Page 10 of 130 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Huang Xiao Ming

the english link to the website does not seem to be working...

I am just wondering...do artists have a choice over their styling? because that while outfit HXM is in on one of the webpages certainly's not to my taste..its too gayish (meant no offence) and seriously not stylish or cool. It does not mean that he or any artist, for that matter, needs to be styled up, esp if its being done all wrongly. A decent, clean-cut suit or smart-casual wear, nothing too fanciful would look good. if the management company wants the artist to wear something more fanciful, it should make them look good or better ... not somehow...worse.... Its all wrong for the image.
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-24-04 at 01:45 AM.

As you may recognized, my online name is actually my real name. It's a Vietnamese name for I'm a Vietnamese, not Chinese. My last name is Le, and my first name is Chau.

Yes, the voice in DHTZ II was different. In my opinion, the voice is not as good as the person in the first one eventhough the voice in the second one is not bad. Just not as good. Actually, of all the people who dubbed his voice, I like the person who dubbed for him in the first one the most. When I first heard his voice, I think it really fit the way HXM was acting. During the DH I, it really sound like the voice of an emperor, very noble. As for Tang Buo Hu, it really does sound very childish, very cute. Really fit with whatever emotion, style XM was displaying.

Those shows I mentioned were his early works, so many people wouldn't have known. For example, the one that I had to watch online "Hua Ni Mei Mei", I couldn't find it anywhere. Luckily, I found at a webpage that has the whole series online. That one, they do record on scene, therefore that one also has XM's own voice.

As for his movie "Ming Liang De Xin", I found it on YesAsia. Eventhough I haven't seen it before and didn't know if I like it or not, but because it was only $4 so I decided to get it anyway. It turned out quite worth it for that's the only item of my collection has his real voice.

In the movie, he played a police officer who was just fresh out of the academy. He played a very caring and gentle person. The story was about an old blind veteran who sell newspaper on the side of the street came to the police department to report a possible kidnap case. Ussually, there was a little girl who would came to his newstand everyday to buy newspaper. The newspaper would only cost $1, but she would always put down a $5 bill instead of $1. So he really like the girl and in his mind she was an angel. Suddenly, in the past few days, she didn't come to his newstand anymore so he worried something happened to her. XM was assigned to help him find the girl. At first, he didn't think his account was enough to declare that she was missing, so he wanted to get rid of him. But his determination moved XM and aggreed to help him find the girl. That started their relationship and they eventually became good friend. Well, in the end, ofcourse he found his angel.

As for the english link at his website. I think they didn't make an English version of it.

I also didn't like the white shirt he wears too. To be honest, this is not the first time I don't like the cloth an actor/actress wear. Oh well, that's the way with the fashion people. Sometimes we just have no idea what's going on with their mind. Probably because they work with too many cloth that they lost their mind?

What about the content? What do you think?

Regards,
    Chau Le.

Unhappy

Hi Le

I thot that a chinese name for you could be Chao Le or Zhao Le..sounds really nice to me

I agree that the DHTZ2's voice was not bad, just not as good...in fact, I feel the same about what u said about the versatality of that DHTZ1 voice as well....really depict the Tang bo hu's various emotions very well..so cute and was also befitting of an emperor too.

Regarding 'Hua Ni Mei Mei', which website is that? I could go check out too. what's the storyline?

The storyline of the movie sounds interesting. I would like to watch it...do you know where I can get it now? the same website is selling it? I assume u got it for US $4..was it dvd or vcd?

You are truly a HXM fan...you know extensively about him. for me, I really like his performance in DHTZ1 and Tang Bo Hu therefore begin to be interested in his other works. The first show I seen him in was HZGG3. At that time, I thot this was a good-looking chap but he did not make much of an impression on me in that show other than a new good-looking guy is in it. I think it was combination of his looks and performance in the mentioned 2 dramas that made a deep impression on me.
    Very well-acted. in addition, the storyline and supporting casts for DHTZ1 and Tang Bo Hu were great too, enhancing the overall entertainment value of both shows.

Regarding the content of the webpage, I have difficulty reading it since its all in chinese....I read English much faster.

Content seems ok but layout definitely could be improved. I still think they should style HXM in better clothes and give him a better haircut.

Any thots of him in return of the condor heros (ROCH)? there was a long thread here previously....sadly, I think that thread has died....

Oh yes, he has a modern serial, 'nu cai nan mao'...have you watch it or u planning to get it? I heard its new. any idea on the storyline for this one?

till again...
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-25-04 at 10:36 PM.

The website's address is : http://www.sctv.com/vod/list.asp?cur...em=NEW_MOVIE01

You'll need a very high speed internet to view the series. Otherwise, you will only able to listen and view frame for frame.

