Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hearts Of Fencing 《當四葉草碰上劍尖時》

Can anyone give me some info on the main cast in this series. I have only seen Lai Lok Yi (Au Yeung Yat) and Chan Yu Sum (Kwan Yu Loong) before. The others are all new faces to me. Are they singers?

BTW, I'm up to episode 4 and I felt Race Wong really can't act. The other girls all act better than her. Why choose her to be the lead? She sometimes really spoiled my enjoyment of the series.

I finish this series like last week...and the ending is wrapped up too fast. They added one more episode to it though...so instead of 10 episode, its 11.
    Jany

Originally posted by kidd
    Can anyone give me some info on the main cast in this series. I have only seen Lai Lok Yi (Au Yeung Yat) and Chan Yu Sum (Kwan Yu Loong) before. The others are all new faces to me. Are they singers?
    Don Li (Au Yeung Lok) is a singer; quite a good one too actually, better than the other current singers. Don Chu (dunno he's Chinese name =|||) is just a new TVB actor

Race Wong is part of the HK singing girlgroup R2 with her older sister (although their ethnic background is Singaporean). Lai Lok-Yi is a new TVB actor who you've probably seen playing Joe (boyfriend of Theresa's character) in the new series Aqua Heroes. Sam Chan is the son of a well-known actor in Hong Kong (forgot his name, think his screen name is Sek Sau). As for the other members of the young cast, they're all new. All of them! None except the ones I mentioned are singers, I think.

And you're right. Hearts of Fencing is supposed to be the TVB version of the hypnotically popular Taiwanese series Meteor Garden, which is why there are so many similarities between the two series.

Originally posted by LydMystc
    I finish this series like last week...and the ending is wrapped up too fast. They added one more episode to it though...so instead of 10 episode, its 11.
    Great actually someone finish it... where you from ?.. It's been like 3 weeks my local video store... they haven't receive any tapes of this yet, im in Canada .. im stuck on episodes 6 (tape3)... only half way done... ggrrr... for some reason this series arrive very slowly... probably because of the extension of the drama of 1 episode .. Hopefully it's a good ending for all ?
    Currently watching:
    (TVB): Many @ this time to name... ^^
    (Korean): None
    (Jap): None
    (Just Finish): ...

Just finished episode 8. Best episode in the whole series (well, from epi 1- 8. But I doubt future episodes can meet the standard set in episode 8, especially the beginning part). So artistically done and so filled with emotions.

I won't spoil the show.. but Episode 7 it really *shocked* me.. very emotional... I couldn't believe it.. they did that to...
    Currently watching:

I just finished watching this series. I think the best performance comes from Lai Lok-Yi (who plays Au-Yeung Yat)!

And you're right...episode 8 was fantastic. Definitely the best of the (very short) series.

Just want to make sure, is that shocking turn of event happen in episode 7 or 8? I kind of remember it happened in episode 8 but some said episode 7.

Just want to make sure, is that shocking turn of event happen in episode 7 or 8? I kind of remember it happened in episode 8 but some said episode 7.
    LoL ... I think it happen on 7... and continued on 8... freak... I can't remember , I have to verified.. to lazy now though ... but it was a shocking event that really change completely the serie...
    Currently watching:

Originally posted by Coolnuker
    LoL ... I think it happen on 7... and continued on 8... freak... I can't remember , I have to verified.. to lazy now though ... but it was a shocking event that really change completely the serie...
    Ok, so I didn't mix up the episodes. The shocking event starts in episode 7 but we didn't really know what happen until episode 8. So, what I said about episode 8 in the previous post still stand.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I agree that shocking event did change the series. Before said event, I see the series as just a fluffy, puppy love series with not much substance. A lot of scenes are a waste of time. But episode 8 rised the quality of the series.
    I notice one thing. Although the various guest stars are fun to watch, the storyline in episodes without or with fewer guest stars are better. I think the producer put the guest stars in the first few episodes to attract viewers because the cast is not strong enough. Only after the viewership is established did they start focusing on the storyline.

I think the best performance is from Natalie Tong (Ko Ching - that camera girl). I found her acting the most naturally. Frankly, I think all the younger actors perform quite well except Race Wong (her acting is very bad).

Agree... but have you notice... why during that big event it happen the parents haven't show up at the hospital or something ? or maybe but I miss them...
    Currently watching:

I agree...the parents were missing from the whole aftermath of what happens in episode 7/8 (don't want to ruin it for people who don't want to know what happens).

That was quite inappropriate...but Lai Lok Yi's performance (Au-Yeung Yat) at the beach was terrific.

this serie is not bad. it's good to see that some of these new actors and actresses' acting is not bad.

i agree that Lai Lok Yi's (Au-Yeung Yat) performance is good in this serie.

btw, i just finished episode 10, can't wait till episode 11!
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Just heard Don Li's singing. I agree he is quite a good singer, certainly better than most the current singers. I like his voice. I have only listen to 1 of his 2 songs I managed to find. I didn't really like the 1st song, so, I didn't finish listening to it. I find his voice soothing (in most part of the song) and mature (in the more intense part of the song).

Arrow

May be I'll love this series 4ever!
    Raymond&Michelle 4Ever

Can anyone tell what is the name of the themesong, who sings it and where I can get it?

Can anyone tell what is the name of the themesong, who sings it and where I can get it?
    Title is Shining Friends.. I forgot who sings it though..

you can download and heard a wma version of it over here:

http://music.yf163.com/viewmusic.asp?musicid=1259

or you can search via kazaa for an Mp3 version...
    Currently watching:

I think 2R sings the theme song.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".