These are some classic scenes and properties that repeatedly show up in almost every wuxia series I saw from childhood until now. (Not the plot. So “the main hero falls from a cliff, he’ll find a kungfu manuscript instead of dead” and stuff are not included ) Some of them became a classical joke between me, family and friends
So here’s my list:
1. When a tough man drinking wine, believe me, he pour it out of his mouth more than he drink it.
2. You can see people vomiting blood, but you hardly spot any blood trace on their mouths or teeth.
3. When a man practicing/working hard, there’ll always be a girl who wipes his sweat with the tip (only the tip!!!) of her handkerchief.
4. When a character lie down in bed because injury or sick, his/her opposite sex will take a bowl contains ginseng soup/porridge/medicine, stir the liquid a couple of time, take a very little of the liquid with a spoon, blow it a couple of time to make it cool, then touch the tip (only the tip!!!) of the spoon to his/her lips. Bet you find this scene in almost every wuxia movies!
5. A female can show her attention to a guy by cooking him a bowl of ginseng soup.
6. Buttlers in rich family, mostly named “A-Fu”.
7. When tough fighters does some meditation, a thick fog will appear around their head.
8. A pillow is a rectangular, log-like, so hard –that it’s hurt just to imagine how to put your head on it- material.
Feel free to add the list.