It's a VCD and I bought the movie from YesAsia. Here's the link: http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...c/version-all/
    YesAsia sell it for US $3.49. They also have a free shipping policy for orders over $39. I've been their customer for many years now.

Regarding his hair cut. Well, he like it short. So that's his choice.

As of Nu Cai Nan Mao, because he filmed it after Long Piao so they will only broadcast after Long Piao. They are still in the negotiation of the broadcasting price with the TV stations. As far as I know, it's about the life of models. In there, he plays a models coach. I think his character is also pretty complex too. He likes to act complex characters, which is great.

As of ROCH. I think he's a perfect choice. I have no doubt in his acting skill. But I just wish that the costume director was suck. She made him look bad. If he just have a better costume and hair, he would have been look much better and much more eye catching. One more thing, I extremely don't like the Heavy Sword that YG suppose to have after he lost his arm. Man, it was waaay tooo biiig, waaay tooo weiiird. I don't know how they gonna film him weilding it.

Eventhough LYF also seem to be a right choice, but she probably look too sweet for it. But on the other hand, her innocence look is great too.

I don't know if the rest of the acst will be able to portray their roles correctly.

But another very important aspect is the way they film the series. Just hope the director, and special effect director will do it right. Especially the fighting sequences.

Zhang Ji Zhong did ok with Tian Long Ba Bu though. Aside from that I think other Jin Yong's addaptions he made were total failures. I really hope this will not be another failure of his. I hope he won't drag my Jiao Zhu with him.

Talk to you later,
    Chau Le.

Hi Chau Le! Welcome to the thread! IT is nice to see another fan of Xiao Ming here. Actually, your name would be Zhou/Zhu(depending on the character) Li in Mandarin and Chow Lai in Cantonese. Do you speak or understand Chinese? Just wondering... Thanks for telling us about the movie that has his real voice in there. I have seen many of this series in Chinese and they are all dubbed. I only heard his real voice in the HZGG 3 group song. It sounded kind of deep to me.

Regarding the mainland adaptions, I only somewhat liked LOCH but it wasn't as great as everyone was saying... I didn't like XAJH or DGDS at all... They were so disappointing to me. My mom didn't like any of them and she has read the novels for them all. Some people accuse me of not reading the novels yet and being critical. Honestly, I have read some of the novels but haven't finished them since they are soooo long and I get lazy. I read them in Chinese too and I have people who just read Viet translations accuse me of this and that.... I can read Viet as well and I must say I still don't like any of the mainland adaptions very much. The only thing I really like about them is the real landscape that they have, that's it.. I really hope that ROCH won't be disappointing. I think his clothes are ok, but what is up with the hair???? You like LYF as XLN?? I actually don't and didn't like her as WYY either.... But lets see how this series goes..

To Strawberry, I just answered your private message and will be talking more to you soon. I gotta get back to my work now... sigh. I can't stand school anymore...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi Trinie, thank you for the welcoming.

Well, my name is a Vietnamese namebecause I'm a Vietnamese. You got my last name translated into Cantonese/Mandarin correctly, but my first name actually means "Pearl".

You're welcome, it's so rare to be able to listen to his voice and that made his voice so precious. He has a very cute voice.

I didn't like any of the adaptions ZJZ made too. Tian Long Ba Bu was just ok, watchable. But the others, nah. But that's just my opinion though. So you can tell that I didn't have very high hope for this one either. I just hope that at least it was watchable. Sound depressing, isn't it? I remember when I first started to like him and when I was discussing about him, both me and my friend just suddenly came up with the idea that he will be really fit to play Yang Guo. In our mind, somehow we thought that if anybody can be Andy Lau's successor that person must be him. How coincidently, he got the role.

Yup, I really hate those "all let loose" hair. When I saw the hair style in the LOCH and then see the same style of hair in other series as well, I figured that nowadays movie makers were heavily influenced by the cartoons and they think it looks more "cool". But I really hate it. I mean, it may look good in cartoons but definitely not on people's real face. So I was really feared that they are going to use the same hair style in ROCH too and it turned out my hunch was unluckily correct.

Don't know if anyone notice but there are other things about nowadays' wuxia series are that they are overexagerating, overly dramatize, over dragging, and try too hard to look cool that it back fire and became fake.

For examples:

1. In Tian Long Ba Bu during the incident of Xiao Feng's position as the leader of Gai Bang was taken away, that alone dragged for like about 4 eps. That's way too long and it made such a good and important part became quite boring.

2. When Xiao Feng stabs himself inorder to pardon the "Zhang Lao" crimes. They made him keep on sticking those knives into his body and just leave them there while him giving out those long speeches. I understand they were trying to make a deeper impression into the viewers' minds, but they made it to become over dramatize that it looked awkward. Instead of feeling touched by it, I was uncomfortable the whole time. I mean, in reality, no one is gonna leave those knives sticking there People would just stab and take it out immediately. Wouldn't you agree?

