Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 yin manual

Default 9 yin manual

can someone give me a very detailed description of 9 yin and how everything works....

If there is someone who knows about 9 yin manual in detail, he/she must be no.1 in Wulin now ... J/k
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I don't think the novel itself is very detail with the manual. But we do know that it compose of two volume. One on martial art techniques and the other on internal energy cultivation. The instructions inside were more advance than the Greats' so that's why they want to get their hands on it. There are also things inside like ways to heal, some fighting concepts, etc.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I don't think the novel itself is very detail with the manual. But we do know that it compose of two volume. One on martial art techniques and the other on internal energy cultivation. The instructions inside were more advance than the Greats' so that's why they want to get their hands on it. There are also things inside like ways to heal, some fighting concepts, etc.
    If 9 Yin was more advanced than the Great's martial arts, wouldn't Guo Jing be able to defeat all the Greats no problem? However, he was only able to tie, o rhave a slight advantage in the fight against OYF. I think the Greats wanted to obtain 9 yin as an add-on to their skills, but it does not necessarily mean 9 yin is more advance than the Greats' skills.

Originally posted by KJ
    If 9 Yin was more advanced than the Great's martial arts, wouldn't Guo Jing be able to defeat all the Greats no problem? However, he was only able to tie, o rhave a slight advantage in the fight against OYF. I think the Greats wanted to obtain 9 yin as an add-on to their skills, but it does not necessarily mean 9 yin is more advance than the Greats' skills.
    Well, although Guo Jing is only about equal with the other Greats, it had taken him a lot less time to reach that status of being equal to people that have a well 30-40 years over him

Plus I think WCY also thought that the concept of martial arts inside the manual were more advance when he skim through the books.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Advanced Martial Arts != invincibility

This is the trap that SoL fell into and I hope that you don't fall into also.

The same person ,if presented with two martial arts that he/she is equally compatible with, will be stronger if he/she mastered the more advanced one.

However, if it's two different people it isn't so clear-cut and it also depends on the aptitude of the practicioner.

Of course, generally, more advanced techniques will yield a stronger fighter.

I think generally 9 Yin is a more advance type of martial arts then the Greats'.

WHere does GJ stand at the end of ROCH compared to the Greats? Surely the 9 yin would of put his skills way above the greats.

What about YG ? He was able to level with the greats without 9 Yin.

YG did know a little 9 yin, WCY left some part of 9 yin to beat LCY's kung fu in the tomb.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by ToOn99
    YG did know a little 9 yin, WCY left some part of 9 yin to beat LCY's kung fu in the tomb.
    Yes you are right, but I think the meeting with the condor that gave him the biggest gain.

Originally posted by Stance
    Yes you are right, but I think the meeting with the condor that gave him the biggest gain.
    I guess loss of XLN for 16 years gave him more gain. Supposed, XLN didnt jump to the abyss, he must think about romance everyday and forget to learn Kung Fu.

Originally posted by Stance
    WHere does GJ stand at the end of ROCH compared to the Greats? Surely the 9 yin would of put his skills way above the greats.

GJ was 30-40 years behind in inner energy cultivation but 9 Yin gave him the ability to catch up if not surpass the other greats. That does indicate the potential of 9 yin.

YG had the benefit of the ice jade bed and the snake gall bladders. Plus he is a real talented chap too. Oh yeah, the partial 9 Yin was of course better then a kick in the nuts.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

you ever wonder, GJ wasn't a very bright guy, but he sure got lots of great skills you wonder if it is him not knowing what to do and somehow finds out these things. 9 yin sure benefit him a lot.

well, there are just lucky ppl out there...idiots finding the best stuff by chance .

9 yin may have contributed to parts of YG's success in the early days, but after learning teh iron sword, i don't think it would've affected his training that much.

if there's anything i've learned from starting a YG vs. GJ thread, it's that GJ was not an idiot who just stumbled by his skills. he was just someone who excelled in training rather than strategy, like YG.

you wanna see a real idiot stumble onto great martial arts? check out shi potian, man.

ode to gallantry!...

the dude learned the world's most profound kungfu because he was illiterate. i mean, how great is that?
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Originally posted by sixdays
    if there's anything i've learned from starting a YG vs. GJ thread, it's that GJ was not an idiot who just stumbled by his skills. he was just someone who excelled in training rather than strategy, like YG.

you wanna see a real idiot stumble onto great martial arts? check out shi potian, man.

ode to gallantry!...

the dude learned the world's most profound kungfu because he was illiterate. i mean, how great is that?
    Hey SPT is consider a genius. His understanding of martial art is beyond belief.

idoit should people like DY

DY isn't an idiot. His knowledge of the I Ching is amazing hence he learnt Bei Ming and LBWB with ease.

There are only few idiots in JY novels that reach great level of martial arts. On top of my head right now, they are You Tan Zhi and Mu Rong Fu.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

MRF isn't an idiot. Well, I consider him an idiot with a bit above average intelligence.

someone quickly prove to me why shi potian isn't an idiot.

that's the whole premise of the story...

"idiot savant learns the world's best kungfu"

haha, even his teacher wanted to get rid of him by teaching him both 9yin and 9yang at the same time. he learned it, though....

maybe he's like rainman.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.