Page 48 of 285 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan (高圆圆)

actually since her mom's in poor health and due to her very busy schedule last yr, gyy has decided to take a long break frm the screen (6months or a yr if im not wrong) which seems a pity to many, right after the fame she's garnered from the success of "QingHong". she could very well ride on the success if "QingHong" like what any other actress will do. but im glad fame doesnt get to her and filial piety comes first, it's not easy to resist the temptation, especially in a competitve market like china.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

ohh, really. i thought she already took a break for almost a year off to take care of her mom. but it good she take a break so she can rest for a little while. well, can't wait to watch qinghong.

is this the modern movie play with daniel chan and li bing bing?
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

Quote Originally Posted by sw33t_angel

is this the modern movie play with daniel chan and li bing bing?
    no, that one with daniel and all is a series set in the 70s-80s era which will probably be released later this yr. "QingHong" is actually the movie she did end of last yr-till beginning of this yr which was a success at the cannes festival this year, winning the jury prize. the director, wang xiaoshuai as well as gyy and the actor acting as gyy's father in the movie have all garnered much praises from audiences. i think this is definitely one of her breakthrough movie roles apart from hsds.

and she hasnt had a break since the beginning of last yr till this yr. in fact, i dont think gyy has had a proper long break ever since filming for hsds which was in like 2003, cause she's been accepting series and a movie till beginning of this yr. she was actually scheduled to go on a long break beginning of this yr but decided to postpone it to film "QingHong"(which was a wise choice). i think gyy must have been offered roles ever since the success of QH but she recently announced the long break she intends to have to rest as well as to take care of her mom who has recently been in poor health.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-04-05 at 09:52 AM.

Wise Fool

thanx sunnysnow. i heard that she took a break to take care of her mom in the hospital, but maybe she didn't. is qinghong, shanghi dreams? i'm hoping to see that in the us. heard that she got so much frame from it, makes me really want to see it.

thanx sunnysnow. i heard that she took a break to take care of her mom in the hospital, but maybe she didn't. is qinghong, shanghi dreams? i'm hoping to see that in the us. heard that she got so much frame from it, makes me really want to see it.
    Qing Hong is Shanghai Dreams
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

Not sure if this picture of her has been posted, but she's beautiful so it wouldn't hurt to see it again if that's the case

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/cenedra35/post-72-1074366296.jpg')

Cool where did you get the picture from??? Does gao00.com even update new pictures, i visited the site so many times and the pictures are like the same no change???
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

thanx sunnysnow. i heard that she took a break to take care of her mom in the hospital, but maybe she didn't.
    the thing about visiting her mom in the hospital daily happened during the filming of "QingHong". well her mom was unexpectedly hospitalised, so unable to stop filming halfway, gyy had to film as well as take care of her mom at the same time. it was a very tiring process for her at that time. her mom's since been discharged before gyy flew to cannes for the festival but is still in poor health. thus gyy's decision for a long break away from the screen for awhile.

thanks for that pic of gyy. she looks so darn different and i dunno but i think the make up's a little too thick. gyy's really a chameleon when it comes to being on screen and pics. she's so able to transform this look to another with different dressings and make up.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-05-05 at 06:38 AM.

Wise Fool

Thanks for the pic, Jeneshii. I'd never seen it before. 00 looks stunning. Her eyes are so beautiful.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow, she's so gorgeous. love her eyes. it true what everyone said. different make up and dress up, and the angel where the picture is taken give her a unique look each time.

thnkx for the pic . never see that pic b4 ...gosh ..she look a beauty
    best friends are like credit cards, we need them forever ...

here are some pic i saw at gao00.com. she's very gorgeous in it so i post it here. enjoy!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/sw33t_angel/GYY%20Pics/gyymodeling1.jpg')

^^
    Not very fond of the that pic. But the one Jeneshii posted is absolutely stunning!
    My life...my story...check it out: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=lRainDropsl

My Alyssa Chia/ Zhao Wen Zhou fan fic:http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/lRainDropsl/

Cool

yeah...thought they make up was abit too thick...but her eyes look so stunning... and she is a fillial daughter....
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

some magazine scans frm gao00.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/mag1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/mag2.jpg')

Wise Fool

this one's gorgeous
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/mag3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/mag4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/mag5.jpg')

Wise Fool

thnkx sunnysnow for the pics and maz.

but hey ...i went into that gao00.com last nite ...i can't get into the pic section ...plus it in chinese too ... ...it there anyway get into english gao00 site ??

its difficult if u cant read chinese. is there an english site?

anyway, another pic i got off the site, she looks absolutely stunning.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/oo1.jpg')

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    Cool where did you get the picture from??? Does gao00.com even update new pictures, i visited the site so many times and the pictures are like the same no change???
    Was just searching for her online
    I can't manage to get into gao00.com unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii
    Was just searching for her online
    I can't manage to get into gao00.com unfortunately

does gao00.com site got english version ..that i could read ??? ..i could never get into that site ..or any pics site in gao00.com