3. One of the thing that bother me the most is when they trying to make the characters look more cool by having wind blowing out of nowhere to make the hair all fly up. It's ridiculous. Another is when they used wires to pull the sleeves of the coat up and make it looks like was being blown up by wind. It's even way more ridiculous than having wind blowing at the hair. It made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Since they already use the fan to blow the hair, why can't they use it for the clothe too? I mean, are they blind or dumb that think that we couldn't tell the difference b/t natural and fake?

So I'm really worry about ROCH. I really don't want to see those kind of things in it, but it seem to be an impossible wish. ZJZ said this series is going to center on beautiful so I bet it's gonna have all those mentioned. I just really hope that the thespians will be able to use their performances to make up for those technical problems. Especially HXM, eventhough i know it's really tough and that it's kind of impossible for him to safe the whole series by himself.

Above are just my personal views. Hope I didn't piss anyone off. Please forgive me.

Heard that he's going to remake Lu Ding Ji too. Man, that doesn't sound promising either. I already have the best version of all in my mind, Tony Leung's and Andy Lau's version.

You mean people who read the Vietnamese translation versions accused you of something? How can they do that? How weird? What's there to argue? What did they accused you off? Why? What were they based on?

Talk to you later,
    Chau Le.

Is there going to be a remake of Lu Ding Ji? who is going to play Wei Xiao Bao?

Hi Chau Le!
    Nice to hear from you! I got sick of my school work so I am taking a short break.... If your name means Pearl then it should be Zhu as in Zhen Zhu.
    I didn't like TLBB from China very much. I hated the script too. It was kind of stupid sometimes. My mom got annoyed too...People were all raving about it too.
    I agree with you about those scenes. They just get more and more fake. Honestly, I don't really have high hopes for this production since the past 3 mainland productions were already disappointing to me. People were all saying how it good it was so my expectation was really high. I ended up being disappointed.
    I loved the Tony and Andy version of Lu Ding Ji the most too. Did you see the one from Taiwan?? Gosh, that one was a joke!!! Well, there was this one girl from another forum that really liked the 2003 version of DGSD and was saying that I didn't watch it and haven't read the novel(when I actually did, but just didn't finish it all), so I didn't have the right to criticize it. She really liked DGSD and was raving about it and thinks that people who don't like it haven't read the novel. It was this one girl from Vietnam that says that she has read the novel. Well, I told her that I can read both Chinese and Viet and have read some of the novel. I then told her about some changes that JY will make in his 3rd editions and she claims that I was writing a fan fiction and that there was no such thing as the third editions!!!! A lot of Viet fans really pissed me off since 4 of JY's novels were already released in Chinese and they are saying that the 3rd edition didn't exist. Lucky Athena came and confirmed it because they were calling me, her and anyone who said there was a 3rd edition a liar and stupid. But I noticed that after Athena confirmed it, none of them dared to say another word... So it was victory for us.....

Ok gotta get back to my school work! Oh yea, you didn't tell me if you can speak or read Chinese? I am just wondering that's all.... Trinie
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

To chaule and Trine,

I too have just answered your private messages..till again

First of all, to Trinie, sorry for forgotting to reply that question or yours. I can speak quite fluent cantonese. Also can speak mandarin but not very good, understandable. Because I prefer traditional therefore I can read it better than simplified but even with traditional I still have to use dictionaries quite frequently. And I'm very ashame to say that out of all, my ability to write is the worse. My hand writing is soo ugly and often forget how to write too.

When I was reading the news regarding SDXL, it mentioned that when JY visit the set, ZJZ discussed with him about the possible revise parts of LDJ. It also mentioned that JY expressed that he doesn't want an older actor to play Wei Xiao Bao. He wants a young and interesting actor. LDJ is suppose to start after he's done with SDXL.

To Trinie again,

No, I didn't see the TW's LDJ version. Who starred it? I only knew that there's a Chen Siu Chun's version. That one I didn't even care to watch. I also heard that it was just a joke. But that one is TVB. I didn't even know that there's actualy a TW version. Aside from Tony Leung's version, I only seen Dicky's version and I think it was a failure also. Man, they tried to make WXB a big hero.

To be honest, I think at least 90% of people wouldn't believe, even don't want to believe, that JY actually revise his works when they first heard about it until they see it with their own eyes. Furthermore, the news wouldn't reach VN that quick either so they would suspect that it's just all rumors. You know, now adays, news fly every where. It's really hard to tell whether it's fake or not. Just that she should have question you politely and search for the truth before jumping to conclusion and accuse people. I remember when I first heard about it, the first impression in my mind is "Oh no, he wouldn't do that, would he?"

Who's Athena? How did she had such an influence, so much credibility?

who do you think would be a good choice to play Wei Xiao Bao?

