Page 12 of 130 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Huang Xiao Ming

Exactly, usually people would look completely different when they grow up. Especially with such a big gap of age. Normally when I look at a person's photo as a kid, it would be very hard to find any similarities between them and hardly can tell that they are the same person. But with Jiao Zhu, when he was 9 yrs old, he already bear the features that he still has today. It's obvious that it was him.

My mom said those were his eyes even in the 100 days old photos....cannot hide!
    and in the 1-2 photo..his features are already there....

btw: I am currently watching zhou xun's LOCH (when I need a break) & something else related, I have seen celebrities's baby photos and normal babies who looked extremely cute.
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-07-04 at 02:03 AM.

You showed your mom his photos? Your mom likes him too? Your mother has sharp eyes. She even recogrnize those features of his in the 100 dys pic.

You're watching LOCH? You bought it or rented it?

In my opinion, most babies are cute even if they grow up to be ugly. I think it's really hard to predict whether people will be beauty or not when they are still babies, don't you think?

oh, I do show my mom such stuff to get a second opinion She thinks he's ok.
    She watched Da Han Tian Zi as well.

I bought it the other time when I was bored and searching for something to watch. I could not get past it initially but now when I tried these few days, it seems better. I like the scenery and chinese classical bkgd music. I think you really must have some patience to watch the show cause its slow. I am trying to see also if they filmed those fighting sequences well. that's another main attraction.

Its true that babies who are cute may not necessary turn out good-looking as adults (actually, the chances of a cute baby turning out to be a good-looking adult is pretty low)but not everyone can be a very cute baby (the really cute ones). I am talking about those that are really adorable. you know how people go round saying that so and so'
    s baby is cute..not that kind..not patronizing but that those babies that are really adorable and when others seem them and compliment them so as well, genuinely mean it.

yep, its hard to tell from young if they will be good-lookers cause lots of things can go wrong with puberty

To be honest, I don't really have much hope for nowadays' fighting sequences. It's really rare to be able to see any f.s. that can be consider as good. The rest, I just hope they are acceptable. I think the best f.s. are the TVB's 80s ones only. I think none can even come close to that period.

Yes, I absolutely agree w/ you that some babies are extremely adorable.

By the way, I just read some of your old posts. In one of them, you said that Jiao Zhu would have been the perfect Yang Kang, that they should have chosen him instead of Zhou Jie. I absolutely agree. When I first saw him in DH I, I also thought that Jiao Zhu is perfect for either or both Yang Kang and Yang Guo. What a coincedence.

And also, he can be perfect for the role of Kang Xi in Lu Ding Ji. But I think, he probably gonna decline the role even if they offer it to him for he doesn't like to repeat himself. He said he doesn't want to be categorize in the emperor category. That's why he declined the role of Gung Chin Wang when he was offered the role in Long Piao. He rathered go through three times of auditions to get the role of Qi Zi Jun.

Hi Le,

yes, I truly felt that HXM makes a better Yang Kang than Zhou Jie...but now I have decided to give LOCH a second chance so I am trying hard to appreciate this serial.
    like the fighting scenes. What inspired me to give the serial a chance was because I watch the last disc randomly and they showed how much effort went into making LOCH. It put things into a slightly different perspective like the image and how mei chao feng would be created and filmed.

I think that china wuxia serials really come across as different from HK' serials. They are both good in their own ways...but HK's serials were more for the masses..like chinese all over would find it easy and entertaiing to watch. China serials take more efffort to watch, at least for me for LOCH.

At this point in time, I can now accept Zhou Jie's Yang Kang. Think his acting was quite good and helped him to be convincing in this role though he does not have the expected looks to pull it off.

I did not know he went to such efforts to get that role. I respect him for that. Don't think he would be playing Kang Xi, he would want to try new roles and tu po zi ji

Yup, tu po zi ji is exactly what he wants to do. I really respect that attitude of his. Very rare and respectable. That's why I think he won't play Kang Xi either.

Chaule, I'm just wondering. Why do you refer to HXM as Jiao Zhu?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I refer to HXM as Jiao Zhu because his fan club is called "Ming Jiao". Ming is his name as you already know. His TW fans got inspired by the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre's Ming Jiao. They thought that since his name is Ming, so let's call his fan club as Ming Jiao and everyone who like him as "Jiao Zhung/Jiao Tu", and so he was given the tittle as "Jiao Zhu".

I wanted to tell you that I thot Ming Jiao was a very intelligent club name. for eg, the chinese name of Zax Wang of 5566 is Wang Ren fu..so one of his fans called their club "Xing Ren Dou Fu"...very cute and intelligent, right?

Chaule,

In some of the earlier posts for this thread, someone mentioned that HXM sound pretty egoistical or something like that..because he said he himself was his favourite celebrity (somthing along this line)...do u know if that is indeed true?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    In some of the earlier posts for this thread, someone mentioned that HXM sound pretty egoistical or something like that..because he said he himself was his favourite celebrity (somthing along this line)...do u know if that is indeed true?
    According to his profile at http://ixiaoming.myrice.com/:

最喜欢的明星:自己
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, that's not exactly what he meant. I remember the question they asked him was who is his hero/person he admire and want to be like the most. At the time, he said he didn't have any. Each person have both imperfections and strong points. He said he usually try to learn each of their strong points to perfect himself. Then somehow, later they interprete that he view himself as his favorite celebrity. It was completely a misinterpretation.

thks for info.

btw: was checking out Qiao Zhen yu's thread. He looks like a reasonably good choice for Wei Xiao Bao...do check out his thread if you are free

Yes, base on the pics Qiao Zhen Yu does seem like a reasonable good choice. The only question left is his acting. Hope he can pull it off in case he gets the role. Base on his look, he does earn my benefit of the doubt.

Don't doubt Qiao Zhen Yu's acting. He is not only good looking, but a talented actor too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I trust you if you says so. I'll look forward to it if he get the role.

Tinac,

Are you still hanging at this forum?

Are you going to watch Long Piao as well? if you see it sold in ts already...let me know can?

We are already discussing Lu Ding Ji when ROCH is still being filmed....ha ha...but its still fun to guess on the cast!

Hi guys! I haven't been here for awhile due to school. I still have 2 more big projects to do and then I am done. I am so tired.... Anyway, I was just wondering did you guys ever see Long ZHu Feng Bao? That was the first series of Xiao Ming that I ever saw. I liked him but I hated that series since I thought it was really boring... That was my first time seeing Hu ke as well. The story wasn't very good though. I loved the subsong to that series though... What do you guys think of that series?

I saw parts of Da Han Tian Zi on TV and didn't really like it. Ok talk to you guys later!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.