Page 4 of 285 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gao Yuan Yuan (高圆圆)

gee, she is the main reason why i want to watch hsds even though i haven't heard great reviews about it. alyssa is the second reason...too bad there's no real men in that series to capture my attention, but these two actresses are good enough for me to spend countless hours in front of the screen.

anyone know what's going on with gyy? any big project where she is lead, in particular ancient series?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Originally posted by patricia n
    gee, she is the main reason why i want to watch hsds even though i haven't heard great reviews about it. alyssa is the second reason...too bad there's no real men in that series to capture my attention, but these two actresses are good enough for me to spend countless hours in front of the screen.

You know, i feel the same way. I only watched HSDS 2003 for the girls, Gyy and AC. Alec Su is just :bleh:

How come she can't be XLN in ROCH?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I thought HSDS 2003 was pretty good. Its main drawback was the rather pathetic graphics.
    Gao Yuan Yuan is absolutely beautiful as Zhou Zhi Ruo. She and Xiao Zhao (played by Florence Tan) were my two favorite girls in there. Alyssa probably stole the show though, with her commendable portrayal of the headstrong, but kind-hearted Zhao Min.

Does anyone plan on watching Gao Yuan Yuan's latest serial " Shen Yi Xia Lu(u)"?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/72/l_p1003782772.jpg')

Alyssa is in it too.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-20-04 at 01:44 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I liked HSDS03. Gao Yuan Yuan was very cute. I didn't even know about her until after watching. She really did well though, gave me a different view on ZZR.

For her new serie with Alyssa and Vincent, I'm looking forward to it somewhat. I don't quite like the sound of her character, but she looks cute. Lol, another chance to "fight" over the guy with Alyssa

I'ld like to see GYY in more ancient series. She looks very pretty in the outfits and all!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i still like Sheren Tang as ZZR, but GYY was more beautiful. Anyways she is better than Charmaaine

Why can't GYY be XLN in ROCH 2004?

i heard she has to do another seires while they film roch.

AWWWWWWWWWw what a shame. I think she is a good candidate to try out for XLN.... HEr cold glares are

yea also shui ling,,, i heard too much rumours on her as lin dai yu in the upcomgin hong lou meng series, and tahts the same time when they film roch. so these two popular choices are out.

i think gyy did a great job as zzr, they shoudln;t put all that weird makeup on her at the end, it makes it seems she has to use makeup to look evil toward the ending, but her acting is already pretty good enough in those evil looking parts.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

just started watching hsds (well about half way through now, after 5 days ) and i find both GYY and alyssa to be very attractive (im gonna have to start watching more mainland production )
    i dont like GYY's hair in the series tho, she got stuck w/ the "granny cut", makes her looks old. also, too bad her role doesnt allow her to smile more, cuz she have a really nice smile. wish she can play alyssa's role in hsds, cuz alyssa is smiling in pretty much every scene.

Originally posted by Ding Dang
    i think gyy did a great job as zzr, they shoudln;t put all that weird makeup on her at the end, it makes it seems she has to use makeup to look evil toward the ending, but her acting is already pretty good enough in those evil looking parts.
    Really? I actually liked her makeup when she was evil. *grins* I liked the heavy makeup on her eyes, and the claw like thing in her hair.

superkaratemonkey, GYY said in an interview about why she wasn't smiling in HSDS was because she was emotionally down during the filming due to the stress and whatnot. Maybe that's why? I've never read the novels, but I get the impression that ZZR shouldn't always be this angsty.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

You know, there was this scene where GYY is all alone in HSDS where she is reminicsing about ZWJ. SHe just sat their and smiled. you really get a many angles of her subtle beauty

Great guys, now i have to wipe off the drool on my kewboard thinking about her

I actually thought GYY looking angsty was quite appropriate for the story because her character did indeed experience a lot of stress and anxiety. I mean, if I had a sifu like Mie Jue who put so much pressure on me and wouldn't let me be with the guy I loved (who in turn loved another girl more) or had such unsupportive "sisters", I wouldn't exactly be smiling alot either.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hehe Lady Zhuge..i finally got whereu got ur name.. i think..

anyways

i agree with you. I Don't think ZZR should be all prancy or jumpy as ZM. I think ZZR should be the polite one, calm , making everyong think she is innocent.

Oh definitely. Angsty is the way to go for ZZR, but I think she could have had some happy moments too.

I mean, I think there were moments in the series (my memory's a bit blurred; sorry) when she was with Alec when she could have been happier. I can understand if she was unhappy with him towards the end because she's beginning to know that he's never going to love her as much as he loves Zhao Min, but I think towards the beginning, she's still naive and blind enough to be happy in his presence.

i think gyy looks the best with a grin or a small smile, she loosk realy sweet smile like that.

Hehe, now I almost feel the urge to go back and rewatch HSDS 2003 just to carefully observe GYY's facial expressions in certain situations and under certain circumstances.

I think that GYY has a naturally sweet face. She looks especially pitiful when she gazes into the camera with a small pout.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I tell ya, she should be the new XLN she has a calm face

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    I think that GYY has a naturally sweet face. She looks especially pitiful when she gazes into the camera with a small pout.
    She does. Although is it just me, or does she look different from different angles?

I saw some advertisement pictures of hers, and they were of her modeling outfits, and different angles made her look like different people. @_@

yea shes like morph, she does look diff. in diff pics, ahah....i think tahts good, good for acting to take diff roles.

Yeah, she does look like different people not only from various angles, but also depending on the amount of makeup she's wearing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")