Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Huang Xiao Ming

So, does anyone have anymore good news on Huang xiao ming? This thread is dying slowly in a agonizing death...we need to keep this thread alive. No body here care about HXM anymore? We need people. All I know so far is his filming or has already done filming the serie Long Piao???? forgot the title. I really want to know what the serie about? have anyone got any info on it? and did anyone watch Feng Liu shao Nian....yet. Please share it if you have seen the serie....thanks in advance.

I don't have any more news on this guy, but I do have a pic from PAJQ I would like to share. See him look unfulfilled and scheming. If anyone's wondering, he is the EVIL prince in this series. I basically stopped watching it after a while when I figured out he wasn't going to turn good and usurp the lead in this production.

In any case, I really like this guy. I also have quite a bit of respect for him because, as noted before, he is one hella good looking guy. He could easily bank/coast on that, but has taken on a pretty varied range of roles from comedy to drama to villian. I think he is still a bit raw, and his emotions can get the best of him on screen. Some of his delivery is still a bit stilted, but some of it is pretty inspired (drunk scene in PAJQ, 'nuff said). I think he has that ineffable "IT" and hopefully will be with us for many years to come.

And also, I've noticed that he gets married a lot in his series. In all three series I have seen of him (Da Han Tian Zi, Tang Bo HU, PAJQ) he ties the knot? What's up with that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnalyticChick; 02-09-04 at 08:26 PM.

Hi! I just finished Tang Bo Hu, made me a fan of Huang Xiao Ming. He is cute, funny and very intelligent in the show.

Anyone seen Da Han Tian Zi? Is he good in there, smart/intelligent? I saw some unflattering postings about him in Da Han Tian Zi thread, is he really that bad in the show?

Want to buy yhe show just to see him, but don't want to spend the money if he acts dumb in the show.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Originally posted by tinac
    Anyone seen Da Han Tian Zi? Is he good in there, smart/intelligent? I saw some unflattering postings about him in Da Han Tian Zi thread, is he really that bad in the show?

Want to buy yhe show just to see him, but don't want to spend the money if he acts dumb in the show.
    Unflattering posts? Hmm...I must have missed those. But yeah, I've seen Da Han Tian Zi. Huang Xiao Ming is not bad at all in it, but perhaps he was just a bit overshadowed by Chen Dao Ming's performance. Definitely do check out this series if you're a fan of either one of these two men.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Tinac and AnalyticChick: So both of you have watched Tang Bo Hu...do you happen to have the screen caps of the series...how would you rate this serie? and the actors/actresses?...their characters etc...does Xiao Ming have good chemistry with Carol Cheng? What role is Ho Mei Dien ( did I spell correctly?) Who does she like in the serie? I know this is a lot of question but can you please give some info. Thanks ahead.

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Unflattering posts? Hmm...I must have missed those. But yeah, I've seen Da Han Tian Zi. Huang Xiao Ming is not bad at all in it, but perhaps he was just a bit overshadowed by Chen Dao Ming's performance. Definitely do check out this series if you're a fan of either one of these two men.
    Yeah! I went to the Da Han Tian Zi post/forum and some or the majority of people said his character was getting on their nerves. That he was annoying by keep chasing after Alyssa Chia character. And also they said he was immature.

I wouldn't know that for sure because I haven't watch the serie yet and just maybe some critic are just too demanding...in either case I will form my own judgement once I get to watch the serie myself. Or maybe as you've mention he was overshadowed by Chen Dao Ming. Because I notice from reading the post many praise Dao Ming's role.

Originally posted by chocolate
    Yeah! I went to the Da Han Tian Zi post/forum and some or the majority of people said his character was getting on their nerves. That he was annoying by keep chasing after Alyssa Chia character. And also they said he was immature.

I wouldn't know that for sure because I haven't watch the serie yet and just maybe some critic are just too demanding...in either case I will form my own judgement once I get to watch the serie myself. Or maybe as you've mention he was overshadowed by Chen Dao Ming. Because I notice from reading the post many praise Dao Ming's role.

Oh, okay. I thought the other person was referring to unflattering posts about HXM's actual performance. I personally do not believe that an annoying character is any reason not to watch someone's portrayal. DHTZ I mostly talks about Liu Che's rise to the throne, when he's still a pretty immature and impulsive prince/emperor. Now if you contrast that with Chen Dao Ming's wise and patient character, he's bound to seem more annoying than he really is. I mean, if some other guy had taken over Liu Che's character and had to go with the same plotlines of being madly and hopelessly in love with Alyssa's character, I doubt he would have done much better. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not really HXM's fault.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh, okay. I thought the other person was referring to unflattering posts about HXM's actual performance. I personally do not believe that an annoying character is any reason not to watch someone's portrayal. DHTZ I mostly talks about Liu Che's rise to the throne, when he's still a pretty immature and impulsive prince/emperor. Now if you contrast that with Chen Dao Ming's wise and patient character, he's bound to seem more annoying than he really is. I mean, if some other guy had taken over Liu Che's character and had to go with the same plotlines of being madly and hopelessly in love with Alyssa's character, I doubt he would have done much better. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not really HXM's fault.
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. It's not HXM fault for the type of role he must played because it is demanded in the script. About HXM performance, of course, I would always think he is a wonderful actor who acted out his role very well and convincely. Many actors tend to act in role they are comfortable in only, which is good, but to be a successful actor, I think you must explore other roles as well, like take many different roles...which I think HXM did was good. He did many roles I have seen so far...like a villian, good guys, compassionate, serious, funny etc. All acted out marvelously. I'm just hoping people would just differentiate his role from his real acting potential and not disliking him for his portrayal on screen because some people tend to dislike the actual person along with the character.

Chocolate,
    If you go to this tv series fan forum thread or this one you can peruse the screen caps posted by various users. Incidentally, the user that posts the most screen caps also goes by the handle "chocolate" Coincidence?

And since you evidently enjoy HXM, this series will be perfect for you. It is rather shallow, and the way the plot gets twisted to create "conflict" is laughable in parts. Despite gaping plot holes, you and I know the real reason we are watching this is for him and his performance. This is one of the few things I've seen him in which he is acknowledged to be as handsome as he is in real life. Although HXM is understandably awkward in his first comedy foray, he has some of that comedic timing and gesturing down pat. His character is also pretty petulant and aggravating in some parts, so be prepared. But if you want the chance to stare at him for about 30 episodes (And in every episode I was more amazed at how consistently hot he looked), this is the series for you.
    I personally also think the bad guy is nice looking, but he may not be your cup of tea.

Originally posted by AnalyticChick
    Chocolate,
    If you go to this tv series fan forum thread or this one you can peruse the screen caps posted by various users. Incidentally, the user that posts the most screen caps also goes by the handle "chocolate" Coincidence?

And since you evidently enjoy HXM, this series will be perfect for you. It is rather shallow, and the way the plot gets twisted to create "conflict" is laughable in parts. Despite gaping plot holes, you and I know the real reason we are watching this is for him and his performance. This is one of the few things I've seen him in which he is acknowledged to be as handsome as he is in real life. Although HXM is understandably awkward in his first comedy foray, he has some of that comedic timing and gesturing down pat. His character is also pretty petulant and aggravating in some parts, so be prepared. But if you want the chance to stare at him for about 30 episodes (And in every episode I was more amazed at how consistently hot he looked), this is the series for you.
    I personally also think the bad guy is nice looking, but he may not be your cup of tea.
    Coincidently? Nah, that was me in Tvseriesfans.com and yes I started a HXM thread over there because I was so obsessed with him after watching him as Xian Jian. I did manage to find some picture of him but that was it. It was way to difficult for me because I couldn't speak chinese so I was basically relying most on fans. I also think the bad guy is nice looking, well, base on the picture though...and I assume his acting is okay too?

Which bad guy are you guys referring to?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wow. That's a very impressive cache of pictures for someone (like me!) who can't read Chinese. In any case, I think I will just try to get more of my series on VCD now so I can take screencaps.
    I was looking through the HZGG III pics and darn he does look good. Does he have a large enough part for me to justify watching this series?
    Also, regarding the bad guy. The picture really doesn't do justice to the fact that he looks EXACTLY like a slightly younger, leaner Vincent Jiao. His character is kinda absurd in that the directors needed a "bad guy" and so decided to foist a whole spectrum of EVIL characteristics on him. This is just another example of the wonderful nuance and subtlety that this show possesses. He is a cardboard cutout of the suave villian type, although he does a good job hitting you over the head with his wickedness and is nice to look at to boot.

