Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: What happens to old threads?

  1. #1
    Senior Member delia_k_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    458

    Default What happens to old threads?

    I was just wondering what happens to old threads, because i was trying to find a thread on a sad story that was posted around March this year, and i can't find it. Is there anyway of recovering old threads?

  2. #2
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default No

    I believe SC have been and still is, pruning threads that have been inactive for 3 months or so, and most of the old threads are gone, so there's no way no how, to recover it. Once it becomes inactive, it's gone...I guess...anyone want to further explain or correct my information here?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  3. #3
    Moderator CrazyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: No

    Originally posted by Suet Seung
    ...anyone want to further explain or correct my information here?
    The good threads die and go to Thread Heaven. The bad threads (the ones that cause a lot of hurt feelings) gets to go to Thread Hell. However, some of the very special threads somehow find a way back from the dead and resurrect itself under a new face (new topic title). Truly scary!
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

  4. #4
    Moderator CrazyLilAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    In most forums, once a thread is closed for a certain amount of time, it self destructs.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

  5. #5
    Senior Member delia_k_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Oh drats! Well, thanx for replying...i really wanted to reread that story.

  6. #6
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    What story was it? Delia?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  7. #7
    Senior Member delia_k_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    458

    Default

    I think it was some sort of fanfic, it was about these korean guy and girl, who met and became good friends, fell in love but through circumstances, the guy had to leave, though he had intended on taking this girl with him. Anyway, he became well known as some sort of criminal/gang leader, and this girl tracked him down when she faked her own death to leave her family. To get close to him, she pretended to be a guy and joined his gang. She ended up dying, coz i think she had a heart condition that didn't let her breathe properly.

  8. #8
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Was there such a fanfic in this forum? I didn't know that there was a fanfic like that in the forum...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  9. #9
    Moderator CrazyLilAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Was there such a fanfic in this forum? I didn't know that there was a fanfic like that in the forum...
    Ditto.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

  10. #10
    Senior Member Yon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Granny Kitchen
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Originally posted by delia_k_00
    I think it was some sort of fanfic, it was about these korean guy and girl, who met and became good friends, fell in love but through circumstances, the guy had to leave, though he had intended on taking this girl with him. Anyway, he became well known as some sort of criminal/gang leader, and this girl tracked him down when she faked her own death to leave her family. To get close to him, she pretended to be a guy and joined his gang. She ended up dying, coz i think she had a heart condition that didn't let her breathe properly.
    WHAT?? Was there a Korean Fan Fic writer?? Sounds like one of the fan fic I read in Korean Fan Fic in Korean Site.

    I agree with Crazy T with the topic life cycle. Very scary..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

  11. #11
    Moderator CrazyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    I remember that story delia. I think it was post under the General Comments section. Why don't you check the old threads there to see if it hasn't been deleted yet.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

  12. #12
    Senior Member ProtoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    oDDwORLD
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: What happens to old threads?

    Originally posted by delia_k_00
    I was just wondering what happens to old threads, because i was trying to find a thread on a sad story that was posted around March this year, and i can't find it. Is there anyway of recovering old threads?
    You can change the number of days back a topic displayed by changing the number at the bottom of the browser. The default for everyone is 30 Days. Just change it to "beginning" and then click "GO" to view really old thread. I think there are 15 pages total in the FanFic Topic. Hope you find what you want
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

  13. #13
    Senior Member delia_k_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Yeah, the story wasn't in the fanfic section, coz i don't usually go there. Anyway, the story was posted around March, so i doubt that the story would still be hanging around...anyway again, the thread was just entitled "please read-sad story", so i don't even have a name for it.

  14. #14
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Unhappy

    Originally posted by delia_k_00
    Yeah, the story wasn't in the fanfic section, coz i don't usually go there. Anyway, the story was posted around March, so i doubt that the story would still be hanging around...anyway again, the thread was just entitled "please read-sad story", so i don't even have a name for it.
    What's wrong with the stories written in the Fanfic forum? Do you prefer more modern stories? Theres some modern stories even fantasy type stories in there. Should give the stories a chance, you never know what treasure you pick up.

    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  15. #15
    Senior Member ProtoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    oDDwORLD
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Originally posted by delia_k_00
    Yeah, the story wasn't in the fanfic section, coz i don't usually go there. Anyway, the story was posted around March, so i doubt that the story would still be hanging around...anyway again, the thread was just entitled "please read-sad story", so i don't even have a name for it.
    Actually if you change the setting to "beginning" like i posted earlier, you will be able to read posts all the way back to 3-13-2002. That is the first thread open in the FanFic Topic. Just to let you know.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

  16. #16
    Senior Member junny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    With Max
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Originally posted by CrazyT
    I remember that story delia. I think it was post under the General Comments section. Why don't you check the old threads there to see if it hasn't been deleted yet.
    GC is regularly pruned, and threads there extend only as far as late August/early September 2003.
    玉木宏

    blog

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Delia,

    From your description, the story you are interested in, I've got a link. It's exceeded its bandwidth right at this moment, therefore I couldn't go to tell you its title (I don't remember).

    It was sent to me by a friend as a recommendation.

    http://www.philhuang.com/lovestory.php?page=main

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Paige; 09-29-03 at 09:14 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    939

    Default

    paige is right.....the site cannot be entered now but the story name is "what i did for love"

    http://www.geocities.com/cabucojuice/sad.htm

    here is a site made by someone called Jonathan CabucoJuice who made this site becos of sum bandwidth problems with the original site.

    enjoy^__^

  19. #19
    Registered User misao ohgami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    2,819

    Default Re: Re: No

    Originally posted by CrazyT
    The good threads die and go to Thread Heaven. The bad threads (the ones that cause a lot of hurt feelings) gets to go to Thread Hell. However, some of the very special threads somehow find a way back from the dead and resurrect itself under a new face (new topic title). Truly scary!

    Thread Heaven & Thread Hell.... yikes! Tisk tisk... but you know what, sometimes is fun to read back old threads.

  20. #20
    Senior Member delia_k_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Suet Seung, it's not that i have anything against the stories in the fanfic section, it's just that i don't usually go to that forum, so yes, if there were some treasures there, i would be missing them. But i find that i barely have enough time to read through the other areas.

Similar Threads

  1. Old threads
    By kidd in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-06, 04:00 PM
  2. Various Useful and Classic Old Threads
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-05, 02:25 PM
  3. One-off threads?
    By merde in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-04, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •