Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Series that you watched over and over again

Legendary Four Aces I've seen that so many times around twenty or so. I actually counted.

And I never got sick of it.

But I was only, what, nine? So I don't think that really counts.

yeah for me it is
    HZGG i dunno both I and II i;ve seen it like 4 or 5 time
    also duke of mount deer with dicky and ruby lin i've se4n it 3 or 4 times lol

I don't know if it counts coz I don't rewatch the entire series. Usually I will rewatch some episodes over and over again. Those include :

Lost Count
    1. DIF IV (all scenes of LJ)

at least 5 times
    1. Greed of Man
    2. Time Before Time (1st 10 and last episode)
    3. Blood of the Good and Evil

3 - 4X
    1. ROCH (Felix and Barbara)
    2. LOCH (Louis and Carman)
    3. LOCH (Andy and Idy)
    4. Vixen's Tale
    5. A Step into the Past (scenes of LJ)
    6. Final Combat

There are others I'd love to rewatch but haven't had the chance.

If I could only bring one tv series with me to a planet far, far away, I'd definitely choose "Family Squad"!!!!! This is the ultimate classic show for me. I can watch it 100 times and still find it funny and warming to the heart.

i'm watching VOH for the fourth time now and VOH 2 for the second time.

hmm... none. i've seen golden faith a few times here and there, that's the only one close to watching a drama more than once. there is just too many new series out there, all good too, how can i manage to watch something over again.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek
    Legendary Four Aces I've seen that so many times around twenty or so. I actually counted.

I agree with you.
    I've seen this 3 times over the past few years and still finds some scenes very funny.
    Anyone who hasn't watch this should try

For me it would be Ups & Downs in The Sea of Love starring Maggie Cheung and Nick Cheung. Both of them just had the perfect chemistry (Awwww!) The plot was quite ok, not so boring coz of the funny scenes here and there and the conflict arise almost near the end of it, which makes me glued waiting for the end. But when I watched both of them, the feeling is just there, as if i'm there as Yama especially when Nick started realizing that he still loves Maggie....Ha! It makes me fill with lots of love.

There's also lots of very nice songs and background music....I've even used them for my handphone ringtones! Not forgetting, Joyce Tang was very pretty here. To me she overshadowed Maggie in here although Maggie is the lead actress and even though Joyce did not get to be with Nick.

I don't mind watching them again and again whenever I had the time. This story is just the perfect romantic story I've ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek

I loved that series, but it's been so long since I've watched it - only once, on TV, I think. But ah, so many funny moments.:P
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

armed reaction..=)

Quote Originally Posted by anopsky
    Blood of Good and Evil... how many time i rewatched this series??

Love Maggie&Deric as Yee Ming&Hou Nam. I really love this series.

Anyone know this series??
    I know this series. it is my favorite .
    i can`t remember how many times i have watched it

hmm..I've rewatched
    ROCH, LOCH, DGSD, and xiao ao jiang hu-all the newest versions.

loch with alex fong and barbara yung---I can't see anyone replacing them...they wre very unique actor/actress for the roles.

saw this movie probably 20 times.

my list:

The Condor Heroes 1995- Than Dieu Hiep Lu
    i like this series b/c it has a lovely storyline, both louis and carmen did an amazing job.. even though this is a maggie series, i didnt even know she was in it (mayb b/c when i watched it, i was too yuong to notice, plus it was b4 i liked her).. anyways, i've seen the series prob over 10 times.. when it was first released i've watched it back to back possiblely 3x, and like every other year i would watch it again, so it does count up.. plus, i have it on dvd, and i've just finished watching it less than a month ago..

Once Upon A Time in Shanghai- Tan Ben Thuong Hai
    this series is one of my most favorite back than, but its been a long time since i've seen it, but luckily i have just ordered it online, so i'd be able to see it in the near future.. i've seen it 2-3x..

Mystery Files- Ho So Bi An
    this series is rather old.. my mom said i've seen it b4, but i never recall, since it was a maggie series i bought it, just for my collection, but when i watched it, i couldnt stop.. rite after the order came to me, i immediately watched it.. it took me less than 2 days to finish it, without fast forwarding.. after i watched it the 1st time, i introduced it to my sisters.. so they watched it (and so did i, for my 2nd time).. after they watched it, i gave it to my mom to rewatch it.. since she barely remembers the series, i also watched it when she did.. that makes it 3x..

A Recipe for the Heart- My Vy Thien Vuong
    this is a rather long series, but its a comedy, and i dont ever get sick of comedies.. especially when its not back to back watching.. i've seen this series possiblely 5x.. my family was addicted to it when it first came out.. now that i have the dvd its easier for me to rewatch it.. like i did in early june..

A Smiling Ghost Story- Ve Voi Nhan Giang
    this is a light hearted series, i adore maggie's fun loving character and roger's ill-wittedness.. i've seen it back to back when it first release 2-3x, and i've just recently purchased it and watched it about 3 weeks ago.. without fast forwarding.. (i stayed up very late each night)

Plain Love II- Moi Tinh Nong Tham
    this is my fav maggie series, therefore its obvious i've watched it more than enough times.. i've seen this series possiblely up to 6x..

The Awakening Story- Sau Con Me
    nice storyline, seen it 2x back to back.. i wanna rewatch it again, but havent find it online..

Burning Flame II- Liet Hoa Hung Tam II
    i've watched it at least 3x, its not b/c maggie's in it, but b/c of wong hei and jenny's chemistry.. though maggie's presence made it all the more interesting..

Ups and Downs In the Sea of Love- Tieng Set Ai Tinh
    this is one of the funniest maggie series, and one of my very fav. as i've said comedy never gets too boring for me.. i love the chemistry b/w every actor n actresses in here.. and the storylin is romantic and very bittersweet (so to say)..

The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow- Vua Thoi Nay
    this series is great, no wonder maggie won best actress b/c of this series.. though i thought she did a better job in BH, its ok.. this series was awesome.. i love the quarrel b/w kwong and maggie.. i've seen this series back to back 2x the first time around, and i have recently just watched it again 2 weeks ago, and seen half of it just last week when my aunt borrowed my dvd..

Better Halves- Se Duyen
    steven n maggie's chemistry is not only adoreable but admirable.. i thought they did very well together, even though there is a small gap b/w their age.. but no matter, their chemistry as friends, partners, and a couple just sparks up everything.. i've seen it when it frist released prob 3x after every released tape, and i have just recently rewatched it again, last month..

War and Beauty- Tham Cung Quy Phi
    a great storyline, but it does get a lil longwinded.. therefore the first time around, i watched it all without fast forwarding, when it first released.. but my second time around when the series finished releasing, i watched it with many fastforwarding for personal reasons.. but the 3rd time around i did manage to fast forward only scenes where i definitely cannot stand..

The Conqueror's Story- Han So Ba Vuong
    seen it 2x every released tape.. (shocking b/c i was never interested in war series).. this is one of my fav historical series.. i have also just purchased this series, n waitting to rewatch it again..

Princess Pearls 1-3- Hoan Chau Cac Cac
    seen all 3 way too many times to count, i've lost track.. personally loved the 3rd one more, disregarding the actor/actress changes, but the storyline was completely alluring.. once i started it i couldnt put it down.. i've just recently bought the entire set and finished all 3 back to back in 6-7 days..

others:
    Lady Flower Fist- Mieu Thuy Hoa
    Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre 2000- Co Gia Do Long '00
    more..

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh
    my list:

The Condor Heroes 1995- Than Dieu Hiep Lu
    i like this series b/c it has a lovely storyline, both louis and carmen did an amazing job.. even though this is a maggie series, i didnt even know she was in it (mayb b/c when i watched it, i was too yuong to notice, plus it was b4 i liked her).. anyways, i've seen the series prob over 10 times.. when it was first released i've watched it back to back possiblely 3x, and like every other year i would watch it again, so it does count up.. plus, i have it on dvd, and i've just finished watching it less than a month ago..

Once Upon A Time in Shanghai- Tan Ben Thuong Hai
    this series is one of my most favorite back than, but its been a long time since i've seen it, but luckily i have just ordered it online, so i'd be able to see it in the near future.. i've seen it 2-3x..

Mystery Files- Ho So Bi An
    this series is rather old.. my mom said i've seen it b4, but i never recall, since it was a maggie series i bought it, just for my collection, but when i watched it, i couldnt stop.. rite after the order came to me, i immediately watched it.. it took me less than 2 days to finish it, without fast forwarding.. after i watched it the 1st time, i introduced it to my sisters.. so they watched it (and so did i, for my 2nd time).. after they watched it, i gave it to my mom to rewatch it.. since she barely remembers the series, i also watched it when she did.. that makes it 3x..

