trouble is gone, her true color comes outs. And then there's the time when Hung Yee has implied that she get the hairpin because she slept with Wai Sun. Yes, she has every right to be angry...WITH HUNG YEE. But she directs her anger towards innocent Wai Sun who has shown nothing but kindness towards her since the time he met her. Where is the timidness again? This make her look very unreasonable. The only time I ever like this her is when she insists on working as a servant in the Lam family to pay off her debts. At least at that time, she shows some intergrity and backbone.

Yes, my current favourite character, Chi Chi can be very unreasonable too. But she's frank and genuine. What u see is what u get. U didn't see any fakeness in her. Plus she is funny.

I might too harsh on Sui Han, but that's how she makes me feel.

P.S. this is only my feeling towards Sui Han up to chapter 7. I have not read further chapters yet.

I will not reveal any spoiler after chapter seven. You got a point, however, I will have to disagree on a couple of things.

First of all, as you know that Melanie is a very talented writer with a great plot and skillful at it too. Sui Han the character is written on purpose. The way Melanie is writing the story, which I am up to chapter 38. I would say that Melanie is hinting us something about Sui Han. I don't think she writes Sui Han as a damsel in distress type of character. She is not a damsel in distress. I think you got to read up to chapter 38 and find out it for yourself.

Now, as for the part where Ho Man's stalks her. I mean wouldn't any woman would have a similar reaction as her? If a strange man follow you or stalked you, I think that you would have that kind of reaction, epecially in broad daylight. Any type of women would probably have the same reaction as her. I mean what are you suppose to do? Plus he is stalking her in the daylight. I mean for a strange man to stalked her in the daylight, it would be kind of stupid. And I understand why she would say that. I would too. Come on it in the daylight.

I agree even a blind person can see that Wai Sun likes Sui Han. However, I find that pretty funny. I think Melanie meant to do that on purpose. It add comic relief to the story. The readers thinks it is obvious, but sometimes the person themselves can not see what other see. Think about in the world, things can be real obvious yet most people can not see it for themselves.

Kidd, I like your attitude.

Talking

Hey Mel.

I think I'll try to start read your fanfic, been so busy with homework, web design, and writing my own fanfics( mind you, I got two fanfics plus a co-write so time is limited) I haven't been reading many fanfics lately but I will try to find time to read your fanfic, from what Cathy says about it, I think I'll go snoop around and see when you'll KILL KRISTY!!!!! HAahha Okay...update gurl!

-SS

Originally posted by Psycho Cat aka Cathy
    Now, as for the part where Ho Man's stalks her. I mean wouldn't any woman would have a similar reaction as her? If a strange man follow you or stalked you, I think that you would have that kind of reaction, epecially in broad daylight. Any type of women would probably have the same reaction as her. I mean what are you suppose to do? Plus he is stalking her in the daylight. I mean for a strange man to stalked her in the daylight, it would be kind of stupid. And I understand why she would say that. I would too. Come on it in the daylight.
    Yeah, I guess u are right. Most women would probably have the same reaction. But the way she said and calling him pervert. It sounds like "You pervert, HOW DARE to stalk me in broad daylight". Also, I have mentioned that Sui Han appeared to be gentle and timid, so grumbling and calling people pervert because they stare admiringly at her doesn't seem all gentle and timid.

There's also another reason that makes me annoyed with Sui Han for that grumble. Besides Sui Han, Melanie also describe the feelings of Ho Man when he first saw Sui Han. He was absolutely besotted and bewitch by her. It's just understandable that he stares. While I read this part, this scene keep playing in my mind
    "A guy was minding his own business drinking tea, then he saw this beautiful, lovely girl. He totally fell for her and can't get his eyes off her. Then the girl walk away. Afraid to lost her, he ran after her". Sounds like a what a hero in a romance novel/movie will do right? Think about it. If you replace Ho Man (the villain) with Wai Sun (the hero) will you still feel he is stalking?

Because of this line "Ho Man looks up from his wine, trying to locate the source of the gentle, sweet melody, and sees a vision of delicate beauty in front of him. He gazes at her, bewitched, his wine forgotten" that Melanie wrote about Ho Man feelings, I don't think what he did is perverted and that make Sui Han seem overeacting (and kinda prejudice too). If it was Wai Sun (who we all know is the hero and whom all of us want to end up with Sui Han) who stared and ran after Sui Han, I bet most will just see it as romantic.

Hi, Melanie,
    I found a small mistake here. It's in chapter 9.

Unfortunately, Ho Man quickly responds by flinging two small knives at the flute, knocking it down. Meanwhile Mun Lung's sword continues to shoot through the air toward Mun Lung. Gong Yu and Chi Chi, with too little time to halt the sword's progress, watch in horrified silence.
    Should be Ho Man's sword.

I'm really sad at what happen to Hung Yee. I was hoping that she would succeed in making Mun Lung love her. Too bad it didn't happen.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-08-04 at 03:16 AM.

Talking

Hi, everyone! Thanks for being so patient with me.

CHAPTER 39 --- FORBIDDEN LOVE

Chapter 39 is currently being revised. Please check back for updates. If you wish to be notified about updates on this story or on my other story (Legendary Book - The Prequel), please go to Cloud Manor and choose the "follow blog" option. I also welcome comments, gentle nagging for quicker updates, etc. Thank you for reading.

Melanie needs to update or this Psycho Cat will actually turn into a Psycho who will stalk Chait Mui to death or until she update the next chapter.

hei, give her a break. She just updated the story 2 hours ago.

Well, my name is Psycho for nothing. You got to realize that I am really crazy. You just glad that I don't go after you for the fun of it.

Hi Melanie,

I am here to give you more support. So you are up to Chapter 39 already. I know that I have been been in Absent Mode for a long time. That's because I haven't had time to read through the chapters yet. But no matter what, don't slow down on your updates. You know the reason lah. Dangerous.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Heeyyy Mel! Long time no see, how have you been?
    Wow already 39 chapters...I'm catching up very slowly. Great writing, keep it up!