Thread: Another sect - Qing Cheng

Default Another sect - Qing Cheng

Along with EMei Mountain, Sichuan province also has Qing Cheng, a Taoist mountain. The only wuxia series I have seen its name in is Zu Mountain Saga (1991). Is there any other story that mentions this sect?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Only one that comes to mind offhand is the one in SOD, the one led by Yu Canghai. I dont know if it is the same Qing Cheng though.

I think it is supposed to be the "same" Qing Cheng sect. Xiao Ao Jiang Hu's Qing Cheng sect is also a Taoist sect in Sichuan.

OK, this sect, Qing Cheng, is mentioned big time in Gu Long's "September Condor," which I am re-reading after 8 years.

qing cheng i think did exist historically?
    yes, qing cheng did play quite a role in SOD.

im sure we the sect was mentioned in other stories, perhaps at some sort of wu lin meeting, you know?

Most JY novels mention Qing Cheng sect. He wrote most about them in SOD, and there's a small part about them in DGSD, when this sect visits Murong Fu's home.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Unless I'm mistaken, one of the Xiao Yao elders told Xu Zhu, or maybe it was a writing that Duan Yu found, something like "You may use Bei Ming Shen Gong to power any martial art and gain revenge".

Then Qingcheng martial arts was mentioned in the same breath as other Great level martial arts. QingCheng being such an old and established school, perhaps they have powerful techniques of their own that may have been lost in later generations.

I like Kunlun and Qingcheng and felt that they are underrated. I'm glad Smiling Proud Wanderer gave us a more in-depth portrayal of this school with ancient roots.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, one of the Xiao Yao elders told Xu Zhu, or maybe it was a writing that Duan Yu found, something like "You may use Bei Ming Shen Gong to power any martial art and gain revenge".

Then Qingcheng martial arts was mentioned in the same breath as other Great level martial arts. QingCheng being such an old and established school, perhaps they have powerful techniques of their own that may have been lost in later generations.
    I don't remember this from the novel, but then I haven't really read the part with Duan Yu in the cave (one of the remaining parts of DGSD I need to read). The current Qingcheng generation of DGSD is far far far below Bao Butong's power. It is implied though that Sima Lin (leader of current generation) only learned a small % of the Qingcheng repertoire. Still, I got the impression that Qingcheng MA was standard wulin stuff (i.e. far below Great level).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」