Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hearts Of Fencing 《當四葉草碰上劍尖時》

dont you guys notice that Lai Lok-Yi looks like eking cheng? a younger version of him kinda? also...the guy from the other school, nickname was 'big black'...he looks like nicholas tse. in the theme song... i thought it was nicholas tse...
    "if loving you is wrong...then nothing else can be right..."

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Should I get this series?Will anyone here recommend this series to me?

To me this series was boring...or maybe i'm just too old for the this kinda movie.

I didn't like it, the plot was......oh...wait there wasn't a plot. It was like guys like girls, girls like guys.......throw in some fencing and voila, you've got your movie. THe characters were cute, but it was very cheesy at times.

Just my two cents.
    where art thou prince? i want to wake up!

Gah! No, Chris Lai looks a lot better than Ekin Cheng I think. Hahahaha. :-)

KennyLee, I'd recommend this series only if you are part of the younger audience... to anyone relatively older it's kinda (actually make that really) cheesy.

Weak plot, ok characters, bad acting.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Originally posted by TheAznStyle
    dont you guys notice that Lai Lok-Yi looks like eking cheng? a younger version of him kinda? also...the guy from the other school, nickname was 'big black'...he looks like nicholas tse. in the theme song... i thought it was nicholas tse...
    I don't think Chirs looks anything like Ekin but yea Zac does look a lot like Nic Tse. He is soooooo cute.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

The new cast has been chosen by TVB (all a bunch of unknowns recruited from the Hong Kong youth public).
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Thumbs up Hearts of Fencing

I think this movie was surprisingly good. I'm not fairly familiar with the actors/actresses, but I remember ah yut from Aqua Heroes as Grace's ex-boyfriend named Joe. He was that rich guy.
    I think it's so sad ah lok had to die. I don't like nam-nam very much, but I like her with ah yut.

Default lwots the name of this series?

i believe a sequel is in the making at the moment.. i missed it on TVB last oct/november time... it was a big hit.

Excuse the chinese translation but its "..... sai yip cho.. it stars lots of teen idols about life at college i fink..

wots its english title?

hmm lots of teens in as series... is it Aqua Heroes? or Heart of Fencing?

About swimming... I assume the kids are in school.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Talking

Hearts of Fencing
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

Default tvb series

nah..i did watch about 5 chapters of aqua heroes..

its a long title .. it maybe hearts of fencing.. but the sequel i hear has got quality cast.. ie jacky cheung, andy hui is to make guest appearances..

how long was the series..10 chapters?

sorri, just noticed a thread has been done concerning this..
    Last edited by teddybear; 08-23-04 at 04:39 PM.

THe new title for the sequel has the word "Sands" in it because, most of the scene takes place on the beach.

Well I rented this serie a few days ago and I finished watching it last night. Overall I thought the serie was okay. It was a short and amusing serie with many many new faces. Many of the things in it was very predictable though such as the pairings and who would come out as the "best."

The casting was okay, but most of them was very wooden or raw. Espically the girls if you ask me. Lol, I really had a hard time keeping up with which was which. They just all looked the same to me.

The guys were easier to tell apart. (thank goodness.) Anyways I think that they all looked a lot better at the end, much younger then their HS look, but it fit better with their characters in the end.

I liked all the supporting and guest appearences. Eileen was cute to watch. I liked her with Edward Leung, they made a nice pair. Chin Ka Lok was very amusing. I couldn't help, but laugh at his mustach...

I liked the songs in here. They all were pretty nice to listen to. I think the themesong Shining Friends is pretty catchy. Lol, this is all the "good" points about the serie. The bad points will come soon ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Talking

Sadly, this sucked. The plot just wasn't good enough for me. I watched like three episodes and then I told my dad to stop renting it cos I was about to kill myself. x_x
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

Lol maymoo, it wasn't that horrible for me. I survived ^_^ Anyways since I've got the time here goes the bad points or just things I thought was confusing or annoying.

The main thing that really got me was the story of when Race was younger and she got hurt while biking. Okay who were all those people walking around with red umbrellas? Seriously that was just creepy, I thought it was a funeral at first. Anyways a little kid is there crying and bleeding, but they continue walking on? Goddess looks around wonderingly)

When Don dies, where are the parents? All I see is the group of kids crying and running to the hospital. I would have liked to see a bit more of them. But I guess that one scene where the mom is cleaning his room sorta works too...

I'm completely confused about the story with Edmond and his pals. Like why were they competing against each other? So let me get this striahgt. They were on the same team, but then they entered the individual competition so had to go against each other right?

Another question, so is Chris and Don twins or something? I thought it would be interesting if they would expand on that "brother communication" they had. Oh and whats with Chris having all these hazy images? Oh yes, another thing. So Chris is a left hander? Thats interseting!! So far I know of two left handed actors, hehe ^_^

Okay when the four guys were training and Edmond was throwing tomatoes at them....now isn't that called abuse? Maybe its just me, but do teachers get to do that? I was pretty amused there though.

In the "final" fencing competition Chris was going up against Ko Ho Ching or whats his name. Anyways it showed Chris and Don like one person.....now I'm just curious what was the meaning of this? They've "united" as one?

Well thats about all I can think of for now. Just an another question to think about. Between "The Four God Swords" who do you think had the most potential? Me, it would have been Kenny of Boyz. My reasons are as follows. Lol, don't think I'm crazy!!!

1. The photo of the four that hung at the fencing booth. Steven, Tin Yau, and Yau Nam were all somewhat grouped closer together while Kenny was quite further apart from them.

2. When the four of them was helping that pregnant women give birth. They all quite didn't know what to do except for Kenny who had taken a class. Lol, forgot the class, but it involved this stuff.

3. In the Making of HOF. There was a part where it talked about "The Four Sword Gods." There was a picture of Steven, Tin Yau, and Yau Nam "normally." As for Kenny it showed him in his fencing atire and fighting.

Lol, those are my reasons. I just think that in those three "situations" Kenny's character stood out from the group so that just makes me think that he's the more potential one. Well I'm done ^___^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

surprisingly i found this series rather entertaining even though the plot was weak, the story was cheesy and the acting was bad.

weird.

what i liked most was all that greenery. so much green and open space.

where in HK did they film this?
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Lol maymoo, it wasn't that horrible for me. I survived ^_^ Anyways since I've got the time here goes the bad points or just things I thought was confusing or annoying.

The main thing that really got me was the story of when Race was younger and she got hurt while biking. Okay who were all those people walking around with red umbrellas? Seriously that was just creepy, I thought it was a funeral at first. Anyways a little kid is there crying and bleeding, but they continue walking on? Goddess looks around wonderingly)

When Don dies, where are the parents? All I see is the group of kids crying and running to the hospital. I would have liked to see a bit more of them. But I guess that one scene where the mom is cleaning his room sorta works too...

I'm completely confused about the story with Edmond and his pals. Like why were they competing against each other? So let me get this striahgt. They were on the same team, but then they entered the individual competition so had to go against each other right?

Another question, so is Chris and Don twins or something? I thought it would be interesting if they would expand on that "brother communication" they had. Oh and whats with Chris having all these hazy images? Oh yes, another thing. So Chris is a left hander? Thats interseting!! So far I know of two left handed actors, hehe ^_^

Okay when the four guys were training and Edmond was throwing tomatoes at them....now isn't that called abuse? Maybe its just me, but do teachers get to do that? I was pretty amused there though.

In the "final" fencing competition Chris was going up against Ko Ho Ching or whats his name. Anyways it showed Chris and Don like one person.....now I'm just curious what was the meaning of this? They've "united" as one?

Well thats about all I can think of for now. Just an another question to think about. Between "The Four God Swords" who do you think had the most potential? Me, it would have been Kenny of Boyz. My reasons are as follows. Lol, don't think I'm crazy!!!

1. The photo of the four that hung at the fencing booth. Steven, Tin Yau, and Yau Nam were all somewhat grouped closer together while Kenny was quite further apart from them.

2. When the four of them was helping that pregnant women give birth. They all quite didn't know what to do except for Kenny who had taken a class. Lol, forgot the class, but it involved this stuff.

3. In the Making of HOF. There was a part where it talked about "The Four Sword Gods." There was a picture of Steven, Tin Yau, and Yau Nam "normally." As for Kenny it showed him in his fencing atire and fighting.

Lol, those are my reasons. I just think that in those three "situations" Kenny's character stood out from the group so that just makes me think that he's the more potential one. Well I'm done ^___^
    -yea i didn;t get the part about don dying and no parents...
    -the part about Edmond and his friend...i think they used to be like a group but then they prob graduated and did individual competitions and they were up against each other...and Edmond got hurt in the eye...
    the meaning of this is that it tells why Edmond doesn't let his students enter individual competitons, he doesn't want the group to break apart and hurt each other.....
    -and for the final competition, why don was there is that i believe that its because fighting "hak" was always don's dream for fencing, like defeating him...since he was the top fencing in high schools... and finally don's bro got a chance to fight him and don was there as a sign that they were doing it together because don was the one who wanted to defeat him, and don's bro knew that he wasn't as good as don, and prob needed don's help/support as well....

i found it kinda weird for the script writers to put suck a dramastic change in the mood of this series (with the death) in such a short series....

this series is ok...i agree that its more for young teens...lots of puppy love in here, determination and friendship....i would recommend this series if you have nothing else to watch or just want to watch something less serious and short for a change....but if not....don't watch this series...
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

This serie reminded me of All About Boyz which was another kind of young teen serie. But I perfer All About Boyz more since the casting was smaller, well main cast that is so easier to keep up with. Lol, not to mention how cute Boyz are....

Thanks for the answers Kloey hehe, much appriciated. I agree with you on the change of the mood though. It was a bit sudden and very unexpected. I would rather that it didn't have happened though since the serie took a dive there, but it did pick up its pace again, yet it just wasn't HOF without Don.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey there!

Is this movie out in viet yet??
    WU ZUN ! <3

Hey cupcakes This serie has released out in viet for some time now. Title is Hoc Truong Kiem Thuat with 6 tapes total
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.