We are having really bad rainy weather in singapore..makes me wish I have a car so that its easier to go out.

girls don't get too upset about ROCH (aka STXL).what will be will be. We just have to wait and watch the show when it comes out. I agree that HXM is a good choice for Yang Guo after I saw his performance in Tang Bo Hu.

I keep telling you girls I am from Singapore but forgot to say that I am chinese...just to let you know as well.
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-27-04 at 06:28 AM.

its interesting that you did not like zhou xun version of LOCH...so many poeple did...what was it you did not like about the serial? (u could reply this under the LOCH thread if you preferred)

TO Chau Le,
    Thanks for answering my question. I was just curious that's all. I am similiar to you that I am more used to traditional Chinese than simplified. I am different in the sense that I can speak Mandarin way better than Cantonese. I can understand Cantonese to a limit though. I still remember how to write, but not that well. I need to practice more.
    Taiwan's LDJ starred Dicky Cheung(who is one of my favorite actors, but I didn't like him as Wei Xiao Bao), Athena Chu and many others... The series was NOT accurate at all and they wrote their own story. Can you believe they changed Wei Xiao Bao into hero with high martial arts skills?? That was a shock to me....
    I understand that most people wouldn't believe that JY revised his novels for the 3rd time, but they didn't need to be so rude. Oh Athena is someone from this forum who has read all 4 of the newly released 3rd editions and has posted the changes that JY has made. She was the one that gave them links about the proof and news that JY is revising his novels for the 3rd time and has released some of them. But then all of those people can't read Chinese anyway, but maybe they were convinced...I think they were finally convinced so didn't dare to say another word. But it was really rude of them to call us stupid and a liar.

Hey Strawberry!
    I thought LOCH 2003 was ok, but I didn't think Zhou Xun impressed me as Huang Rong. Everyone raved about her acting so I my expectation was really high. I can't say that I was completely disappointed, but I can't say that she impressed me either. But I like LOCH the most out of all the mainland productions so far. I liked the plot since it was really accurate, but the acting was not very good to me. The costumes were wierd too. What is up with Li Ya Peng's leather jacket???
    I can't think of an actor that can play Wei Xiao Bao... What about you?? I think TOny leung is the BEST Wei Xiao Bao ever....
    It is raining in the US right now too. I am just stuck at my apartment at school doing homework... sigh... You don't have a car ? I don't either, but even if I did I am too busy to go anywhere. It is cold here too.
    It is true about ROCH. I may or may not watch it since I am sort of disappointed with the past mainland productions. I agree that after I saw Xiao Ming in Tang Bo Hu, I knew he would be good for YG. I may end up seeing ROCH since my brother may want to see it. I hope that LYF does better this time though since she disappointed me in DGSD.....
    Ok I am back to my boring school work now... GOsh I can wait for vacation..... Talk to you guys later!!!!

PS- Did you guys see Long Piao yet?

Huang Xiao Ming and Fan Bing Bing appear in ShangHai for the Channel Young Fashion Awards on November 27, 2004

Xiao Ming Fan Bing Bing
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/100.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/101.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/98.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/99.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/U1017P28T3D580813F326DT20041126204626.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/102.jpg')

Xiao Ming

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/163.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/175.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BowyBowy/176.jpg')

thanks..did they win something?

He won the 2004 Most Oustanding Actor Award. FBB and Li Bing Bing both won Best Actress (i think)

Here's the link for HXM's interview after the award.

風尚頒獎大典: mms://61.172.201.153/2004/041126-14.wmv

Here's another of HXM's interview and some scene from Shen Diao Xiao Lu's filming set.

黃曉明接受專訪ㄉ視訊: http://www.i-bbs.cn/celavi/wlwx/11.14hxmtww.WMV

神鵰拍攝視訊: mms://211.167.159.178/stv/ylzx20041122.wmv

Enjoy.

Chau Le.
    Last edited by chaule; 11-30-04 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks for the links, chaule! I watched the first interview and it was so funny how the reporters were going, "Xiao Ming, to the right, no Xiao Ming, to the left!" I really like his real voice now that I've actually heard it, which makes me wonder all the more why they dub him in series like DHTZ and DHTZ II?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-30-04 at 10:40 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Le,

U really go to the trouble of updating his fans with th e latest news...all his related serials have been updateed...kudos to you.

In his interview, when asked by the interviewer if he had a girlfriend in uni, he mentioned his crush on Zhao Wei. but his real relationship was with his girlfried right? not zhao wei right? Zhao wei was just a crush? i am a little confused....will u be able to shed some light on this?

amazing how he could be good friends with zhao wei if he had a crush on her already and she is aware too..she's not the least attracted to him? strange too...but then..to each her own I guess.

i also find that Cecilia Cheung and LYF looks somewhat alike..what do u think?
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-30-04 at 10:55 AM.