Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Huang Xiao Ming

Originally posted by tinac
    Actually, his voice is dubbed in DHTZ I, II, TBH, and HZGG III (not sure about other 2 series). But, HXM said that the dubbed voice in DHTZ I resembles his voice the most.
    Oh. So was it just his voice that was dubbed, because I know for sure that Dongfang Suo's voice was definitely Chen Dao Ming's real voice.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-17-04 at 03:22 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

why was his voice dubbed?
    omnia vincit amor... praeter paupertatem
    lover conquers all... except poverty

That's one thing i don't get it...why do they dubb the actor/actresses original voices...They all talking chinese ( maybe Mandarin in this case)...Some people who heard his real voice say he voice was pretty good...there's nothing wrong with it..

One of the reasons why I heard they are dubbed is because their real voice does not suit the character that they play. Another reason is that since the stars come from different areas in China, they will have an accent from the dialect they speak there. So they also get dubbed...I wish they can use their real voice instead....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by Trinie
    One of the reasons why I heard they are dubbed is because their real voice does not suit the character that they play. Another reason is that since the stars come from different areas in China, they will have an accent from the dialect they speak there. So they also get dubbed...I wish they can use their real voice instead....
    Yeah, I got friends from Shang Hai, Suzhou and Guang Zhou, their accents are OK. But my friends from Beijing have much stronger accent.

I watched some documentary where they interview people from remote part of China, I took me a while to realize that they were speaking in mandarin because their accents are incredibly thick with their local dialect.

I wonder what HXM's real voice(or maybe dialect?) sounds like that they would have to dub it... Since he says his voice sounds most like the dub used in DHTZ I, I don't understand why they couldn't have just utilized his real voice. I don't like the dub in DHTZ II. It makes him sound too young and even somewhat less powerful than in the first one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Going back over my original post, I don't think I was being too lucid at the time. I was trying to say that I felt that his singing voice was not that hot. I actually enjoy his speaking voice (if that even is his real voice in the serials...) very much as it is velvety and commanding and so chock full of masculine goodness.

Also, isn't he is a recent grad of some famous theatre school? The Shanghai movie school maybe? So even if provincial HXM went in with an accent, he should have been speaking perfect, CCTV Mandarin by the time they got done with him.

He graduated in 2000 from the Beijing Film Institute.

Does anyone know of a series in which his voice is not dubbed at all?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hm, maybe the Long Zhu Feng Bao is his real voice??

He graduated in 2000 from the Beijing Film Institute.

i heard he went to school there with Rebecca Wang... is that true?
    omnia vincit amor... praeter paupertatem
    lover conquers all... except poverty

Originally posted by aisukiandi
    i heard he went to school there with Rebecca Wang... is that true?
    I think I've read that somewhere as well, or maybe it was just that they were in the same series together...
    [EDIT]: After doing some checking up, I found out that Rebecca attended the Beijing School of Dance. However, I believe that Vicky Zhao Wei attended college with Huang Xiao Ming, though.

Huang Xiao Ming is currently making a series called Nu Cai Nan Mao, which is the sister series of Nan Cai Nu Mao (starring Lu Yi and Ruby Lin). I believe this is his first modern series.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-23-04 at 09:33 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I think I've read that somewhere as well, or maybe it was just that they were in the same series together...
    [EDIT]: After doing some checking up, I found out that Rebecca attended the Beijing School of Dance. However, I believe that Vicky Zhao Wei attended college with Huang Xiao Ming, though.

Huang Xiao Ming is currently making a series called Nu Cai Nan Mao, which is the sister series of Nan Cai Nu Mao (starring Lu Yi and Ruby Lin). I believe this is his first modern series.
    He went to school together with Vicky Zhao and Chen Kun. They were classmate and very good friends (including 2 other persons but not mentioned who).

I think his role is a model in that series ... maybe that's why the title is talented girl, handsome guy

It will be his real voice in his new show "Nu Cai Nan Mao".

Link to Nu Cai Nan Mao, lots of HXM pics!

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/nvcnm/index.html

Thanks for the link, Tinac. Whoa, is it just the lighting, or does HXM look really dark? Maybe it's both.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the link, Tinac. Whoa, is it just the lighting, or does HXM look really dark? Maybe it's both.
    Yeah, he looks really dark and his hair is weird. Reminds me of Tin Tin.

Hi everyone! My mandarin is horrible and I have a hard time understanding it. While TVB is getting worse and worse, I went searching for new sources of entertainment. I saw Dai Han Tin Chi ( I know I've butchered the spelling on this one....) on T.V and after that I fell in love at first sight with HXM! I've seen every serial he's ever stared in except for that one comedy....er....you know where he plays a really popular scholar.....and he has these really awful red streaks and a fan sticking out of his head....
    He's the reason for me to watch mainland serials and the reason for my improvement in mandarin! lol! I'm really thrilled to find an english forum dedicated to him.

Yeah...One of the things I love about Huang Xiao Ming is how he's a dashing handsome big guy and a terrific actor! Now he's getting really skinny and dark like Louis Koo. I hope he doesn't continue to lose weight and get darker. I like him extra beefy! I heard he worked really hard on the ancient serial Long Piu (sorry if I spelling this wrong) and that's probably why he lost all that weight. He commented that after doing too many ancient serials and working too hard, he's going to kick back and do some more modern series. I like him in more in ancient costume looking so handsome! The only reason he even took on Long Piu was because the script was too excellent to turn down. I'm really looking forward to that series. It looks really intresting. HXM said that his charachter is neither good nor evil (I love complex charachters!). The reason he looks old in Long Piu is because he plays an older charachter that's really sly and politically savy. I hope he plays more villians because he's great good but I just love him bad.
    Last edited by Jay0__0; 05-07-04 at 07:37 PM.

Halu everyone! hey there Lady Khuge! wow, this means we both like HXM and QZY?! hahaha!!! talk about conicidences. i like this guy too. i have seen him in about 4 serials. the first one is the one he is with Alec Su and, shucks, forgot the girl's name. but he is a villain there! the son of the emperor and a bad guy. but he was sooo good in portraying his role i ended up rooting for him rather than Alec, who was the reason i rented that series! hehe. now, i like HXM better than Alec. actually, i really don't like him much coz there is just so many cute mainlad actors nowadays! wow! Ren Quan, Peter Ho, QZY, HXM, the list goes on and on!
    then i next saw him in Da Han Tian Zhi. where he portrays a bad emperor who is in love with Alyssa! then, i saw him in Ping Zong Xia Ying! yup, he's der, but only for one or two episodes. i am a big fan of Fan Bing Bing, dats why i rent all her series!
    then i saw him in that comedy about Feng Liu Tang Bo Hu, and wow! you guys should watched this! i think its ihis best yet! the show was funny mainly because of him! i was shocked, didn't know he could pull off being a comedienne! but he was GREAT!!!!
    this is definitely a great series! rent it and die laughing at his cute, lovable, mischievous and sweet antics in order to win (the girl protagonist in Huay Yi Gong Zhu with Eric Suen, sorry, i am lousy at remembering names!) heart. oh, and Ho Mei Tian is also there! so there! watch it!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hiya Jenny! Wow, see, you're a real fan of Huang Xiao Ming, having seen so many of his series. Truth be told, I'm not really a fan of his. Yes, he is good-looking. Yes, he is a good actor. But, I'm just weird like that.
    I've only seen HXM in Da Han Tian Zi and DHTZ II. He is not my favorite character in either of those installments, but does make a very convincing young emperor. I wish there was more info available about DHTZ III.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")