A Recipe for the Heart- My Vy Thien Vuong
    this is a rather long series, but its a comedy, and i dont ever get sick of comedies.. especially when its not back to back watching.. i've seen this series possiblely 5x.. my family was addicted to it when it first came out.. now that i have the dvd its easier for me to rewatch it.. like i did in early june..

A Smiling Ghost Story- Ve Voi Nhan Giang
    this is a light hearted series, i adore maggie's fun loving character and roger's ill-wittedness.. i've seen it back to back when it first release 2-3x, and i've just recently purchased it and watched it about 3 weeks ago.. without fast forwarding.. (i stayed up very late each night)

Plain Love II- Moi Tinh Nong Tham
    this is my fav maggie series, therefore its obvious i've watched it more than enough times.. i've seen this series possiblely up to 6x..

The Awakening Story- Sau Con Me
    nice storyline, seen it 2x back to back.. i wanna rewatch it again, but havent find it online..

Burning Flame II- Liet Hoa Hung Tam II
    i've watched it at least 3x, its not b/c maggie's in it, but b/c of wong hei and jenny's chemistry.. though maggie's presence made it all the more interesting..

Ups and Downs In the Sea of Love- Tieng Set Ai Tinh
    this is one of the funniest maggie series, and one of my very fav. as i've said comedy never gets too boring for me.. i love the chemistry b/w every actor n actresses in here.. and the storylin is romantic and very bittersweet (so to say)..

The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow- Vua Thoi Nay
    this series is great, no wonder maggie won best actress b/c of this series.. though i thought she did a better job in BH, its ok.. this series was awesome.. i love the quarrel b/w kwong and maggie.. i've seen this series back to back 2x the first time around, and i have recently just watched it again 2 weeks ago, and seen half of it just last week when my aunt borrowed my dvd..

Better Halves- Se Duyen
    steven n maggie's chemistry is not only adoreable but admirable.. i thought they did very well together, even though there is a small gap b/w their age.. but no matter, their chemistry as friends, partners, and a couple just sparks up everything.. i've seen it when it frist released prob 3x after every released tape, and i have just recently rewatched it again, last month..

War and Beauty- Tham Cung Quy Phi
    a great storyline, but it does get a lil longwinded.. therefore the first time around, i watched it all without fast forwarding, when it first released.. but my second time around when the series finished releasing, i watched it with many fastforwarding for personal reasons.. but the 3rd time around i did manage to fast forward only scenes where i definitely cannot stand..

The Conqueror's Story- Han So Ba Vuong
    seen it 2x every released tape.. (shocking b/c i was never interested in war series).. this is one of my fav historical series.. i have also just purchased this series, n waitting to rewatch it again..

Princess Pearls 1-3- Hoan Chau Cac Cac
    seen all 3 way too many times to count, i've lost track.. personally loved the 3rd one more, disregarding the actor/actress changes, but the storyline was completely alluring.. once i started it i couldnt put it down.. i've just recently bought the entire set and finished all 3 back to back in 6-7 days..

others:
    Lady Flower Fist- Mieu Thuy Hoa
    Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre 2000- Co Gia Do Long '00
    more..

which role did maggie play in ROCH? i never see her in there and i watch it like 10 times already

Default it's infinity!!

i have watched Triumph in the Skies for infinite times!!!!

Just re-watched Healing Hands today. Gosh, no matter how many times I watch it the ending sure get my tears rolling....it's one of the TVB classics

LOTCH and ROTCH, all the Police Cadets.

legend of the condor heroes 83
    my lucky star
    return of the condor heroes 98
    treasure venture
    and most ancient dramas

I have seen many TVB's adaptations of Jin Yong several times...

LOCH with Julian and Athena - currently 3rd time
    ROCH with Louis and Carmen - 4 times
    HSDS 2000 - 3 times

I have also seen Against the Blade of Honor with Louis and Vivian/Noel 3-4 times as well.

The most recent that had me rewatching was Perish in the Name of Love - probably 5-6 times.

I usually have to wait for a couple of years before re-watching something that way I know the gist of the storyline but I donno the details and what may happen next.
    Last edited by Josh; 09-02-08 at 06:37 PM.