Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens to old threads?

Default What happens to old threads?

I was just wondering what happens to old threads, because i was trying to find a thread on a sad story that was posted around March this year, and i can't find it. Is there anyway of recovering old threads?

Default No

I believe SC have been and still is, pruning threads that have been inactive for 3 months or so, and most of the old threads are gone, so there's no way no how, to recover it. Once it becomes inactive, it's gone...I guess...anyone want to further explain or correct my information here?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Re: No

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    ...anyone want to further explain or correct my information here?
    The good threads die and go to Thread Heaven. The bad threads (the ones that cause a lot of hurt feelings) gets to go to Thread Hell. However, some of the very special threads somehow find a way back from the dead and resurrect itself under a new face (new topic title). Truly scary!
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

In most forums, once a thread is closed for a certain amount of time, it self destructs.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Oh drats! Well, thanx for replying...i really wanted to reread that story.

What story was it? Delia?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think it was some sort of fanfic, it was about these korean guy and girl, who met and became good friends, fell in love but through circumstances, the guy had to leave, though he had intended on taking this girl with him. Anyway, he became well known as some sort of criminal/gang leader, and this girl tracked him down when she faked her own death to leave her family. To get close to him, she pretended to be a guy and joined his gang. She ended up dying, coz i think she had a heart condition that didn't let her breathe properly.

Was there such a fanfic in this forum? I didn't know that there was a fanfic like that in the forum...

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Was there such a fanfic in this forum? I didn't know that there was a fanfic like that in the forum...
    Ditto.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Originally posted by delia_k_00
    I think it was some sort of fanfic, it was about these korean guy and girl, who met and became good friends, fell in love but through circumstances, the guy had to leave, though he had intended on taking this girl with him. Anyway, he became well known as some sort of criminal/gang leader, and this girl tracked him down when she faked her own death to leave her family. To get close to him, she pretended to be a guy and joined his gang. She ended up dying, coz i think she had a heart condition that didn't let her breathe properly.
    WHAT?? Was there a Korean Fan Fic writer?? Sounds like one of the fan fic I read in Korean Fan Fic in Korean Site.

I agree with Crazy T with the topic life cycle. Very scary..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

I remember that story delia. I think it was post under the General Comments section. Why don't you check the old threads there to see if it hasn't been deleted yet.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Default Re: What happens to old threads?

I was just wondering what happens to old threads, because i was trying to find a thread on a sad story that was posted around March this year, and i can't find it. Is there anyway of recovering old threads?
    You can change the number of days back a topic displayed by changing the number at the bottom of the browser. The default for everyone is 30 Days. Just change it to "beginning" and then click "GO" to view really old thread. I think there are 15 pages total in the FanFic Topic. Hope you find what you want
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Yeah, the story wasn't in the fanfic section, coz i don't usually go there. Anyway, the story was posted around March, so i doubt that the story would still be hanging around...anyway again, the thread was just entitled "please read-sad story", so i don't even have a name for it.

Unhappy

Yeah, the story wasn't in the fanfic section, coz i don't usually go there. Anyway, the story was posted around March, so i doubt that the story would still be hanging around...anyway again, the thread was just entitled "please read-sad story", so i don't even have a name for it.
    What's wrong with the stories written in the Fanfic forum? Do you prefer more modern stories? Theres some modern stories even fantasy type stories in there. Should give the stories a chance, you never know what treasure you pick up.

Actually if you change the setting to "beginning" like i posted earlier, you will be able to read posts all the way back to 3-13-2002. That is the first thread open in the FanFic Topic. Just to let you know.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Originally posted by CrazyT
    I remember that story delia. I think it was post under the General Comments section. Why don't you check the old threads there to see if it hasn't been deleted yet.
    GC is regularly pruned, and threads there extend only as far as late August/early September 2003.
    玉木宏

blog

Delia,

From your description, the story you are interested in, I've got a link. It's exceeded its bandwidth right at this moment, therefore I couldn't go to tell you its title (I don't remember).

It was sent to me by a friend as a recommendation.

http://www.philhuang.com/lovestory.php?page=main

Cheers.
    Last edited by Paige; 09-29-03 at 09:14 AM.

paige is right.....the site cannot be entered now but the story name is "what i did for love"

http://www.geocities.com/cabucojuice/sad.htm

here is a site made by someone called Jonathan CabucoJuice who made this site becos of sum bandwidth problems with the original site.

enjoy^__^

Default Re: Re: No

Originally posted by CrazyT
    The good threads die and go to Thread Heaven. The bad threads (the ones that cause a lot of hurt feelings) gets to go to Thread Hell. However, some of the very special threads somehow find a way back from the dead and resurrect itself under a new face (new topic title). Truly scary!

Thread Heaven & Thread Hell.... yikes! Tisk tisk... but you know what, sometimes is fun to read back old threads.

Suet Seung, it's not that i have anything against the stories in the fanfic section, it's just that i don't usually go to that forum, so yes, if there were some treasures there, i would be missing them. But i find that i barely have enough time to read through the other areas.