*HXM fans don't kill me*

He seems to be a pretty egotistical guy in real life. When asked who his favorite actor/performer is, he said...himself. A little humility wouldn't hurt now, would it?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Really? That's disappointing but not surprising. Once young actors realize they are good looking, talented, and in demand humility often goes straight out the window. On the other hand, to say that your favorite performer is yourself shows a real lack of any kind of tact whatsoever no matter how big your ego might be. He can survive in the acting game with an overblown ego but methinks this complete disregard for propriety is going to hurt him down the road.
    Also, the bad guy we are talking about it the main villian of the series. Although this pic doesn't do him any justice, he is the guy on the far right.$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/40282f52_e688/bc/689b/__sr_/e593.jpg?phaZDKAB_hhwooR_')
    Last edited by AnalyticChick; 02-09-04 at 10:33 PM.

*HXM fans don't kill me*

He seems to be a pretty egotistical guy in real life. When asked who his favorite actor/performer is, he said...himself. A little humility wouldn't hurt now, would it?
    Really? Where did you get the news from? Was it from a magazine or from an interview he had?. Could there be a slight chance he might be just joking. Anyway, that really put me off for a few moments there. I always thought he's that kind of people who are humble, or maybe not the talkative kind (maybe I was influence by his portrayal as Xian Jian). Well, it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm going to meet him in real life or anything.

Originally posted by chocolate
    Really? Where did you get the news from? Was it from a magazine or from an interview he had?. Could there be a slight chance he might be just joking. Anyway, that really put me off for a few moments there. I always thought he's that kind of people who are humble, or maybe not the talkative kind (maybe I was influence by his portrayal as Xian Jian). Well, it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm going to meet him in real life or anything.
    I got it from a Chinese fansite dedicated to HXM. It was under one of those profile things where it listed his favorite colors, what kind of girls he likes, etc. No, I don't think he was joking.
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to be influenced into thinking that a role an actor has taken on is how he is in real life. Sometimes that may be the case, and other times not. Of course I don't really know too much else about him in real life or how he treats other people, so perhaps this one bit of info isn't quite fair to judge him with. But, like AC said, it's not really too surprising.

AC: That link to the pic doesn't work, so I still don't know which bad guy you're talking about... Is it the Liu guy who also liked Nian Nu Jiao and was advised by Dongfang Suo not to leave the house, but didn't listen to his advice?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This dashing actor first caught my attention in Da Han Tian Zi.

BTW, has anyone watched this serial titled Ping Zhong something something (sorry....forgot the title) with him? Other casts include Fan Bingbing, Huang Haibing and Shi Xiaolong.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Originally posted by Lingz13
    This dashing actor first caught my attention in Da Han Tian Zi.

BTW, has anyone watched this serial titled Ping Zhong something something (sorry....forgot the title) with him? Other casts include Fan Bingbing, Huang Haibing and Shi Xiaolong.
    Really? I never knew he have a serie with those actors that you mention. All I know is his newest upcoming serie is call Long Paio co-starring with Qin Lan (or whatever her name is)-the girl that everybody hates in HZGG 3. So where did you get the info from?

That link to the pic doesn't work, so I still don't know which bad guy you're talking about... Is it the Liu guy who also liked Nian Nu Jiao and was advised by Dongfang Suo not to leave the house, but didn't listen to his advice?
    Actually, I think we are talking about two different series. I was referring to the bad guy in Tang Bo Hu (and I hope Chocolate was as well) not "Da Hang Tiang Zi. If you are still interested, I have attached the pic in which he is on the far right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by Lingz13
    Is it Ping Zhong Xia Ying? I've heard of it, but have never seen it.

BTW, I found the exact source of the info I mentioned above located here: http://ixiaoming.myrice.com/.

A quick translation of that profile:

Year 2000 graduate of the Beijing Film Institute

Birthday: November 13, 1977
    Year of the snake
    Astrological sign: Scorpio
    Height: 180 cm
    Birth place: Shang Dong - Qing Dao
    Residence: Beijing
    Education: College
    Field: Acting/Performing
    Hobbies: Singing and Dancing
    Blood type: O
    Lucky colors: Black and White
    Favorite people: His family members
    Favorite animals: Dogs and Cats
    Favorite celebrity: Himself
    Most unforgettable event: Getting into college
    Greatest accomplishment(stated with humor?): Growing up
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-30-04 at 10:11 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")