Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan (高圆圆)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    she looks rather tan in the pics dont u think? or maybe it's the make-up and colour of her dress. somehow, i dont think GYY looks very flattering in brown. There was once she wore this brown dress and permed her hair for last yr's Shanghai film festival or smth and she looked rather old.
    GYY looks great with tan ( if that is tan, i don't anything about women's make up and how it works) either way she looks so cute.

Yea i know what u talking about when she has that permed hair; in that she looks like 40..hehe thank god she's not doing that again.
    Last edited by chuy605; 06-25-06 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    GYY looks great with tan ( if that is tan, i don't anything about women's make up and how it works) either way she looks so cute.
    She does eh? And she's pretty tanned for a chinese star i think, most of them are all fair and pale-y. Tt's why some ppl thought her too dark to play XLN at first. But she probably has some bronzer on in those dior pics.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Sunny you mean this right??

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/chuy605/hair.jpg')
    Last edited by chuy605; 06-25-06 at 03:18 PM.

Default Nothing here that mentions GYY in name.

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/0606M.html#08A

Ang Lee Is Still Casting for LUST, CAUTION (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)
    June 8, 2006

Who will play Wang Jiazhi, the female lead character, in Ang Lee's upcoming Lust, Caution, has become one of the most speculated subject of the Chinese language press. Among so many names being mentioned in the news, Zhang Ziyi and Barbie Hsu are the most popular. Reportedly, Ang Lee's brother Lee Gang said the ideal candidate should be between 19 and 23, should be between 164 and 168 cm, should have a great figure, should be very intelligent and should look elegant. Barbie Hsu (Hsu Hsi-Yuan), more commonly known as The Big S, is a popular singer and TV hostess. Her acting credit is limited to several TV soap series and two horror flicks. Other runners-up and rumored runners-up include Zhou Xun, Shu Qi, Jimmy Liao and Zhang Jingchu. Ang Lee, just auditioned dozens of young women in Taiwan, will travel to the mainland China to meet more candidates in Beijing and Shanghai. Shooting is scheduled to begin this September in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

how sad...and we were hoping for gyy too! is that news more recent than the one posted above? please say it isn't so. i would have loved to see gyy given this opportunity...zhou xun would be my next choice. almost anyone but zzy. pft.

in that pic above, she does look old. that perm hair is the main reason...it's an old woman's hair style, the one most grannies have on to make up for hair loss...she seriously needs to fire her hairstylist. hmph!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n

in that pic above, she does look old. that perm hair is the main reason...it's an old woman's hair style, the one most grannies have on to make up for hair loss...she seriously needs to fire her hairstylist. hmph!
    will, i think GYY just want to try out different hair styles and i bet she will never try this one again.

New hairstyles... at least not as disastrous as this
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/kyokozam/1c58ba8d.jpg')

there's actually nothing wrong with lyf in that pix. that's what she looks like without professional help (or professional photography) to make her look better. she's a slightly above average cute girl...not like gyy who's gorgeous all around. and there's nothing wrong with a ponytail, which is common among teenagers. seriously, gyy's hairstylist needs a new job. at least her fashion consultant has taste.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket

June 8, 2006

Who will play Wang Jiazhi, the female lead character, in Ang Lee's upcoming Lust, Caution, has become one of the most speculated subject of the Chinese language press. Among so many names being mentioned in the news, Zhang Ziyi and Barbie Hsu are the most popular. Reportedly, Ang Lee's brother Lee Gang said the ideal candidate should be between 19 and 23, should be between 164 and 168 cm, should have a great figure, should be very intelligent and should look elegant. Barbie Hsu (Hsu Hsi-Yuan), more commonly known as The Big S, is a popular singer and TV hostess. Her acting credit is limited to several TV soap series and two horror flicks. Other runners-up and rumored runners-up include Zhou Xun, Shu Qi, Jimmy Liao and Zhang Jingchu. Ang Lee, just auditioned dozens of young women in Taiwan, will travel to the mainland China to meet more candidates in Beijing and Shanghai. Shooting is scheduled to begin this September in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

I am going for GYY. Barbie and ZZY.. should burn
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

WOW! You are even more hardcore than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I am going for GYY. Barbie and ZZY.. should burn

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    New hairstyles... at least not as disastrous as this
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/kyokozam/1c58ba8d.jpg')

It's LYF and Liu Tao in that picture. They go out together when together act in tianlongbabu.

What? No LYF mother guarding over her?

What? No LYF mother guarding over her?
    shes growing up.

big s is gonna be in it? i thought she was going to be in tis other one production...or is it the same one?
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

June 8, 2006

Barbie and ZZY are the most popular contenders

I can't believe those happen to be two of the actresses i dislike most! Barbie=can't act, and ZZY=overated and starring in EVERYTHING

there's nothing wrong with a ponytail, which is common among teenagers.
    At first glance i thought LYF shaved her head I didn't even notice the ponytail.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    Sunny you mean this right??

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/chuy605/hair.jpg')
    Yes. The hair and dress are just so wrong for GYY. Told ya she didnt look gd in brown

Wise Fool

June 8, 2006

The latest news movietv posted was written on 24th June so this article is a much earlier one. This article states that Ang Lee hasn't visited Mainland, China yet whereas in the later news, he has already visited Beijing and Shanghai and has reportedly met with GYY. i don't think he would use ZZY though since he did have some sort of a tiny conflict with her earlier on. Barbie Hsu just doesn't strike me as a classy and sophisticated woman and Shu Qi has always been more lolita-ish thn elegant for me. Zhou Xun would probably be the only one i'll pick over GYY since she is, after all, a better actress but she doesnt have a "great figure" (she's so thin and petite and is only 1.6m if im nt wrong).

BTW, all the actresses listed are above 23yrs old. Besides the age criteria, GYY actually fits the other criterias hands down ..though there might be some dispute over how good her figure is..some people may find it too thin (i'm thinking of a sugary person here ).

Wise Fool

The latest news movietv posted was written on 24th June so this article is a much earlier one. This article states that Ang Lee hasn't visited Mainland, China yet whereas in the later news, he has already visited Beijing and Shanghai and has reportedly met with GYY. i don't think he would use ZZY though since he did have some sort of a tiny conflict with her earlier on. Barbie Hsu just doesn't strike me as a classy and sophisticated woman and Shu Qi has always been more lolita-ish thn elegant for me. Zhou Xun would probably be the only one i'll pick over GYY since she is, after all, a better actress but she doesnt have a "great figure" (she's so thin and petite and is only 1.6m if im nt wrong).

BTW, all the actresses listed are above 23yrs old. Besides the age criteria, GYY actually fits the other criterias hands down ..though there might be some dispute over how good her figure is..some people may find it too thin (i'm thinking of a sugary person here ).
    thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! yeah, no need to squirm thinking that zzy may star in this. gyy all the way!!!! with tony too.

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! yeah, no need to squirm thinking that zzy may star in this. gyy all the way!!!! with tony too.
    Do u realise tt ZZY loves pissing off the directors who groomed her up? First, Zhang Yimou, now, Ang Lee. Not a very wise thing to do eh?

Wise Fool

Pride. All that ballywood went into her head and she believed all those rubbish about her being the greatest living legend.

Do u realise tt ZZY loves pissing off the directors who groomed her up? First, Zhang Yimou, now, Ang Lee. Not a very wise thing to do eh?