Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan (高圆圆)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    That's true..since GYY is already pretty to begin with. But i'm curious to see the "ugly to cute" one

lol, Netdriftr, it's now you're chance to show off your amazing photo manipulation skills and turn 'ugly' into cute

Default more pics..stop drooling Chuy!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.baixun.com/image.php?album=8366&owner=nvhaizhenmei&imgname=11 49656197.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.baixun.com/image.php?album=8366&owner=nvhaizhenmei&imgname=11 49656265.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.baixun.com/image.php?album=8366&owner=nvhaizhenmei&imgname=11 49674592.jpg')
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I have yet to showcase my ub3r l337 photo manip that turns a princess into a monst*r pretty sliq I must say.
    sli-q inc productions.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    I have yet to showcase my ub3r l337 photo manip that turns a princess into a monst*r pretty sliq I must say.
    sli-q inc productions.
    now would be a good time to showcase your skills

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b167/volczZz/stri.jpg')
    sliqzzzzzzz....

jkz gotta prac up now

i'm very convinced

it's easier to make a pretty actress look ugly though

must go to read some tut's from good-tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.baixun.com/image.php?album=8366&owner=nvhaizhenmei&imgname=11 49656197.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.baixun.com/image.php?album=8366&owner=nvhaizhenmei&imgname=11 49656265.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.baixun.com/image.php?album=8366&owner=nvhaizhenmei&imgname=11 49674592.jpg')

OMG...AHHHHH $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i6.tinypic.com/121tzdk.gif')

Love you Sunny for all the pictures you posted
    Last edited by chuy605; 06-07-06 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    now would be a good time to showcase your skills
    I'm a big fan of GYY, but I would like to enter this contest to make GYY look ugly using photoshop, but i don't want to make everyone here mad so I will do it only if i get the permission. So I will let Sunnysnow or 0-0-0 decide if i can do it.
    Last edited by chuy605; 06-07-06 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    I'm a big fan of GYY, but I would like to enter this contest to make GYY look ugly using photoshop, but i don't want to make everyone here mad so I will do it only if i get the permission. So I will let Sunnysnow or 0-0-0 decide if i can do it.
    lol sliq !

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    lol, Netdriftr, it's now you're chance to show off your amazing photo manipulation skills and turn 'ugly' into cute
    i need a donor portrait
    *looks at 0-0-0*
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

eh... as the person who sort of started this whole idea (since someone commented on that picture that i "edited", i would just like to make clear that i did not manipulate any facial features, only enhanced the lighting/coloring.

being a former graphics design/imaging staff of the gyy's official staff, i think it is a rude idea to hold a contest to make gyy look "ugly" or change any of the picture w/out both the actual actress/photographer's consent. manipulation and enhancement are completely different stories (especially manipulation in a negative way).

if you want to test your photoshop skills, use your own photographed pictures.

sorry for the rant, but trust me, u don't want to upset the gyy fans (and i'm not talking about the ones in this forum).

hey tytobug, can i post your manip in another forum...i'm sure gyy fans will really appreciate them...

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    hey tytobug, can i post your manip in another forum...i'm sure gyy fans will really appreciate them...
    yeah its fine, so long as the watermark for the site is still there besides, lol have the images here (the older ones) were scanned by me (whenever i went to shanghai, YIZHICHUN store manager always gives me the catalogs/posters of gyy cuz i told them i want to scan it for the official site). oh, and gyy use to be a model for Ray magazine too (a popular japanese translated into chinese fashion magazine)... infact, a lot of popular chinese actresses started off modeling for Ray magazine.

now adays gyy is just wayyy too popular, i can't keep up w/her fast pace (and still trying to juggle w/school and ect), so i jus do some enhancement instead.

glad to know that she's considered way popular...but i can't tell because there's so little news of her. do you know if she's gonna make a movie with donnie? and i will leave the pix as is and give credit where it's due. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    glad to know that she's considered way popular...but i can't tell because there's so little news of her. do you know if she's gonna make a movie with donnie? and i will leave the pix as is and give credit where it's due. thanks.
    haha, i just recently got back in on the gyy "crew" (good thing everyone still remembers me), but i'll ask and confirm if she is or not making a movie with donnie.

well, i guess popular isn't the most suitable word (don't get me wrong), i think she's the type of actress that almost everyone (of all ages) tend to like (even my mom says she is now her favorite actress). even if there aren't as many news and rumors about her, she still remains one of the favorites based on both talent, personality and looks. (a rare combination of 3 in these days)

i didn't quite read the other 2000 replies before me, but i hear news about her all the time compared to other mainland actresses. i suppose i can try to (my chinese is still not very good) update some more recent news about her. her personality is rather "reserved", back in the days, she use to always say if she had a choice, she'd rather be a normal girl than a popular celebrity (please don't quote me on that), but atleast thats what i gathered.
    Last edited by TytOBug; 06-08-06 at 01:59 AM.

don't know if this is old news (once again, sorry i didn't read posts before this)...

here's a clip of gyy saying hello to her fans from her official website (http://www.gao00.com)

for those who do not understand chinese, try listening to the clip anyways (her voice is very sweet).

generally, she is saying hello and apologizing to her fans that she was unable to come online to chat with everyone on her birthday because she was extremely busy with shooting a drama.

http://yuan.gao00.com/video/dalian0410.WMV

Quote Originally Posted by TytOBug
    eh... as the person who sort of started this whole idea (since someone commented on that picture that i "edited", i would just like to make clear that i did not manipulate any facial features, only enhanced the lighting/coloring.

being a former graphics design/imaging staff of the gyy's official staff, i think it is a rude idea to hold a contest to make gyy look "ugly" or change any of the picture w/out both the actual actress/photographer's consent. manipulation and enhancement are completely different stories (especially manipulation in a negative way).

if you want to test your photoshop skills, use your own photographed pictures.

sorry for the rant, but trust me, u don't want to upset the gyy fans (and i'm not talking about the ones in this forum).
    Sorry, but you did't statred the whole idea of using photoshop on GYY's picture, I did it so many time and posted lots of them in page 90 something. And i know what you mean about upset other people, that is why i'm asking for permission. That is why Sunny mistaken ur work for my.
    Last edited by chuy605; 06-08-06 at 02:31 AM.

Sorry, but you did't statred the whole idea of using photoshop on GYY's picture, I did it so many time and posted lots of them in page 90 something. And i know what you mean about upset other people, that is why i'm asking for permission. That is why Sunny mistaken ur work for my.
    well, i didn't really read all of the posts (although i'm trying to look back at some of them but there are just way to many to catch up).

i don't get it, is Sunny in charge of Gao Yuan Yuan's pictures? technically in china there are currently no strict laws on copyrighting and such. but i still think it is wrong to photoshop anyone's picture in a negative way (and hypocritical to say that they're still a fan). bad idea..... i would be one of the first to get mad i'll tell you that.

lol, i don't mind... i know GYY is beautiful and one photoshop picture is not going to change my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    i need a donor portrait
    *looks at 0-0-0*
    Are you looking for an ugly photo to make cute or are you looking for a beautiful photo to make ugly?

i admit i have both though